• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Momentary

Banned
Holy shit!! After all this time I finally figured out how to remove Chromatic Aberration from the game. Now I can play without my eyes going crazy and getting a head ache.

If anyone cares to know on PC I'll post what needs to be done

Damn what a good day.

thelastword

Banned
Does the quality of connections jump off a cliff at night? Yikes.
It seems like anytime after 5pm the connection on SFV goes to absolute dogshit, maybe it's because everybody is back at home from work and hence some contraints on cable internet due to density, it could also mean that Capcom's servers are being hit harder due to more persons being on. It's says something about Capcom's servers if the small pool of people playing SFV is that impactful.

I find the best time to play SFV is early morning.... 1am to 6am.

Mr. X

It seems like anytime after 5pm the connection on SFV goes to absolute dogshit, maybe it's because everybody is back at home from work and hence some contraints on cable internet due to density, it could also mean that Capcom's servers are being hit harder due to more persons being on. It's says something about Capcom's servers if the small pool of people playing SFV is that impactful.

I find the best time to play SFV is early morning.... 1am to 6am.
Yeah I'm use to playing times before 2pm est.

Finished the story in extra, I got around 600k FM. I think I'm going to hold off spending FM, and see what Capcom plans next for their game.

molnizzle

What do I gotta tweak in the ini settings?

You gotta tweak INI to turn Vsync off, which shaves off about 3.5 frames of input lag. I'm not doing it because I don't want to get used to less lag than PS4, which is the standard for any tournaments. Not like I'm good enough to enter, but might as well learn the "official" way.

Without INI tweaks the PC version has just under a frame less input lag to begin with. Don't know how much of a difference that will make since the game has a 3 frame buffer or whatever, but yeah, technically PC version has slightly less input lag.

KingBroly

Banned
You gotta tweak INI to turn Vsync off, which shaves off about 3.5 frames of input lag. I'm not doing it because I don't want to get used to less lag than PS4, which is the standard for any tournaments. Not like I'm good enough to enter, but might as well learn the "official" way.

Without INI tweaks the PC version has just under a frame less input lag to begin with. Don't know how much of a difference that will make since the game has a 3 frame buffer or whatever, but yeah, technically PC version has slightly less input lag.

there's 2 things in the ini file listed as "vsync" set to 1. Set them 0 and save.

Ryu is a complete character. No weaknesses at all

But I have to burn meter(after a hit confirm) to score a knockdown on crouching characters. Otherwise all I get is fireball and my opponent and I are reset to neutral. Totally unfair to Ryu players man

Man Ryu would have been so good if MK tatsu hitting crouchers some how made it to the final version lol.

But I have to burn meter(after a hit confirm) to score a knockdown on crouching characters. Otherwise all I get is fireball and my opponent and I are reset to neutral. Totally unfair to Ryu players man

Man Ryu would have been so good if MK tatsu hitting crouchers come how made it to the final version lol.

I kinda want stV:Beta versions. All motion necalli sounds alright lol, punishing fireballs on reaction? Sign me up!

Momentary

Banned
Wired connection. San Diego County. 5 bar matches. People teleporting everywhere. Fake confirms. Net code in the game is a fucking joke.

Can you believe people had the audacity to say he was bad when the game came out?

I'm trying to think of the dumbest tier arguement I've heard. Probably that one guy in here who was desperately claiming necalli was shit tier. I was a noob struggling with him then, and even I knew that wasn't right.
A major part of his argument- stomp is a bad poke

first time making a balrog ragequit in casuals, made me laugh out loud for some reason. it was pretty even until the last match, where i pushed him back into the corner twice.

you shouldn't have done that dude. it was fun until that part.

I hate when I get tired but still keep playing I know there's no way I'm gonna win but I still keep accepting matches, then I keep getting outpoked, jumped in on, and just frame trapped to death by characters I know how to beat.

remember when people were complaining about "25 ryu nerfs" or something around beta 3? Good times

I definitely complained about a lot of the nerfs. And he did get nerfed to hell from his beta 1 version. But I think what myself and many Ryu players didn't consider was the direction of the game Capcom wanted to go in and that everybody was getting nerfed to hell. I think Bison got nerfed so much from his beta 1 version that Solarpowered quit the game before it even came out.

In hindsight, a lot of it needed to happen to make SFV more unique compared to SF4. But part of me would have loved to have started a new version of SF with an entire cast full of broken characters.

I hate when I get tired but still keep playing I know there's no way I'm gonna win but I still keep accepting matches, then I keep getting outpoked, jumped in on, and just frame trapped to death by characters I know how to beat.

Less is more.

Wired connection. San Diego County. 5 bar matches. People teleporting everywhere. Fake confirms. Net code in the game is a fucking joke.

Somethings gotta be going with your ISP. I'm in Orange County and I don't have nearly as bad as time as you seem to have online. Obviously there could be other factors at play but damn.

So time to start the monthly discussion: What controller do you guys to play the game? Arcade sticks, DS4s, Third Party Pads, Hitboxes, or a Guitar Hero controller?

jeJ5YbZ.jpg

switching between this one and the kai version with kuro buttons. i never mod sticks unless something breaks.

is juri still trash bin tier? last I checked in she was. that was a few hours ago.
Depends. Last time you checked was she garbage tier because she has to do those super hard 623's and isn't identical to SF4 Juri?

imo she seems pretty good. She's got problems, unless it's a counter hit she doesn't have many useful links and on normal hits the only button that really nets you any damage is fierce punch because even though a lot of them are special cancelable, most of her specials won't connect because of speed or hitbox. Other than that she's got some amazing pokes, a great v trigger, an invincible reversal, she's fast, and she's got some dope ass combos. She probably won't be in anyone's top 3, which I know might as well be bottom tier for some people, but I don't think you'll be suffering too much if you decide to play her.

JayEH

Thanks.

Anyone else playing casual that's meeting 90% Juri's? Was it like this when the previous dlc characters released?

Yes and no. By far the most popular dlc character. It's boring to fight the same character all the time but I at least feel comfortable in the match up now.

Neoxon

Right now, I'm trying to beat my habit of mashing by playing a few online matches & hitting the lab before I have serious training with my friends later today.

I'm also trying to overcome my match-up demons, namely Laura.

Steroyd

Wow Juri's trials aren't hard per se, but goddamn do some of the inputs look mindfuckery, especially trial 10, the part after the V trigger is more leniant than it looks but my brain has combo fatigue when I get that part lol.

All trials done now to have fun with Juri.

Depends. Last time you checked was she garbage tier because she has to do those super hard 623's and isn't identical to SF4 Juri?

imo she seems pretty good. She's got problems, unless it's a counter hit she doesn't have many useful links and on normal hits the only button that really nets you any damage is fierce punch because even though a lot of them are special cancelable, most of her specials won't connect because of speed or hitbox. Other than that she's got some amazing pokes, a great v trigger, an invincible reversal, she's fast, and she's got some dope ass combos. She probably won't be in anyone's top 3, which I know might as well be bottom tier for some people, but I don't think you'll be suffering too much if you decide to play her.

I'd add she's got air tools no one else does. Her neutral jump pressure is probably objectively better than anyone elses, thanks to a normal that might as well be a dive kick, and the ability to combo in air.

DR2K

Banned
is juri still trash bin tier? last I checked in she was. that was a few hours ago.

She's pretty bad. People will of course discover things that make her seem not as bad. Some will say she's even good.

Have to hand it to Capcom, they've made sure every singe DLC character so far wouldn't be viable enough to disrupt the overall balance.

airjoca

Juri trial 10 was a bitch.

If it helps anyone else, on pad, I found it a lot easier to do the DP to Super motion at the end facing left instead of right. That's how I got it done.

Top Bottom