• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think Ryu's CA is pretty damn stupid. It breaks armor and does stun in V-Trigger. No other Super does that, it's ridiculous. It makes sense canonically, but not as a mechanic.

I actually think Ryu's CA is pretty damn stupid. It breaks armor and does stun in V-Trigger. No other Super does that, it's ridiculous. It makes sense canonically, but not as a mechanic.

It guard breaks and does stun if he's in V-Trigger. I'm not even sure you can V-reversal out of his CA if he's in V-trigger either. I want to say you can't which means guaranteed chip damage despite it hitting multiple times.

That's one thing I haven't seen people talk about. CA chip damage. Supers that have multiple hits seem to do about the same amount of damage on block than ones that only hit once. CA's with multiple hits give you an opportunity to V-reversal out if you were within chip kill range. Maybe Supers that only have one hit should do less or ones that have multiple hits should do more. Or both!

FluxWaveZ

Anyone wanna play?

Edit: Christ, this Ossiel123088 person is annoying. An Ibuki player in Casuals who's set to just spam X. What the fuck is the point of this; this is the fourth time I've run into them today.

Spman2099

People want to take an axe to Chun and Mika but only a scalpel to Ryu? Crazy talk!

Personally, I would love if they would try, just try, doing a no nerf balance. Just work on buffing those characters that need it the most. However, if they are going to nerf characters, they definitely need to focus on Ryu, Chun, Ken, and all the other characters that essentially have everything. Not the characters that have huge disadvantages like Mika.

Many things I would change with the cast in general is hit and hurt boxes. Balance is pretty great as is, but there are some wonky boxes for everyone.

Producer

Anyone wanna play?

Edit: Christ, this Ossiel123088 person is annoying. An Ibuki player in Casuals who's set to just spam X. What the fuck is the point of this; this is the fourth time I've run into them today.

Dude i run into him all the fucking time. It gets so annoying, i've bitched about it here before lol.

Cool man...I probably come back on later

Ggs Production nice Chun you got there

GGs man. Not trying to make excuses or anything but it was kinda laggy :/ could have done better.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Nerf nobody, buff everybody's asses to mika level

Following their current design philosophy, they will probably dole out some minor (if any) nerfs to the top tier characters and throw a few scraps to the bottom. I will be legitimately surprised if they do anything heavy handed.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They would have to give every character godlike anti-airs if they want to leave stuff like Ryu's j.lk in. That would make for a shitty game

Skilletor

Ryu should be the base to which all characters are made/balanced around IMO.

EVO Panel said that this is exactly how they balanced and planned characters. That's why I've said in the past that making Ryu too weak will make the game suffer overall, imo.

18_sf5panel10.jpg

It's to farm FM money. I'm going to keep saying this Matchmaking needs a lobby to avoid this guy as well as those who lag the game.

Edzi

I still think some nerfs are a good idea since a whole cast of characters that are good at everything sounds boring, and I don't think Ryu or Chun are very well balanced at all.

Skab

Special shout outs to Producer for playing me in a few FT5s last night.

I swear to god, after facing your Chun for an extended duration it feels like everyone in ranked is moving in slow motion. I've gone on a massive win streak since I got home from work, gained over 1000 LP and moved through an entire rank.

I'm pretty sure this is how Neo felt in that hallway at the end of The Matrix.

Demoli

EVO Panel said that this is exactly how they balanced and planned characters. That's why I've said in the past that making Ryu too weak will make the game suffer overall, imo.

If their goal was to make a plain they failed, cause atm it's a mountain and ryu's the peak, witha few plateaus here and there.

You know by having a Jab AA as the definitive AA instead of DP. This game still have issues like normal not auto correcting in dash under, Cammy's dive kick being awful while everyone has an issue dealing with Ken's, normals being stubby while Chun Li's and Urien have a long reach and can be hit confirmed into V-Trigger. Shit like this, Ibuki and Juri and some charterers like Guile relies way to much using V-Trigger to get a decent amount of damage while Ryu can do more damage is just 3 moves.

It's to farm FM money. I'm going to keep saying this Matchmaking needs a lobby to avoid this guy as well as those who lag the game.

Get rid of one problem, introduce a bunch of others.

If they bring back lobbies for ranked/casuals, people will start cherry picking opponents based on matchup/player advantage. Suddenly people will start avoiding you if you main a certain character they don't like fighting against, or if you're really good. Suddenly people will start targeting your for "easy points" if you play a character they have an easy time with, or if they can beat you consistently.

People already do that in Battle Lounge. I get way more players in my lobbies when I have Alex or Juri displayed as my main, than when I have Laura displayed.

Don't want that spilling over into ranked/casual. You shouldn't be able to pick and chose who you face. Otherwise, the entire purpose of those modes would be lost.

Skilletor

If their goal was to make a plain they failed, cause atm it's a mountain and ryu's the peak, witha few plateaus here and there.

And yet this isn't seen in the tourney results. There are a few low points, but look at the representation in Capcup. Chun probably #1, I'd guess Ken would be #2.

Ryu is an amazing character and he has a few tools that are a bit too strong, but in order to win with him you need to be as good at everything as the tools Ryu has. If Ryu is the peak, it's a tough one to conquer, because aren't too many people out there winning tourneys or even placing high with him for a character so many people say is undoubtedly the best.

stn

Ryu is an amazing character and he has a few tools that are a bit too strong, but in order to win with him you need to be as good at everything as the tools Ryu has. If Ryu is the peak, it's a tough one to conquer, because aren't too many people out there winning tourneys or even placing high with him for a character so many people say is undoubtedly the best.
Agreed. There are always characters out there that can give you more mileage for less perfection. There are also certain characters that "go ham" much better than others.

Mr. X

There's 2 things really annoying to me about the gameplay still

1. Jumps are like super jump high
2. Mediums startup too slow and recover too fast

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu is also in this special position where he's the go-to guy for beginners and everyone will know the match-up. Really tough to balance.

Just look at the V-League tiers:
https://v-league.pro/tierslist

Top in the top 100.
Bottom in the top 10,000.

There's 2 things really annoying to me about the gameplay still

1. Jumps are like super jump high
2. Mediums startup too slow and recover too fast
Mediums are usually 5-7 frames in this game. That's not slow.

You know by having a Jab AA as the definitive AA instead of DP. This game still have issues like normal not auto correcting in dash under, Cammy's dive kick being awful while everyone has an issue dealing with Ken's, normals being stubby while Chun Li's and Urien have a long reach and can be hit confirmed into V-Trigger. Shit like this, Ibuki and Juri and some charterers like Guile relies way to much using V-Trigger to get a decent amount of damage while Ryu can do more damage is just 3 moves.

I still think some nerfs are a good idea since a whole cast of characters that are good at everything sounds boring, and I don't think Ryu or Chun are very well balanced at all.

If you guys read my previous post from a few pages back I specifically agreed that his jab AA, j.lk, and a few other things needing to be looked at as they are too strong and throw his balance off.

AA normals in this game really need to be looked into and I agree with you regarding that and you will hear no argument on that from me.

Balancing around Ryu doesn't necessarily mean that every character is good at everything. This is demonstrated by the picture that Skilletor shared above. Chun is a different story.

Are some players using auto macros? i played a dude yesterday he was on PS4, he SUCKED, but every single time i grabbed him he tech, it was amazing, i played him again just to test, (usually i don't play bad players twice) I did more grabbing in the next match and he tech everyone of them..

Get rid of one problem, introduce a bunch of others.

If they bring back lobbies for ranked/casuals, people will start cherry picking opponents based on matchup/player advantage. Suddenly people will start avoiding you if you main a certain character they don't like fighting against, or if you're really good. Suddenly people will start targeting your for "easy points" if you play a character they have an easy time with, or if they can beat you consistently.

People already do that in Battle Lounge. I get way more players in my lobbies when I have Alex or Juri displayed as my main, than when I have Laura displayed.

Don't want that spilling over into ranked/casual. You shouldn't be able to pick and chose who you face. Otherwise, the entire purpose of those modes would be lost.

That's their problem if they can't learn the match up. And right now MM doesn't favor to players who actually take the time and be good in the game.

A player is matched up with an opponent with a win streak.
The player wins the first round and the opponent starts to lag turning the game into their favor.
The player looses the game and LP and either have the choice to leave or play again and having the risk of loosing again.
The player search for more games and is matched with the same player again and potentially lose even more points.

in SF4 I could just avoid these players

That's their problem if they can't learn the match up. And right now MM doesn't favor to players who actually take the time and be good in the game.

A player is matched up with an opponent with a win streak.
The player wins the first round and the opponent starts to lag turning the game into their favor.
The player looses the game and LP and either have the choice to leave or play again and having the risk of loosing again.
The player search for more games and is matched with the same player again and potentially lose even more points.

in SF4 I could just avoid these players
Also in SF4 you could actually stop jump ins without a 3f jab. Thanks Capcom.

Ryce

A few more pics of the Skies of Honor stage:

F03ARoZ.png

rxY7Szt.jpg

PoIkWC6.jpg

43kGYYb.jpg

suJDxqw.jpg

CFN says it's Rashid's private jet being piloted by Azam.

daakusedo

By losing points to then play against beginners?
Because i saw match history of this type of players and it's nothing but loss.

Producer

Special shout outs to Producer for playing me in a few FT5s last night.

I swear to god, after facing your Chun for an extended duration it feels like everyone in ranked is moving in slow motion. I've gone on a massive win streak since I got home from work, gained over 1000 LP and moved through an entire rank.

I'm pretty sure this is how Neo felt in that hallway at the end of The Matrix.

Haha thats awesome. Get those points

And yet this isn't seen in the tourney results. There are a few low points, but look at the representation in Capcup. Chun probably #1, I'd guess Ken would be #2.

Its tied right now, 5 Chuns and Kens currently. Only 3 Ryus i think

With Alex, I don't really want the stomp/stungun to track I think. I can already control if it goes close, medium or far. I like having the flexibility to see if there are sitting and waiting from far away and try to make them flinch.

I would like the stomp to cross up though. And for the the knee drop/stomp, I would like them to be considered airborne earlier in the start-up frames.

Also, if they made knees better (and probably his crouching HP), I could accept a nerf with his AA jab. right now I just use knees on hard reads or EX to get out of the corner if possible.

In regards to what he can do in v-trigger. Not sure. I hardly use it. I mostly use it for v-reversals.

Overall, Personally, I just hate some of the hitboxes of cross-ups/jumping attacks and how sometimes it does the non cross up cross up. Maybe jump attacks can cause less hit stun or something, so you have to hit deeper. idk.

Also, off the top of my head, Mika clap, ryu j.lk, Chun s.HP, and give some balance and make her LK anti air not so good and have to choose HK sometimes. And the DP guys shouldn't have the great AA jabs. These things need to be looked at to me. There are others. But I need to think about it more.

ElFly

It guard breaks and does stun if he's in V-Trigger. I'm not even sure you can V-reversal out of his CA if he's in V-trigger either. I want to say you can't which means guaranteed chip damage despite it hitting multiple times.

That's one thing I haven't seen people talk about. CA chip damage. Supers that have multiple hits seem to do about the same amount of damage on block than ones that only hit once. CA's with multiple hits give you an opportunity to V-reversal out if you were within chip kill range. Maybe Supers that only have one hit should do less or ones that have multiple hits should do more. Or both!

this is needed because Supers are the only way to kill people in magic pixel

only out is redesign CAs so all of them hit multiple times where possible

BenjiGAF

Was there ever any word on the Japan-exclusive colors or that one tournament skin for Nash being available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom