• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Starting a new page like

tumblr_o9obq0gvDw1uq6svio1_540.gif

BTW, Double Dragon isn't the only game to have an airplane stage:
Z6rwStS.png

Dragoon Might was in there, too.

That's their problem if they can't learn the match up.

It's not about learning the match up, it's about skewing game results and league points unnaturally.

There's a reason you can't chose your opponent in real tournaments. Whenever something is on the line (like FM and LP), you shouldn't be able to choose your opponent.

Occasional lag isn't a good enough reason to completely undermine the fundamental logic of the mode itself.

I'd say FANG should have less and less damage scaling the longer you are poisoned, and it maxes out to no scaling pretty quickly. He does little damage now anyway, so that would actually make people give a fuck and possibly panic over being poisoned.

ElFly

overall nerfs/buffs I want

-Jabs need to be nerfed as anti airs across the board. people who depend on them should get a proper normal heavy anti air or at worst, medium. there is too much reward for little risk here

-Mika. just somehow nerf the clap

-Guile needs to be changed overall. I just...don't like his V-Trigger or his V-Skill. don't think it's gonna happen and this is gonna be overall the worse character design (not necessarily worse in tiers) in the game

-Dashes need to be a little better in distance covered across the board, at least for the people without crazy dashes already

-Jumping attacks in general need a little less hurtbox under them. not everyone needs a disjointed hitbox on a jump in but maybe they just trade too much. maybe overlaps with the Jab change, dunno

-Ken needs to be brought in line with the rest of the cast on the pause time his normals provoke

-Ryu and Ken need to do a smidge less damage. they are far too crazy rn

Skilletor

I'd say FANG should have less and less damage scaling the longer you are poisoned, and it maxes out to no scaling pretty quickly. He does little damage now anyway, so that would actually make people give a fuck and possibly panic over being poisoned.

I would pick two:

Do more damage over time
Take more damage when you get hit
prevents stun bar from going away while poisoned

Producer

Guile needs to be changed overall. I just...don't like his V-Trigger or his V-Skill. don't think it's gonna happen and this is gonna be overall the worse character design (not necessarily worse in tiers) in the game

His vskill and vtrigger are awesome. Pretty unique and alot of utility.

Dahbomb

EVO Panel said that this is exactly how they balanced and planned characters. That's why I've said in the past that making Ryu too weak will make the game suffer overall, imo.
Based on their own criteria, they failed.

If Ryu was the standard then you would expect some characters to be above him and the rest below him. If he's at the top then you screwed up. That means that based on their own standard, they over nerfed just about everyone else which is something they said they wouldn't do.

That said none of this is a major issue. If Ryu is the best or second best character then that's not a bad issue to have. It's not as bad as having a vortex character or dive kick character on top.

On one of the Facebook pages I liked - or maybe it was an article, I dunno - they were talking about how unbalanced SFV was. No examples, because fuck that noise scrubs don't need tangible evidence, but someone mentioned Jojo.

Like HttF Jojo. The Jojo with Pet Shop.

One of the dudes said that game was more balanced than SFV.

Jojo HttF.

The same game where even at a lower level, you can just feel the tiers. Where half the cast is fucking booty and the top tiers even besides PS are broken as hell.

Shoutouts to a lot of fighting games this gen actually coming out relatitively balanced compared to older titles.

Edit: Offer already taken

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I see no better option to post this. I recently got an offer from Gootecks to join a "6-week interactive Video Course with Live training led by Gootecks."
As much as I enjoy street fighter, I think someone more dedicated to the game might get better mileage out of this than me.

If you are interested, send me a message. First person to do so , will get the link to the free workshop;
NOTE: I DO NOT have any affiliations with Cross Counter. They just sent me this offer as a "thank you" after I donated to a charity they were campaigning for.

3154485-gootex.png

-Jabs need to be nerfed as anti airs across the board. people who depend on them should get a proper normal heavy anti air or at worst, medium. there is too much reward for little risk here

-Guile needs to be changed overall. I just...don't like his V-Trigger or his V-Skill. don't think it's gonna happen and this is gonna be overall the worse character design (not necessarily worse in tiers) in the game

-Dashes need to be a little better in distance covered across the board, at least for the people without crazy dashes already

-Jumping attacks in general need a little less hurtbox under them. not everyone needs a disjointed hitbox on a jump in but maybe they just trade too much. maybe overlaps with the Jab change, dunno

-Ken needs to be brought in line with the rest of the cast on the pause time his normals provoke
huh?

Grechy34

I'm not very good at the game but I main Guile. Why the change on his V-Trig though? Elaborate on that one.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, you guys are too harsh on Goo. I wouldn't mind a chance for him to pick apart my game (although don't really have the budget or time for lessons atm).
Who took the offer, just out of interest?

JayEH

GGs JayEH.

My internet acted up and kicked me out of the server ._.

I'm going to take this as a sign and go to sleep. Hope the connection was good on your side too.

GGs. Connection was good for me. First chun I've played at your level and and I'm happy I was at least able to keep it close lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom