• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that I don't think I've ever really thought of Karin as a "speedy" character. She's got her movement specials, so I guess it kind of makes sense.

I feel like Chun is a "faster" character, and she's got 950.

True. Karin is more of a 'Balanced' type than a speedster/glass cannon, but still, unless it's a rather "beefy-ish" female, generally speaking, she's going have either a weaker damage output, lower health or both, with speed, finesse and technique being her strengths to off-set that.

This is beyond just fighters too, but most games in general that have such disparities. Albeit, Princess is always the slowest in Mario games, lol.

Or Sega could just bring back the greatest fighter of all time...

I'm sure everyone here knows how much I love SFV, but VF is just the best fighter ever IMO, nothing beats that high level 1v1.

My lion actually got decent before I stopped playing

You'd think Sega being Sega, that it wouldn't be the most drab fighter of all time, but no. How the "greatest" fighter of all time got the most boring roster of all time? Guess they had to off-set their damnselves.

You'd think Sega being Sega, that it wouldn't be the most drab fighter of all time, but no. How the "greatest" fighter of all time got the most boring roster of all time? Guess they had to off-set their damnselves.
yeah, it is really generic I'll give you that, VF4 Evo helped a little with all the items/customization you earn in quest mode but it was all really goofy.

Mechanic wise, I think VF is the Street Fighter of 3D games, and even surpasses SF on a competitive level because the mechanics are just that much more deeper.

myco666

Basically you should never be asked for or state your suggestion of fighting game characters again.

Why? Because I want actually interesting female character instead of something we already have tons of? New female characters in SF4 were C.Viper and Juri. Both slim with sex appeal and have low health. New female in SF5 is Laura. She is slim with sex appeal and has low health. I don't mind getting female characters like that but getting something different would be interesting.

Spinky

So Juri's ass, right? That's what I've heard.

Not that it really matters to me much anyway, 'cos I'm ass too. Ass character for an ass player.

Why? Because I want actually interesting female character instead of something we already have tons of? New female characters in SF4 were C.Viper and Juri. Both slim with sex appeal and have low health. New female in SF5 is Laura. She is slim with sex appeal and has low health. I don't mind getting female characters like that but getting something different would be interesting.

Huh? Laura's got 1000 health and 1000 stun, same as Ryu and Ken and MORE than any other dude not named Birdie or Zangief.

She's canonically the heaviest woman in the entire series too, even if that's not really reflected in her character model.

myco666

Huh? Laura's got 1000 health and 1000 stun, same as Ryu and Ken and MORE than any other dude not named Birdie or Zangief.

She's canonically the heaviest woman in the entire series too, even if that's not really reflected in her character model.

She has 1000? Oops. I remembered that she had 950 for some reason.

She has 1000? Oops. I remembered that she had 950 for some reason.

IIRC Mika's health was nerfed from 1000 to 950 after one of the betas; perhaps you were thinking of that?

Back in USFIV Poison subverted the "girl tax" for a while too, but eventually her health was nerfed down to 950 too for some reason.

I know where a lot of that weight went.

JayEH

While we're on Laura., Is there a mod where Laura has a full head of hair? Not a fan of her current hairstyle.

Spinky

But seriously, why is Juri considered bad? Just curious. I'll probably keep playing her anyway, no point in trying to get super competitive when the netcode's like this.

JayEH

But seriously, why is Juri considered bad? Just curious. I'll probably keep playing her anyway, no point in trying to get super competitive when the netcode's like this.

Low damage while also having to store specials is not a good mix. There's basically other characters out there that do her better with 100% less work involved.

Laura isn't really slim, she's actually moderately thick and as someone else already stated, doesn't have low health. SHe's also not a speedster either. The sex appeal part is there of course tho. You earned my "scathing" dissent with "Female Birdie" tho. YOu don't have to veer so far left just in order to be different.

I actually have an idea of a female fighter character for Street Fighter that would rather fit the build you're speaking of, sans the goofy, ugly Birdie-likeness. She would actually be Black tho, as black female characters are horribly under/misrepresented in pretty much...everything. I even have her fighting style, likenesses, personality, etc. in mind actually.

yeah, it is really generic I'll give you that, VF4 Evo helped a little with all the items/customization you earn in quest mode but it was all really goofy.

Mechanic wise, I think VF is the Street Fighter of 3D games, and even surpasses SF on a competitive level because the mechanics are just that much more deeper.

Generic is understating it and I'm a fan of the game and series (well, pretty much all fighters tho, so...).

As deep as it is, there's parts of it I think that are a lil too deep for its own good in some regards and then, for the style they went with the game as far as mechanics go, I wish they still dialed it back to being even more realistic on another sentiment.

myco666

Laura isn't really slim, she's actually moderately thick and as someone else already stated, doesn't have low health. SHe's also not a speedster either. The sex appeal part is there of course tho. You earned my "scathing" dissent with "Female Birdie" tho. YOu don't have to veer so far left just in order to be different.

I actually have an idea of a female fighter character for Street Fighter that would rather fit the build you're speaking of, sans the goofy, ugly Birdie-likeness. She would actually be Black tho, as black female characters are horribly under/misrepresented in pretty much...everything. I even have her fighting style, likenesses, personality, etc. in mind actually.

Obviously I was taking it to extreme with the Birdie comment. I still would like to have goofy female design because those are very rare but anything that breaks the norm is great in my books. Also yeah black female characters are very under represented and definitely need to be included in more games.

Low damage while also having to store specials is not a good mix. There's basically other characters out there that do her better with 100% less work involved.

Watching AIAI in Evo was hype but now watching any Juri video is boring. Out of all the characters, Capcom really dropped the ball making her the worst character in the game.

Numb

For me, it's either Josie or Bob.

Yes I like Bob, get over it people.

Fang, Honda and Bob

200.gif

Spinky

I've been using Asuka 99% of the time in every Tekken game ever since 5 was released, so yeah.

Will give Master Raven a go, though.

Definitely gonna try out all the characters as this will be my first Tekken in quite a while.

Though I just know that I'm not gonna like Bryan. What an edgelord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom