• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Too bad Du got hot at the end of the season. Too much of a target on his back right now to win it all IMO. Infiltration doing the smart sandbagging to emerge victorious.

qcf x2

What happened with Low Tier God?

I thought he was known to be a joke/jerk after getting blown up real hard by Viscant I think?
Basically the one where he was making fun of the dude for being a nerd and then lost a long set.

I just googled it, and it looks like he might be banned? What did I miss? lol

Well, he's reached new lows, if you can believe that. Dude is so desperate for money he's asking for $1k to drink his own piss. There are some things you can never live down.

Zackat

Well, he's reached new lows, if you can believe that. Dude is so desperate for money he's asking for $1k to drink his own piss. There are some things you can never live down.

Producer

That video is all kinds of wtf. His piss looks like he doesnt drink any water at all. And now i feel fucking weird for talking about some dudes piss

qcf x2

That video is all kinds of wtf. His piss looks like he doesnt drink any water at all. And now i feel fucking weird for talking about some dudes piss

Yeah, I feel weird for even having watched the clip. I was just browsing the internet this evening when the "whatever happened to that guy" question popped into my mind. Note to self: ignore those questions in the future.

vulva

ggs, sorry I was playing like shit the last few sets.

Regarding the pushback, most chars have certain moves that if they get counterhit out of their startup it moves them back farther than usual. In chun's case, st. mp does that. That way I can interrupt something that would normally combo.

FluxWaveZ

Why is Karin's health so bad? Are her normals and offense that good to justify it? It's not like she has any great defensive options outside of her meter reversal, either.

I don't really hear Karin's complain about it, so I'm interested in knowing what the balancing act is there.

Why is Karin's health so bad? Are her normals and offense that good to justify it? It's not like she has any great defensive options outside of her meter reversal, either.

I don't really hear Karin's complain about it, so I'm interested in knowing what the balancing act is there.

Her health has never bothered me and I've always made do. However her anti-airs are another story.

FluxWaveZ

Her health has never bothered me and I've always made do. However her anti-airs are another story.

Yeah, but what I want to know is the design decision behind it. Dhalsim has unconventional mobility, great defensive options and teleports. Cammy has crazy offense, great mobility and a meterless reversal.

What does Karin have that forces her to have 900 health? Her super does a ton of damage, but I can't really think of much else right now. I guess it might really be how good her buttons are that does it.

Fantastic buttons, a hit-confirmable special that's safe on block, damn good confirms and damage with the just frame tenko, a metered reversal, pretty good walk and dash speed, one of the better v-skills, a 2-bar V-Trigger that can lead to free pressure, a decent v-reversal, fantastic corner carry, a solid shimmy game, a damn good cr.hk and an excellent CC fishing button. EDIT: Also a 3-frame jab.

The only downside is that her AAs are rather inconsistent. Other than that, she's an incredibly stable and solid character.

FluxWaveZ

She doesn't have a meterless reversal (I assume you meant "meter"?). But yeah, I guess those are pretty much the down-to-earth reasons behind her fragility. It's also why I like going against Karins; something real fundamental in that MU that's fun; definitely more so than Ryu.

myco666

Wow. Then again Pewdiepie drinked his piss already on his channel so I guess LTG wants to mimic that.

She doesn't have a meterless reversal (I assume you meant "meter"?). But yeah, I guess those are pretty much the down-to-earth reasons behind her fragility. It's also why I like going against Karins; something real fundamental in that MU that's fun; definitely more so than Ryu.
Yeah, meant metered. Edited my post.

Karin is really great because she's such an honest character and every advantage she gets is one that she earns. Any bullshit that she does have is stuff that'll only work once in a set but never more than once (unless the opponent simply doesn't know to adapt)

Wow. Then again Pewdiepie drinked his piss already on his channel so I guess LTG wants to mimic that.
WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH STREAMERS AND THEIR URINE!!

mitchlol

Unfortunately I don't have ps4 nor good enough pc to play the game but I enjoy spectating...

https://youtu.be/jNc3gNGYEjw

round 1...

Itazan is the god of gief. There might be only a handful of players in the world that can make zangief look as scary as he does. The only thing I will say is that Gief Vs Ryu is quite a fair match up when compared to some other gief match ups.

I wish Itabashi was going to be at Capcom Cup, his matches are so hype.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, had to watch that now. What's up with the piss bottles? And it's not even bottes, it's like a gallon jug. Dude is fucked up.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah, meant metered. Edited my post.

Karin is really great because she's such an honest character and every advantage she gets is one that she earns. Any bullshit that she does have is stuff that'll only work once in a set but never more than once (unless the opponent simply doesn't know to adapt)

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH STREAMERS AND THEIR URINE!!

Karin is pretty fair, but her jab reset is pretty dirty and will definitely work more than once.

Karin's health is fine though. Her footsies are amazing. Her buttons combined with her walk speed make her VERY hard to hit for a lot of the cast. When she touches you, she's going to do MASSIVE damage. A lot of her "unsafe" stuff can't be punished that hard. Like cr. rh at max range is -14 but probably isn't getting a full combo punish. Tenkos are super unsafe, but pushback is massive so often combos are cut short. Probably her best things are her st. lk and her jab reset. She's great at counterpoking and never really has to take big risks.

Karin is pretty fair, but her jab reset is pretty dirty and will definitely work more than once.

Karin's health is fine though. Her footsies are amazing. Her buttons combined with her walk speed make her VERY hard to hit for a lot of the cast. When she touches you, she's going to do MASSIVE damage. A lot of her "unsafe" stuff can't be punished that hard. Like cr. rh at max range is -14 but probably isn't getting a full combo punish. Tenkos are super unsafe, but pushback is massive so often combos are cut short. Probably her best things are her st. lk and her jab reset. She's great at counterpoking and never really has to take big risks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TTzW1DJWs8
Though I may be spoiled since my character is one of the few that can punish her cr.hk with a cr.hk

That jab reset is indeed pretty slippery but Mika (to an extent), Necalli and Cammy also have some pretty darn ambiguous resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom