• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Ricki saying fireball and instant air-legs got nerfed.

Was hoping the birdkick damage got reduced. Don't think she deserves that damage output.

mbpm1

Akuma thoughts

No fullscreen fireballs until v-trigger
V-trigger lets you do like 5 fireballs before it's gone
Animations look off
Hair looks kind of lion-ish like Leo from GG. Woshige?
He seems to share some Necalli-ish traits. His cr. hp reminds me of necalli. His win pose looks like necalli's winpose (why?)\
Obviously feels slow compared to other versions of akuma because of the system.
I wonder how good the parry is, and what the recovery is on a non-followed up parry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
.... That's all a balance patch is?
Ucchedavāda;225932136 said:
What kind of drastic changes would you like to see, if you don't mind me asking?
I don't know exactly, but people have been asking for things like removal of anti-air jabs, giving Zangief a new tool or adjusting start-up of moves in line with input lag reduction. Stuff like that.

FluxWaveZ

I can just feel the salt emanating from whoever said it.

He did seem pretty distraught at the end of our set. Pretty sure Alex vs. Mika is 5:5, but he was talking like he's Balrog or Dhalsim in the MU.

No idea where he would have heard that info from, too. Either way, st.MP being -6 makes little sense. The clap itself? Sure, maybe.

Sheroking

I don't know exactly, but people have been asking for things like removal of anti-air jabs, giving Zangief a new tool or adjusting start-up of moves in line with input lag reduction. Stuff like that.

The removal of anti-air jabs would be accomplished with minor hitbox alterations. Input lag reduction might happen yet.

He did seem pretty distraught at the end of our set. Pretty sure Alex vs. Mika is 5:5, but he was talking like he's Balrog or Dhalsim in the MU.

No idea where he would have heard that info from, too. Either way, st.MP being -6 makes little sense. The clap itself? Sure, maybe.
Alex is definitely one of the characters that has the burst potential to just wreck Mika, and his normals allow him to get some distance between them too.

He probably made that shit up tbh.

Animations look fine jesus, Akuma just has really deliberate form, it's almost like watching a samurai swinging to make every swing count.

Animations look fine jesus, Akuma just has really deliberate form, it's almost like watching a samurai swinging to make every swing count.

The only Akuma animation I've noticed that looks odd is the ground-"stomp", and that is because of the way in which he suddenly accelerates towards the ground in the middle of a jump. The rest of his moves look fine to me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
You know what... I would be ok with Akuma + 5 brand new fighters for season 2.
It would basically be a repeat of what Street Fighter 3 did and that turned out awesome.

FluxWaveZ

I'm fine with whatever changes to Mika they make, but the only thing that'll make me mad is if Chun-Li seriously got a better treatment in that regard than her. Chun deserves to get destroyed at least as hard as no mid-screen wallbounce for Mika. She is the one character, to me, who is absolutely ridiculous.

Moaradin

They said they wanted Akuma's moves and stances to look like Buddhist statues. That could be why some people say he looks stiff. I think the animations are great personally.

Tecl0n

The energy required to nerf Mika had to be compensated by buffing (or at least not nerfing) Chun. What have we done.

Need that FANG and Rog info tho.

mbpm1

I'm fine with whatever changes to Mika they make, but the only thing that'll make me mad is if Chun-Li seriously got a better treatment in that regard than her. Chun deserves to get destroyed at least as hard as no mid-screen wallbounce for Mika. She is the one character, to me, who is absolutely ridiculous.

She's not getting destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom