• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Karin's super? Why?

Damage is pretty OD. I've mained her for the entire run and even I'm still surprised it kills from some ranges.

If it were me, I'd shave some damage on that and buff her AA game. Other than that, I think she's balanced.

They said they wanted Akuma's moves and stances to look like Buddhist statues. That could be why some people say he looks stiff. I think the animations are great personally.

Yeah I think so too, I love it when deliberate fighting forms get animated properly, like mr Karate in KOF, Akira in VF or Eliot in doa.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Damage is pretty OD. I've mained her for the entire run and even I'm still surprised it kills from some ranges.

If it were me, I'd shave some damage on that and buff her AA game. Other than that, I think she's balanced.
Her super doesn't do more damage than others. It's just that all the damage is in the last hit. She has pretty average CA combo damage.

You can apparently already buy the seasons pass for PS4:

Season 2 Character Pass is out
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...2017/cid=UP0102-CUSA01200_00-SFVSEASN2017BUND

Contains 6 additional characters: Akuma and 5 brand new fighters join the fight! Akuma will be available 12/20/2016, followed by the additional 5 characters throughout the year. Each 2017 character comes with a Premium Battle costume with colors 3-10 unlocked. Additionally, Street Fighter® V 2017 Character Pass holders will receive an exclusive PS4 theme and default costume colors 3-10 for all Season 2 characters!

Nothing on Steam, yet.

It looks like Nash's MK Sonic Scythe has been nerfed, as he now longer shoots half way across the screen whilst using it. Can anyone confirm?

jett

D-Member
Ucchedavāda;225933552 said:
You can apparently already buy the seasons pass for PS4:

Nothing on Steam, yet.

I really don't think you should be allowed to sell a season pass without detailing what the hell is on it.

Moaradin

Irish Whip not working mid screen is a totally reasonable nerf. That move was just too strong. It was way too easy to throw out as a poke hoping to catch buttons for extremely low risk and high reward. Pretty sure one of the Beta versions of Mika worked like this.

The other change doesn't seem legit to me.

FluxWaveZ

Hmph, now we'll see who was truly dedicated to R. Mika.

Chun-Li's pissing me off now, though.

Uhh guys, I think he means +6 on HIT since his st.mp is 6 frames and doesn't combo in it's current state since it's +5 on hit right now.

Haha, yeah, that makes way more sense. I'm still over here imagining on block, though.

Does any other game do that? I can't think of any.

Plenty of games offer seasons passes for subsequent DLC (a recent example that I remember being Fallout 4), and I can't actually think of any that specify up front exactly what you are getting. I also think you could buy the MKX seasons pass kombat pack before they had revealed all of those characters. There's nothing unusual about it, though I understand why you might object to the practice.

Throwing her out of the roster is hyperbole for sure, but Mika is a severely unbalanced character in that she almost entirely relies on her mix-up game and pressure to win. st.mp being -6, mid-screen wallbounce being gone AND being unable to change the direction of her whip?
That is murder.
Relax man, that st.mp being -6 nonsense are the words of an apparently very salty Alex player.

Whales

Banned
Throwing her out of the roster is hyperbole for sure, but Mika is a severely unbalanced character in that she almost entirely relies on her mix-up game and pressure to win. st.mp being -6, mid-screen wallbounce being gone AND being unable to change the direction of her whip?
That is murder.

chill, her st.mp is not gonna be -6 lol where did ppl get that? from the dude flux played?

the irish whip nerf was good, now dont touch her
and they better haved fucked up chunli more than that.

I heard ryu's j.lk doesnt crossup anymore too
and nash's Vtrigger is now 3 bars

What about irish whip direction?
Well, that seems to be true since LPN just said it on his twitter.

Also, Akuma looking like an absolute boss.

CyxuacnUoAAiV3L.jpg:orig

Zackat

Midscreen wall bounce was too good and needed to be nerfed. If that was the only change it would be good. I won't believe anything else til I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom