• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if her irish whip only carries them forward and they don't hit the corner, that's still some decent carry towards a corner and probably an advantageous position for Mika.

jett

D-Member
Her s.mp has a 5-frame start-up and is -2 on block. Could only combo into irish whip at short range. Her irish whip in itself is unsafe on block and slower than s.mp. She doesn't have any particularly strong way to get out of corner pressure without risk unless she manages to capitalize on a mistake of her opponent.

Furthermore, without irish whip, mika has some real fucking difficulty to get people into the corner. She has no particularly good ways to close in on opponents and has to take risks to do so. Now, any instance where people manage to get out of the corner, she loses every piece of momentum she has and has to do everything all over again. Besides, why the hell are you trying to get Mika into the corner unless you're absolutely certain you can keep up the pressure once she's there? You play keepaway if you can and don't be too greedy if you get her in the corner.

She isn't a strong enough character overall to be decent with the tremendous nerfs they gave her. In the meantime, characters who are already incredibly powerful like Chun get buffed. This is why I'm saying it's probably due to the salty scrubs that have been bitching about her when getting their ass kicked due to not knowing the match-up.

Speaking dat truth.

Ucchedavāda;225935648 said:
Possibly they are not even looking for feedback, but are simply using a build including Akuma that they prepared specifically for PSX. The version in active development could already be quite different from what people are seeing at PSX.

Yeah, I'm not too sure this is the real deal. I'll at least wait until tonight to make a call, but I feel like if the balance changes are set in stone, then they'll drop the information when they start discussing Season 2.

RK9039

And this is exactly why people complain about her: because they're not playing the match-up right. You're all rejoicing now, but I guarantee you that good Mikas will still be wrecking those who just complained and didn't actually study the MU.

Hit and run is the best tactics for me, works really well against Mika and Zangief.

Trickster

Are people really having to figure out character changes themselves? Why haven't Capcom put out a list of official changes like every other developer on the face of the earth does?

Mika changes sounds horrifyingly terrible btw. Might as well just delete her from the game

Ucchedavāda;225935648 said:
Possibly they are not even looking for feedback, but are simply using a build including Akuma that they prepared specifically for PSX. The version in active development could already be quite different from what people are seeing at PSX.

Yeah I was also thinking this as well. Although it does help you get an insight as to their balance process.

Are people really having to figure out character changes themselves? Why haven't Capcom put out a list of official changes like every other developer on the face of the earth does?

Because the patch is coming out on 20th December at the earliest and there's still plenty of time to release it before then.

Also this current showing is mainly for showing off Akuma and the Holiday DLC more than anything.

mbpm1

Mika changes sounds horrifyingly terrible btw. Might as well just delete her from the game

Nintendo doesn't put out patch notes

Skab

Because the patch isnt released? No developer puts out patch notes for a fucking show floor build before a patch is released.

Get out of here with that shit.

JayEH

The light version is actually a decent anti-air, but the jump really needs to be telegraphed for it. Smug even used the EX version in that set (I think) to absorb an incoming air hit and hit him out of it. Cool stuff.

The EX as a wake-up option, though? Pretty laughable.

more of an offensive tool really. one of his best combo enders and heavy version leads to juggle.

SSReborn

Because patch notes usually release when a patch comes out or slightly before. This isn't coming until December 20th assuming they aren't just testing this stuff for the event and it's farther out.

Zackat

It was just unfun getting hit once in midscreen and going to the corner right away. That's the only problem I had with Mika. You can call me bad or that I don't understand, whatever you want.

Was it confirmed that the balance changes are even coming December 20th? I'm betting that shit ain't gonna hit until Feb.

Nah, most people are just assuming since Akuma is also coming out on that date.

Though I think the balance patch is most definitely hitting before the start of February since the first CPT event is in late February and they'll want to give the players at least a little while to get used to the changes.

This is kinda weird, didn't combofiend say something about having Ryu as a baseline and bringing everyone up to his level?

Sounds like some characters are getting murked.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/805168353715204096

"Karin Season 2 at PSX.
St.LK is +1 on block
V Reversal sends them full screen
Air target combo (lol)
Jab reset there but no 50/50 mixup"

Well, those make more sense than the others imo. I expected the reset to be gone and st.lk to get nerfed to +2. Air target combo sounds amazing, she needed something for her anti-air game.
I have to see the V-Reversal, but that doesn't sound good.

Trickster

Because the patch isnt released? No developer puts out patch notes for a fucking show floor build before a patch is released.

Get out of here with that shit.

*shrug* I'm just used to games that revolve around multiplayer to have patch notes the moment they are thrown up on testing servers. Though I guess that they don't tend to have a presence at gameshows.

I still don't see that there would be any harm to be done by make a list of the current changes compared to the live version. Would prevent rumours and make it easier for people to provide feedback if they have the changes listed.

No need for the immediate rudeness btw

Soulstar

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/805168353715204096

"Karin Season 2 at PSX.
St.LK is +1 on block
V Reversal sends them full screen
Air target combo (lol)
Jab reset there but no 50/50 mixup"

Well, those make more sense than the others imo. I expected the reset to be gone and st.lk to get nerfed to +2. Air target combo sounds amazing, she needed something for her anti-air game.
I have to see the V-Reversal, but that doesn't sound good.

I don't know about these Karin changes.

Skab

‏@ultradavid
Idk if it's known yet, but #SFV season 2 characters are at #PSX16! I have a few game & character change notes, not complete/certain ofc

@ultradavid

#SFV season 2 game changes:
-Antiair jabs all worse
-ONLY ex dps have invul
-Frame adv/positioning worse post-throws, no pressure midscreen

About next years season pass, I really don't think the last character should be released so late. in the year. If it were up to me the final character would be released in July right after EVO. That way people can play around with the character and get comfortable with him/her and possibly make a run with that character while their are still tournaments going on.

I really didn't like Urien being released only a month before the final points tournaments. I know RB was able to. But you gotta give people more time than that if you want to see these characters in high level tournaments.

EDIT: As for DP's not being full invincible anymore. I'm cool with that, but I don't think you should be able to crush counter them on block anymore either if that's the case. It's not a free risk anymore since you're wasting a bar. I get that people won't like that idea but it's just my opinion of that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom