• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Yup, they did JW
Yup, it's going to be fun fighting Necalli players.
v9Xey9i.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Everyone having to spend meter for a reversal is huge.

The rarity of no-cost reversals was the most lopsided thing about the game in general IMO.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nerf jab anti-airs AND invul dp's?

#JUMPINSALLDAY

Has anyone checked to see if i-frames are still on DPs, just not on the first few frames?

I'm thinking they might be like Guile's non-EX flash kick now; worthless as reversals but still good anti-airs.

What? No lol, get CC'd and learn to block now.

I mean the reason why they get CC on recovery in the first place is because of the high reward of being an invul non-meter move that shits on non-true block strings and meaties. CC is the high risk associated with the high reward so people don't abuse that tool. I don't see why CC on recovery is needed now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They turned lightning legs into a mash command? What is going on

I mean the reason why they get CC on recovery in the first place is because of the high reward of being an invul non-meter move that shits on non-true block strings and meaties. CC is the high risk associated with the high reward so people don't abuse that tool. I don't see why CC on recovery is needed now.
And Ibuki is already like this.

I'm thinking they might be like Guile's non-EX flash kick now; worthless as reversals but still good anti-airs.

I think that's exactly how they'll work. Which means they'll also all be throw invincible. Which still puts people in a guessing game as to whether they should go for a throw, meaty, or bait the DP. Those moves may not be invincible anymore but they still may not allow you to do whatever you feel like to Shoto's and company just because they don't have a bar to work with.

sinkfla87

FUCK YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

@ultradavid
#SFV season 2
-Fang: in vtrigger special moves don't require charge time! haven't heard about anything else yet but doesn't mean there isn't

Oh my God, This changes EVERYTHING. Well not everything but damn if that isn't an amazing buff.

You say that but Guile's flash kicks are CCable on their recovery and only EX version has invincibility.

I need more Gief infoooooooo!

And I knew Mika would get big nerfs since that's who people have been complaining about the most ALL YEAR. Hopefully they give her something in return. Because it sounds like they did for Ryu and Chun and those two(as well as Ken and Necalli) are way more unbalanced than Mika IMO.

You say that but Guile's flash kicks are CCable on their recovery and only EX version has invincibility.

If it were me only the invulnerable DPs would get CC on recovery, but they probably did that for consistency's sake. New players wouldn't understand why they can CC a medium DP but not a light or heavy one.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is it not like that for Ibuki? Only her EX uppercut can be Crush Countered if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom