• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caim

@JWonggg
"Chun can do cr lk cr lk into legs into V TRIGGER CANCEL (WHAT) and continue the combo from there..."

EDIT: Beaten!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I need more Gief infoooooooo!

And I knew Mika would get big nerfs since that's who people have been complaining about the most ALL YEAR. Hopefully they give her something in return. Because it sounds like they did for Ryu and Chun and those two(as well as Ken and Necalli) are way more unbalanced than Mika IMO.

The worst thing Mika ever had to deal with was no-cost reversals. Those are gone.

I'm not too surprised at what I've heard so far. The things that were changed the most about Mika during the betas were how much work she had to do to actually get the party started, but the up-close / knockdown game was always ridiculous once she got in. Unless they've also taken a chainsaw to Nadeshiko or fHP, that's still where we're at.

And if they go too far at nerfing SF5's Marvel character, I can just ditch this game for Marvel instead. :D

If it were me only the invulnerable DPs would get CC on recovery, but they probably did that for consistency's sake. New players wouldn't understand why they can CC a medium DP but not a light or heavy one.

In a way it's understandable. I think Ryu's light or heavy DP, like Guile's FK can't be thrown on wake up. So you're still forcing your opponent to guess. They don't have to respect every option you have even without meter. But I do agree with you that EX DP's should have CC property. I think if you blow the meter then that should earn you a little more than just invincibility. You'll still take a big punish, just not a CC on top of that.

Wallach

Bisons is different. Still has to charge, but can spend bar to cancel specials into each other.

Bison does not need to charge any special move that he cancels in VT, including specials canceled out of normals. He only needs charge in VT for raw specials.

remz

The throw and dp changes... It makes me feel like Juri was designed with them in mind. That's how her dp and throw are already.

Bisons is different. Still has to charge, but can spend bar to cancel specials into each other.

Oh right, my bad. He does need an initial charge for the first special. I haven't played Bison since like April. I did enjoy playing him though so hopefully he gets even more stuff. 3f is a good start!

Skab

Bison does not need to charge any special move that he cancels in VT, including specials canceled out of normals. He only needs charge in VT for raw specials.

Any non-ex special has to be charged in v trigger.

ALSO

‏@Sajam
Also I got to watch Momochi/Tokido test Ken/Akuma and Ken jump tatsu was actually anti airable!

Wallach

Any non-ex special has to be charged in v trigger.

Nope. Literally any form of cancel requires no charge, EX or not, including normal cancels. You can walk straight up to someone in VT and cancel cr.MP into a non-EX charge special.

Moaradin

@JWonggg
"Chun can do cr lk cr lk into legs into V TRIGGER CANCEL (WHAT) and continue the combo from there..."

EDIT: Beaten!

Wouldn't that scale the combo a ton? It gives her more options but doesn't seem like a super big buff or anything.

jett

D-Member
Capcom is gonna have to release the first-ever season pass where the publisher pays gamers to play their shit if these changes are final.

Hmm if all srk's, cept ex, indeed have no more invul, I kinda understand the harshness of mika's nerf.

I'm not that upset now anymore.

I need more Gief infoooooooo!

And I knew Mika would get big nerfs since that's who people have been complaining about the most ALL YEAR. Hopefully they give her something in return. Because it sounds like they did for Ryu and Chun and those two(as well as Ken and Necalli) are way more unbalanced than Mika IMO.
Glad Mika got nerfed, fuck that character.
Any word on Cammy buffs?
Lol..

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dhalsim sounds really strong now. That's a character that could go from mid to top tier real quick with a few changes.

kirblar

FUCKING CAPCPOM

THIS IS LIKE THE EIGHTIETH DAMN TIME IN A ROW WHERE THEY'VE NERFED CAMMY IN STREET FIGHTER! BULLSHIT

And now they probably buff the fuck outta Chun cuz of course they will
I mean, Cammy's been top tier in 3/4 of the last iterations so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom