• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

I would like to make a wishlist of nerfs and buffs but they'd all be biased as hell lol. Everyone thinks the character they main isn't as dumb as they actually are.

One big change I'd like to see universal though is make regular DP's not invincible except for EX's. The strength of having a DP in this game is a really big deal tbh. I think that's the way they started to go with the DLC characters with Guile/Juri's DP's only having invul on the ex version. I don't understand why the most oppressive characters in the game can dish out all the pain they want and can choose to not deal with it in return at any given point lol

So more trading dps and more reasons to jump in endlessly. Please no

Marvel

could never
All Ken players online only go for one thing and never try to do combos.

I'm obsessed with combo's, esp with Ken. lol it is known, so no you are incorrect.

I lose matches because I'm always desperate for highlight reels for my YT. It's kinda sad really haha, I should be focusing on good spacing and whiff punishes but I am overly aggressive seeking one hitconfirm.

Moaradin

20161108090847_1husq5.jpg

This is the best ranked streak I had since the game launched.

Of course I lost 1 game to this Rashid lol

I still don't understand the Ken hate. Maybe because it's Nash best MU. All Ken players online only go for one thing and never try to do combos.

Ken has a lot of busted moves. On paper his moveset isn't that crazy, but the risk-reward ratio for his attacks and the fact that some of his moves don't seem to function properly make him super annoying to fight against.

The early frames of his normal air tatsu having basically no hurtbox is a huge deal. His EX air tatsu juggling on air to air hit is massive. Being able to wake up ex dp and cancel it with v trigger into a full combo is crazy. Ken gets so much damage off of stray hits.

Moaradin

The post buff/nerf update on gaf might just be a bloodbath lol.

I don't think any character is gonna get gutted tbh. Some characters need minor adjustments like Ryu, Chun, and Mika, but nothing too crazy. They will try to bring up the lower tier characters more IMO.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After vanilla SF4 they brought down the overall damage of the game and since vanilla SFV has even higher damage, I could see this happening, too.

I don't think any character is gonna get gutted tbh. Some characters need minor adjustments like Ryu, Chun, and Mika, but nothing too crazy. They will try to bring up the lower tier characters more IMO.

That's what I'm hoping for but I hope they give the lower tier characters something substantial instead of like +10 damage on cr.LP or something like that. Change properties on attacks, adjust hit and hurtboxes, buff slower AA buttons across the board and get rid of st.LP etc

im gonna end up writing a buff/nerf wishlist today and I can feel it smh

Skilletor

More of this please, I'm taking notes on how to make funny jokes like this one.

I've got a simple algorithm I follow when talking about fighting game:

If in thread about X game
Make joke about X game being bad
Insinuate that Y game is better and also that people who play Y game are better in bed and have more money.

mbpm1

Buff idea: Give Guile air sonic boom

Reason: Guile already has Ky's power up fireball move, why not give him another

I've got a simple algorithm I follow when talking about fighting game:

If in thread about X game
Make joke about X game being bad
Insinuate that Y game is better and also that people who play Y game are better in bed and have more money.

It wasn't a joke about the game being bad, and if people get riled up over a stupid self-patronizing semi-joke, that's on them.

If you take the Xrd thing seriously, that's on you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom