• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the kens I play are bad. They would try to V-Skill in or Ex Tatsu. I have a 23/7 win against them in Rank in Gold.
I can show you a bit higher level play of Ken, not super good, but I ain’t v-skilling every second either ‘-(

lets’ do a few sets when the servers come back up.

LakeEarth

Maybe they'll finally fix 40006. Ah, who am I kidding?

Hilarious joke!

Seriously though, they have to fucking fix that soon. Having around 80% of the matches end in an error message (and another 30-40% or so having a second "cannot send to server" error a minute later) is such a bad look. It's embarrassing.

myco666

No more SFV today for me then. Really lame that the maintenance is always at this time and so long. Oh well maybe I can get something useful done for once.

I can show you a bit higher level play of Ken, not super good, but I ain’t v-skilling every second either ‘-(

lets’ do a few sets when the servers come back up.

Sorry to john this but I have to go to work in an hour and i'm setting up my DS4. Maybe in Sunday is when I'm off.

Annoyed by the maintenance? Wanted to get your grind on? Take it to training mode instead!

People don't use training mode enough or correctly in a lot of cases.

myco666

Pfft. Set dummy to block after first it, quick recovery and no stun and you are good to go. Easy.

Damn. I guess you have nothing else to learn then. Good job, cadet!

SFV still doesn't fucking save your training settings. It's going to drive me insane.

Edit: OR YOUR BATTLE SETTINGS.

myco666

SFV still doesn't fucking save your training settings. It's going to drive me insane.

That is really dumb indeed. Atleast it saves your recordings so you don't need to record all situations everytime you go to training.

HardRojo

This infuriates me and is probably the main reason I hardly go to training mode now. Back in UMvC3 and SF4 I'd spend hours and hours just messing around in training mode. SF5? Bar for a few times when I want to try frame advantage and wake-up options, I hardly go there.

myco666

So you can just mash jab to beat Birdies EX Bullhorn on wake up. Great stuff.

I am really having trouble understanding what hp.bullhead is for. Too slow startup so you can't use it in a combo and it is still punishable on block. Is it safe on block in certain distance?

So you can just mash jab to beat Birdies EX Bullhorn on wake up. Great stuff.

I am really having trouble understanding what hp.bullhead is for. Too slow startup so you can't use it in a combo and it is still punishable on block. Is it safe on block in certain distance?
Mainly for getting some more damage off of a CC st.hk. Also works as a pseudo frametrap after st.mp but it's very risky since it's still -5 (the regular version, VT one is much more punishable)

Just one of those things that's only useful in particular situations, like Dhalsim's heavy Yoga Gale.

Scotia

Banned
A 7-hour "maintenance" to add a single stage is absolutely ridiculous, btw.

But what if they're adding more than a stage?

apfxMc0.gif

I agree, it's ridiculous

Is the patch available for download?

EDIT: Is there even a patch?

EDIT2: Very different theme from Rashids but I really like it tbh. Works well as hype background music.

Onemic

This infuriates me and is probably the main reason I hardly go to training mode now. Back in UMvC3 and SF4 I'd spend hours and hours just messing around in training mode. SF5? Bar for a few times when I want to try frame advantage and wake-up options, I hardly go there.

Didnt SF4 not save your settings in training either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom