• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Masahiro Aoki is still doing music for this game. Most of the recent music has been by Fukasawa, and not very good.

All of my favourite music in this game was either done by Keiki Kobayashi (Dat F.A.N.G theme and that Lair of the Four Kings theme) or Masahiro Aoki.

To be fair, Fukasawa did a great job with Rashid's theme and the post-game result screen music which I think is terrific.

Akuma's SF4 theme is not a remix. For some reason the game uses his Ryu vs Akuma theme as his character theme when you set that flag in the options, though.

Akuma's actual SF4 theme is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTD3LhS7TXE
Gouken has the same issue, his actual theme is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sinVFTQGfuE

The reason for the weirdness is down to vanilla not having all characters having their own unique theme. Fei used Rufus' theme, as folks might recall. That was carried over to SSF4, but all characters got their own theme. But weirdly, this meant Akuma and Gouken had two versions of their theme - the theme of them fighting Ryu and their own theme. And for WHATEVER reason, DIMPS decided that their vs Ryu themes were their correct themes and their actual themes were not.
Right, you're correct. This is what I had in mind, but I got it all confused.

Yo, what? Akumas theme in 4 was the shit, and not a remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTD3LhS7TXE
Meh.

All of my favourite music in this game was either done by Keiki Kobayashi (Dat F.A.N.G theme and that Lair of the Four Kings theme) or Masahir Aoki.

To be fair, Fukasawa did a great job with Rashid's theme and the post-game result screen music which I think is terrific.

Yeah, he's got some good tracks. I'm not personally a huge fan of Rashid's theme other than the RASHIDOOOO part, but I'd put Balrog's theme up there with some of the best. But most of the low points on the soundtrack are his tracks.

F.A.N.G's theme might be my favorite new character theme in a SF game since Alpha 2.

I hope Masahiro Aoki is still doing music for this game. Most of the recent music has been by Fukasawa, and not very good.

They are both great composers though, the latter did hillside plaza, rashid and vega themes, and ofcourse most of (u)mvc3 and sf4. He also made decapre's theme in sf4 so I assume he did her banging remix for SF5 as well.

Then again he also did laura

They are both great composers though, the latter did hillside plaza, rashid and vega themes, and ofcourse most of (u)mvc3 and sf4. He also made decapre's theme in sf4 so I assume he did her banging remix for SF5 as well.

Then again he also did laura

Yeah, he's definitely got some good tracks in him, but one of the appealing things about the SFV soundtrack has been its variety, which it's been losing a bit with so many of the recent tracks being Fukasawa, and a similar style.

I wonder if Zac Zinger's going to do anymore, too. I think he's only done, what, 4 of them?

Zac Zinger did the City in Chaos stage, and Gief's theme.
Alex's theme was done by Kobayashi

He most likely had a decent role in SF5's story mode but other than that...

mooncakes

Feels like this game is going the League of Legends route in terms of patches. Making everything homogenize,which is not a bad thing. I kinda wish they went the Dota 2 route and buff characters and the things they are good at. Why not make every character good like the top tier characters?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like this game is going the League of Legends route in terms of patches. Making everything homogenize,which is that is a bad thing. I kinda wish they went the Dota 2 route and buff characters the things they are good at.
They specifically said that's what they're doing. Not sure how you arrived at your conclusion.

What we noticed in the 2016 season of Street Fighter V was that although each character has the tools to allow for a distinct experience, there were a few things, which were quite strong in general, resulting in players using them more than the unique attacks each character possesses.

We think that by reducing each character’s similarities, we can allow players to fully express themselves through their favorite characters, further providing the Street Fighter experience players have come to know and love.

Overall, we think the changes made will result in a rich, diverse experience per character that both players and spectators will enjoy.

Feels like this game is going the League of Legends route in terms of patches. Making everything homogenize,which is that is a bad thing. I kinda wish they went the Dota 2 route and buff characters the things they are good at.
I have no idea how you're getting that feeling.

Combofiend straight up said that too many players and characters were doing the same things in regards to AA jabs and throw pressure among other things which is counter productive to their vision for the game.

And heck, just take Dhalsim for instance. They buffed his zoning potential considerably to the point where he's arguably the best zoner in the game, but they also made his offense slightly worse too by making the j.hp slower. And his defense is still just as bad.

Honestly, if the balance patch delivers then the characters in this game will have incredibly diversity in the ways that they can be played.

mbpm1

Well combofiend says that, but the notes he gave us in that description don't actually seem improve uniqueness much. We'll have to wait til the 20th to know

stn

So Akuma can't throw backwards air fireballs when not in V-trigger, right? Still, it looks like he's going to have good meaty options off tatsu-sweep and demon flips off of CC sweep. That demon chop looks good as throw bait, too, and doesn't seem punishable.

Skilletor

I have no idea how you're getting that feeling.

Combofiend straight up said that too many players and characters were doing the same things in regards to AA jabs and throw pressure among other things which is counter productive to their vision for the game.

And heck, just take Dhalsim for instance. They buffed his zoning potential considerably to the point where he's arguably the best zoner in the game, but they also made his offense slightly worse too by making the j.hp slower. And his defense is still just as bad.

Honestly, if the balance patch delivers then the characters in this game will have incredibly diversity in the ways that they can be played.

Yeah, it's really weird. I've been seeing people complain about how many of the same situations repeat themselves, talk about how stupid the "throw loop" is, complain that the people with invincible reversals have a huge advantage over the rest of the cast.

FGC will never be happy. Saw it repeatedly throughout the betas and, well, pretty much any time it comes to balance in a fighter.

Mizerman

Hey, what's the deal with people complaining?

Untitled-11_aa89fc12067e3c2d063a4e6b1896c3eag.jpg

I now have 0 motivation to play this game right now. I pick FANG and in just one round, used my jab as an AA twice and followed up a backthrow with oki, things I'm probably not gonna be able to do with the new patch so I don't want to further reinforce habits which I know I'm gonna have to change.

mbpm1

I now have 0 motivation to play this game right now. I pick FANG and in just one round, used my jab as an AA twice and followed up a backthrow with oki, things I'm probably not gonna be able to do with the new patch so I don't want to further reinforce habits which I know I'm gonna have to change.

That's what i'm saying man

yeah I think I am just gonna do the quests for now

speaking of which, how do I do the current one for 5k?

If it's the one I think it is you have to knock down your opponent multiple times until the bear sits down in the underground arena stage. Works vs. AI.

This game is so infuriating, I lost 600LP losing to people ranked below me, then fought and beat a Gold Cammy who rage quit.

Also, having just used my 10-year-old HRAP2 on my PS3, I have realised my new stick just doesn't feel right in comparison.
I'm using a Venom stick modded with Sanwa parts but it just feels a bit too 'loose' and not precise enough, and I've had the buttons disconnect mid-match before which is obviously a nightmare.

meerak

omg Ono's daughter..

I'm so sad to hear that. Sad for anybody I know, and of course I don't know Ono personally but he is just such a cheerful, happy-looking guy... :( I wish him the best, what little that means on this forum.. What a depressing post though. If only this would inspire people to be 1% nicer to the Capcom dev team. You know, them being human beings and all.

Internet never ceases to amaze me. Ignoring how utterly wrong everybody was about tiers/balance etc within the first few months, we now have people pulling the same 1 day science just based on impressions of changes. Game is busted! F this game! I'm out! Everything ruined!

Had my greatest day yet. Went from 1500 LP to 1800 LP (my closest to silver!) after bopping this foolish Gold Ryu. Maybe someone who is a high level (or higher level than me) can explain why people online play so stupidly? I don't mean this to be rude but 99% of the time I play someone who is twice my rank they try to just straight gimmick me. This works long enough to win them 1 match (at best), then I get the runback, 2-1. They wasted what precious time they could have used learning to try to just squeeze out some cheap victories (which by the by, net them like 10-30 lp). As a Vega, it's very obvious to me people have low matchup knowledge against me. Why not try to solve that problem? Why is this lazy attitude so prevalent? When I play against a rookie I give them the benefit of the doubt first. Two weeks ago I literally perfected a gold Urien who just didn't understand that his gimmicks were too obvious. Had he used some fundamentals, probably would not be the case. eh... rant over..

mbpm1

Apparently Necalli is barely changed in the PSX version aside from the universal throw/damage/dp nerfs.

Might not need to move from him much after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom