• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Aside from letting HyperX employees play with Daigo, what's even the point of this. There's literally a Guile trying to crossup with j.mk (which is not a crossup) and did like 3 sweeps in 3 seconds.
Fucking Grasshopper Manufacture.

I guess it's like an office party with a celebrity guest.

So boring, random characters should be more interesting.

Hehe Daigo's been playing random for a while now in fact! Earlier they made him only use jabs and shorts. Still on an undefeated 20-wins streak, of course. :p

FluxWaveZ

Does a screen freeze eat inputs in this game? I have such a hard time doing a combo when I, for example, cross up a Ryu during super animation.

Yes. It's why you can eat the input of Guile's EX somersault by activating V-Trigger when he wakes up, enabling you to pressure him freely.

Aesthet1c

So I haven't played this game in months, but I thought I'd load it up and get back into it today. After the 1.03 update I'm greeted with a message that there was suspicious activity on my account and further wrongful doing will result in suspension. They also wiped all the FM I had. Wtf happened.. should I be concerned abouy my account? It's on PC and through Steam.

So I haven't played this game in months, but I thought I'd load it up and get back into it today. After the 1.03 update I'm greeted with a message that there was suspicious activity on my account and further wrongful doing will result in suspension. They also wiped all the FM I had. Wtf happened.. should I be concerned abouy my account? It's on PC and through Steam.

Did you use a trainer/mod to clear through survival mode in 1 round or something and get "free" FM?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

ElFly

Health gen was already really slow in season 1, and that never stopped Gief players from using V-skill.

Have you ever tried to actively let your white life regen in a real fight as Gief? If your opponent doesn't run away for a good 10 seconds, it's basically impossible.

So, this change really won't do as much to affect Gief's V-skill as you all think...because, honestly, Giefs already had no intention of regaining that life in Season 1. It's a write off in exchange for a parry.

actually tested this and it's really not that bad for Zangief currently; if Ryu starts with a f+HP, it does 90 damage. you can recover like 70 of those by the time you SPD'd Ryu if he doesn't stand up quickly or you keep the pressure.

if you flex the F+HP and the comboing shoryuken that follows (requires some timing) it will do 216 damage and yeah, you will only recover around less than half before Ryu gets a turn again, but it isn't that bad. most of the time you are trying to Flex one or two hits or a fireball

with the change, Zangief would barely recover 10 or 20 points by the time Ryu can recover the offensive

I do not deny that Zangief has to be willing to trade some health for advantage currently, but normally he can recover most; with such a change the trade solidifies in Zangief's disfavor, it is clearly a nerf.

JayEH

If you do the special input for akuma's classic costume he takes off the top part of his gi. Can we call him Hot Akuma now?

If you do the special input for akuma's classic costume he takes off the top part of his gi. Can we call him Hot Akuma now?

He's always been hot.

Seriously excited for him. I put so much time into Urien but mannnn just reading about Akuma is making me salivate. I want to be done with this charge bullshit!

Gren

Awesome. Ever since XvSF I thought that should've been his default look. Helps him stand out even more from the others.

Bought the season 2 pass. Now we wait. Still need to buy the season 1 pass since I decided to just save my FM on stages and story costumes.

Juri's theme can't possibly be dubstep. Dubstep samples didn't come with the 2002 versions of Fruity Loops.

tumblr_o8645pdtNw1t0xyebo1_500.gif

HardRojo

We're having a SFV freeplay and small tournament tomorrow at a local bar I visit often. Hopefully I'll do decently and it'll be good to see some of the people from the community that I haven't seen in a while. This is in Lima, Peru in case anyone's wondering.

Regardin Akuma's theme: I like it somewhat, but they should've gone with Killing Moon or at least some kind of mix between both themes, like Ryu's Story mode theme.

I figured they'd go with a remix of the classic theme, but I was hoping for something a little closer to this:

https://youtu.be/Smq039eZYQE

Maybe something in the style of the Apprentice Alley themes...

His theme's not horrible, though. Probably not even bottom 5 character themes in this game, but it's not great, either.

jett

D-Member
We're having a SFV freeplay and small tournament tomorrow at a local bar I visit often. Hopefully I'll do decently and it'll be good to see some of the people from the community that I haven't seen in a while. This is in Lima, Peru in case anyone's wondering.

Regardin Akuma's theme: I like it somewhat, but they should've gone with Killing Moon or at least some kind of mix between both themes, like Ryu's Story mode theme.

Hey that's cool, maybe I'll swing by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom