• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

Ucchedavāda;226066246 said:
Look, just because I am sitting here on my IKEA™ Röllepölle chair, in front of my IKEA™ Börgspörk desk, illuminated by my IKEA™ Spönglepök lamp (fitted with environmentally responsible IKEA™ Börkbörk LED lights), telling you of these excellent IKEA™ products for all your gaming needs, it does not mean that I am being paid by them! Really. Why are people so paranoid?

How much time did it take to assemble all of them yourself?

Akuma's English voice sounds different from the hyper-gruff growl that Dave Mallow gave him in SFIV and SFxT. Did Mallow get replaced, or did he just decide to use a new voice?

JayEH

Interesting. that's the first time they've replaced someone in the cast so far. Sounds a lot better for sure.
But I'm setting him to Japanese as you should.

Village

Interesting. that's the first time they've replaced someone in the cast so far. Sounds a lot better for sure.
But I'm setting him to Japanese as you should.

Why, outside of Ibuki's horrid Cat shrills, the english cast is good at their job.

JayEH

Why, outside of Ibuki's horrid Cat shrills, the english cast is good at their job.

i do think the english cast sounds good. massive improvement over their voice work in IV but hearing Ryu or Akuma in english ain't right to me.

Neoxon

i do think the english cast sounds good. massive improvement over their voice work in IV but hearing Ryu or Akuma in english ain't right to me.
I feel like Kyle Hebert was at his best in Smash 4, but you can notice the improvement over the years whenever he does new dialogue as Ryu.

Kashiwaba

Things are going my way and the internet disconnects haha. Your YOLO Rashid is weird. I can only keep up with that playstyle with Karin.

gg

Ggs you started figuring my Rashid out lol after few rounds thanks for the games i probably should go sleep but we should play again later :)

JayEH

I feel like Kyle Hebert was at his best in Smash 4, but you can notice the improvement over the years whenever he does new dialogue as Ryu.

Yeah I didn't like his Ryu in IV very much at all, V it's very good (haven't bought ryu in smash unfortunately). Like I said I do think the english cast is good I don't have a problem with but it's just a few characters that I prefer in japanese given their nature and history (mostly the shotos and a couple others).

We're having a SFV freeplay and small tournament tomorrow at a local bar I visit often. Hopefully I'll do decently and it'll be good to see some of the people from the community that I haven't seen in a while. This is in Lima, Peru in case anyone's wondering.

Regardin Akuma's theme: I like it somewhat, but they should've gone with Killing Moon or at least some kind of mix between both themes, like Ryu's Story mode theme.

Aw shucks, exam week is a bitch, hopefully something similar will happen soon.

mbpm1

Is this guy well known in the community? I thought he seemed familiar at psx.

One of the best American Akumas I think in SF4.

Since you didn't know him that speaks to how good non JP Akumas generally turned up in that game lol

Zackat

Does the guy posting this video realize he is Rob Ferguson's twin? Like holy shit...

oh good you liked those avatars I made after that dude stole yours. cool.

Screw it. Let's give all the chracters codes to take their clothes off!

tumblr_mn2ihif4dp1srb4uqo1_400.gif

mbpm1

From the fourwude footage it looks like akuma is more of a jack of all trades than anything else.

Doesn't have the damage of Ryu, doesn't have the rushdown of ken. Eats damage like anything. Buttons are good at specific purposes but not so much more amazing against someone like Karin or chun.

All fireballs seem good though.

Judging from that 20 min video of Akumer post earlier by Qvoth, I've come to two conclusions.

The PSX build is probably not the final build.

CCs tend to give variable meter. Just saw a Chun-Li do a CC sweep and she got the same V-meter as always while a report for Bison seems to indicate he gets more V-meter from a CC than before.

Akuma's st.hp seems to have a different animation when it's blocked. Guess that feature is making it's way back!

EDIT: Alex's CC I think actually gave LESS V-meter than before.

EDIT2: Karin's V-skill gives less V-meter than before.

mbpm1

A small list of overall changes for Season 2 as found by LPN (definitely not conclusive but it might have some info you didn't know)

Things I picked out:

-They actually gave cammy's air throw back to her (don't know if that compensates for the dive kick nerfs)

-Juri's dp is punches now. Not sure why but whatever.

-Juri's st. mp pushes back less apparently. Would be a increase to her upclose pressure then.

-Necalli's command throw is kicks now. No more execution errors with charge slash or dp or w/e for baddies like me.

-Necalli's charge slash has projectile armor frame one. Meaty fireballs are easier to get through I guess.

-Guile with 2 bar VT. Whoa

-They removed Guile's boom loops via a change to how his c.r mp works. LAME

-Guile's st. hp is no longer a crush counter....LAME.

-Guile's cr. fierce IS a crush counter...yoooo.

-Overall that means Guile can't fish for meaty st. hp anymore. Cr. Hp is more unsafe to actually do that with I think so that element isn't as scary. But on the plus side trade AAs with Cr. hp will be good news now, he'll probably at least be able to flash kick after if not get the full down forward kick + flash kick combo.

-Gief's st. lk apparently "vacuums" opponents in allowing for easier lariat combos. Hm.

-Nash got worse frames on his moonsault, worse spacing frames on his dashes and more recovery on v-trigger. Not necessary, ouch.

-In addition to the R. mika stuff we know they also changed her slide in a way I can't make out from the wording of the document. Brimstone command grab also has more recovery, probably so she won't just be able to cmd grab dash cmd grab dash forever.

-Urien got some nice stuff. Cr. mk is +1 for him so now his low from half-screen leads to added pressure too. Cr. mp went from being 0 to +1 as well so his pressure will likely be tougher to escape.

DR2K

Banned
Glad Cammy got her air throw and Juri st MP might be decent at pressure

I wonder if Cammys dive kicks from hooligan got the same nerfs?

So the potential for entertaining Guile corner combos has been eliminated? I hope not, because its one of the coolest things to see in tournament streams.
Shirtless Akuma looks pretty good too. I have high hopes for skirt-less Xmas Laura.

Y'know, earlier someone brought up the possibility of Cannon Spike's Simone being one of the five new characters for Season 2, and I must say that I've grown extremely fond of that idea.

The potential for a creative moveset involving both her sword and gun is sky-high imo. Plus, I've been yearning for a character who fights in roller skates ever since Yang let me down on that front so I can foresee some super cool mobility options for Simone should she make it in.

Y'know, earlier someone brought up the possibility of Cannon Spike's Simone being one of the five new characters for Season 2, and I must say that I've grown extremely fond of that idea.

The potential for a creative moveset involving both her sword and gun is sky-high imo. Plus, I've been yearning for a character who fights in roller skates ever since Yang let me down on that front so I can foresee some super cool mobility options for Simone should she make it in.

God I hope they change that costume cause it looks horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom