• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

So, does buying a season pass get you the equivalent fight money if you've already unlocked the characters? I might be able to get enough fight money for Akuma, but I don't see myself being able to keep up if I have to get 100K every month or so with the few tolerable activities I have left to do.
Not sure, I usually just get the Season Pass ASAP & have that be the end of it for the remainder of the year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
why should the season pass refund you fight money?
If you have spent Fight Money to get parts of the season pass and then not get it back if you buy it with real money eventually, you're basically getting a worse deal. It's off-putting to get it at that point and they should do something about it.

SUPARSTARX

Mika dead.
Guile nerfed as fuck.

Capcom Japan making sure Du never wins anything ever again.
God forbid a character has to actually work to put their opponents into the corner and not have the edge of the screen do it for them anywhere on the stage. Lol.

R. Mika will still body people in the corner.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
why should the season pass refund you fight money? unless im reading this wrong

Yeah, I mean, it would be nice, but I doubt there's any other game economy out there that works that way. You either buy it all in a package at a discount or buy it piecemeal. If you're leaning strongly towards a season pass, don't buy Akuma with FM.

Neoxon

Just to play it safe, don't use FM to get Akuma if you intend on getting the Season Pass. That's what I typically do, & said FM usually goes towards the new stages.

JayEH

Well if I spend FM to buy a character then decide to pay for the character through the season pass, I literally wasted FM.

If you have spent Fight Money to get parts of the season pass and then not get it back if you buy it with real money eventually, you're basically getting a worse deal. It's off-putting to get it at that point and they should do something about it.

this is the case with all season passes for any game. PSN won't refund me if I changed my mind later on.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

so people are not discouraged from spending real money on the season pass if they already spent some fake money on one or two characters

This makes sense in terms of optimizing purchase incentives, but I don't see the devs of this game being in a place to implement a complex set of conditionals on FM/real money purchase interactions.

They really should specify that they don't offer FM refunds for characters that you already own. Not that there are a lot of people making that mistake but it would be nice for the few that get affected by it, thinking it would work out.

Anybody want to play? trying to get better

id is shadowkhan

twitch.tv/shadowkhan

ill be streaming all day pls somebody come help me get better lol

JayEH

This is why season passes are both good and bad. You're saving money in the end but it encourages spending a lot of money upfront for things you might not know you want. Ideally you'd get prorated but nobody is doing this right now so I wouldn't expect Capcom to be the pioneers.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
this is the case with all season passes for any game. PSN won't refund me if I changed my mind later on.
What? How many games are there where you can even buy real money DLC with ingame currency? If anything those are f2p games and they don't have season passes.
I'm not asking for real money back, I'm asking to get the Fight Money.

This makes sense in terms of optimizing purchase incentives, but I don't see the devs of this game being in a place to implement a complex set of conditionals on FM/real money purchase interactions.
This isn't that hard. I'm sure they log all purchases.

JayEH

What? How many games are there where you can even buy real money DLC with ingame currency? If anything those are f2p games and they don't have season passes.
I'm not asking for real money back, I'm asking to get the Fight Money.

Yes but FM has real world value. What's the difference between someone spending the $6 for akuma then wanting to buy the season pass and someone spending 100K FM wanting to do the same?

Yes but FM has real world value. What's the difference between someone spending the $6 for akuma then wanting to buy the season pass and someone spending 100K FM wanting to do the same?
Purchasing the season pass/character means that you don't have to spend the 100k FM.

Because doing a refund for FM is a hell of a lot easier than doing a refund for real money.

galvatron

Yeah, I mean, it would be nice, but I doubt there's any other game economy out there that works that way. You either buy it all in a package at a discount or buy it piecemeal. If you're leaning strongly towards a season pass, don't buy Akuma with FM.

Most games I've seen with micro transactions have real money purchases for in-game currency and then you buy whatever you want with the in-game currency. Most of those are more of the pay-to-win variety, though...

Not a big deal for me since we're in between seasons and I have all of season 1 that I care about, but it seems simpler for everyone if you just got the FM equivalent of all the content for $30 and applied it as you liked.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well in that hypothetical scenario that person could buy everything else they want piecemeal, too and safe money. But SFV only has the whole thing as one package. And you can't buy FM either.

JayEH

Well I'm not familiar with other games with similar systems like this honestly. To me it just doesn't make sense to do FM refunds and it never even occurred to me others expected it until now. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad if there were easier and more ways to get FM. 100K is a big investment so I understand how it sucks losing it. Just need those extra battle and arcade mode announcements so we can hopefully have more sources of FM...

Season passes are for an overall discount, not for a discount after you've already piecemeal bought items, there's no pass that works that way.

Buying the char with money or FM makes no difference, it's a refund for something that doesn't offer refunds in that form anyway

ElFly

I don't think it is that hard?

they _must_ have a record of what was bought with FMoney, and once the game detects the season pass the server grants you some FMoney back? it doesn't even have to be 100% of the FMoney either

hell, they could even give FMoney to people if they buy a character piecemeal with real money, and then the season pass, tho this prolly makes less sense

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so you can buy characters piecemeal with real money? I guess I take it back if that's possible. I've only ever checked the Steam and PSN store and they don't list them separately.

But with how it is now it's more like buying the same thing twice, but only getting it once. It's not like I get a Juri code instead and can give it away or anything.

Why do they refuse to give Ryu the mule kick in SF but keep giving it to him in vs. games?

This is my main gripe. He was fine with it in SF3 really tired of seeing it only come up in VS games. Wonder if they don't want him to have wall bounce/reset options like he did in SF3.

Neoxon

Fun Fact: Gouken was also recast in Street Fighter V, now being voiced by Keith Silverstein (who some of you might know as Speedwagon or Torbjörn).

Ryce

Has there been any word on the availability of Akuma's stage? I'm wondering if I'll need to buy it separately from the season pass. It hasn't been mentioned in any of the press materials.

Has there been any word on the availability of Akuma's stage? I'm wondering if I'll need to buy it separately from the season pass. It hasn't been mentioned in any of the press materials.
90% chance that you'll have to purchase the stage with FM.

Fun Fact: Gouken was also recast in Street Fighter V, now being voiced by Keith Silverstein (who some of you might know as Speedwagon or Torbjörn).
ooh, that's cool.

ElFly

90% chance that you'll have to purchase the stage with FM.

ooh, that's cool.

yeah I think that's the reason to name it character pass

they released several stages and costumes and stuff that wasn't covered in the season pass

I mean, sure, they were clear what the season pass covered, but still better be extra clear

Boxers stage had to be bought with FM or RM even if you had the season pass. Guile's was given as a freebie because of the Zenny issues otherwise it would have cost us FM/RM.

I would assume they are going to keep that trend with Akuma's stage and any other going forward.

Endo Punk

Buying stuff with fight money is satisfying. You're rewarded for playing the game. Ive got 300k and will definitely continue to earn fight money to buy every character.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't think it is that hard?

they _must_ have a record of what was bought with FMoney, and once the game detects the season pass the server grants you some FMoney back? it doesn't even have to be 100% of the FMoney either

hell, they could even give FMoney to people if they buy a character piecemeal with real money, and then the season pass, tho this prolly makes less sense

I agree that as a computing problem it is not complicated. I used the word complex in an earlier post, and I shouldn't have because for a programmer it's basic stuff. But think of all the things the programmers need to do for this game that they still haven't. I don't see them allocating bandwidth to this problem unless they have data that suggest they are missing out on a lot of season pass purchases due to people who buy a character or two with FM.

JayEH

Wait, so you can buy characters piecemeal with real money? I guess I take it back if that's possible. I've only ever checked the Steam and PSN store and they don't list them separately.

But with how it is now it's more like buying the same thing twice, but only getting it once. It's not like I get a Juri code instead and can give it away or anything.

yes, they don't surface anything besides the dlc bundles on the store fronts. everything else is in the in game shop.

OH GOD YES

tumblr_nopqo7dpSL1tjrgk5o1_540.gif

I am loving the fact they are bringing on JoJo's English VO into SF5. It's totally appropriate and I hope to see much more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom