• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

meerak

All we know is that the first character, Akuma The Lion, releases on 20th Dec. Still no mention of when the rest of the characters will drop though.

Has anyone watched the recent Akuma video by Maximillian Dood? Sorry dunno his real name, but that is the channel. Not sure how reputable he is, but..

In his direct feed Akuma video Max states a few things about release timing, either by accident or on purpose:

- The patch will be live with Akuma on the 20th
- Nostalgia costumes for other characters will also launch with Akuma

Don't take my word for it, just watch the video. He talks about this early on. Maybe I misheard but I felt like that's how he worded it.

Has anyone watched the recent Akuma video by Maximillian Dood? Sorry dunno his real name, but that is the channel. Not sure how reputable he is, but..

In his direct feed Akuma video Max states a few things about release timing, either by accident or on purpose:

Don't take my word for it, just watch the video. He talks about this early on. Maybe I misheard but I felt like that's how he worded it.
The patch is definitely coming on the 20th since all the evidence seems to indicate that's when the 2017 season starts for the game's release schedule.

I also thought that the other nostalgia costumes were coming but the announcement on the capcom unity blog only mentioned Akuma's nostalgia costume which we've already seen. So I don't think that's accurate.

FluxWaveZ

You should read this: http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...ter-of-the-fist-is-coming-to-street-fighter-v

Edit: Oh wait, other nostalgia costumes as well? Ah, sorry, I guess that hasn't been specified. Pretty sure they mentioned officially that the patch will be live on the 20th, though.

If you watch his restream of PSX on Twitch, then you'll see that he got that information by reading the blog-post FluxWaveZ is linking you to. I think he simply misunderstood the statement about the costumes, since that is how he paraphrased it while reading that part of the blog-post on stream, IIRC. The release-date of the patch is likely speculation on his part, but it also seems obvious that this is when they would do it.

meerak

The patch is definitely coming on the 20th since all the evidence seems to indicate that's when the 2017 season starts for the game's release schedule.

I also thought that the other nostalgia costumes were coming but the announcement on the capcom unity blog only mentioned Akuma's nostalgia costume which we've already seen. So I don't think that's accurate.

You should read this: http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...ter-of-the-fist-is-coming-to-street-fighter-v

Edit: Oh wait, other nostalgia costumes as well? Ah, sorry, I guess that hasn't been specified. Pretty sure they mentioned officially that the patch will be live on the 20th, though.

Hey Flux / Lucebuce, I did read that post previously - you're right in that the wording is pretty specific about Akuma's nostalgia stuff coming with Holiday content, but no other mention of nostalgia costumes. So they definitely may NOT come on the 20th, but Max does mention them (I'll rewatch the video just now and make sure I heard that right). BRB!

Edit: Ah ok! Thank you @Ucchedavada! my bad, sorry for the confusion. So no dice on those other nostalgia costumes I guess. The patch landing with Akuma seems like a given, for sure.

Scotia

Banned
With Akuma's nostalgic costume releasing with him on the 20th, I hope they release Alex and Ibuki's as well. Feels like it's been forever since they revealed them.

With Akuma's nostalgic costume releasing with him on the 20th, I hope they release Alex and Ibuki's as well. Feels like it's been forever since they revealed them.
It feels like forever cause they announced it in July lol. It's been almost 5 months since then.

Scotia

Banned
It feels like forever cause they announced it in July lol. It's been almost 5 months since then.

Fuck, didn't realise they were revealed back in July.

negativeman.png

Capcom pls

YES, finally hit Gold! So damn happy right now.

This game is so up and down. Yesterday I had a huge losing streak, lost over 800LP, was so disheartened I was considering giving up for good and moving onto other games.

Today I just went on a 14 win streak and hit Gold, crazy. My hands were trembling before the league-up match. Stopped there, but maybe I can continue my streak tomorrow.

I seem to play much much better when I'm in a good mood, and much worse when I'm in a bad mood. Anyone else the same?

Neoxon

OH GOD YES

tumblr_nopqo7dpSL1tjrgk5o1_540.gif

I am loving the fact they are bringing on JoJo's English VO into SF5. It's totally appropriate and I hope to see much more of this.
We're already seeing it with Akuma, now being voiced by Richard Epcar (Old Joseph Joestar), even though he was previously voiced by fellow JoJo VA Dave Mallow (Straits/Straitzo). Hell, Ryu's voiced by Kakyoin & Vega's voiced by Polnareff.

Fun Fact: Richard Epcar is no stranger to the Street Fighter universe. He previously voiced E. Honda in the SFII animated movie.

FluxWaveZ

I seem to play much much better when I'm in a good mood, and much worse when I'm in a bad mood. Anyone else the same?

Of course, mood and overall emotional/mental state plays a very significant factor in how I perform. I've been telling myself constantly recently that the moment I lose patience, the match is already lost. I perform so much better when I'm not frustrated or stressed, so I've been trying to control that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom