• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

She doesnt really match up with any of the silhouettes. But lets say she in, she has some unique tools compared to the SFV cast. But like Karin they'd probably be removed lol

Also, I thought she was just in SFA3 Max on PSP, and Capcom Fighting Evolution. She definitely wasn't in the Dreamcast or PS2 versions of Upper. Anyway, I'm gonna take Capcom for their word until proven otherwise, but...that silhouette is creepily close, the more I look at it.

Just threw this together so you all can see why I would think these thoughts:

FWLKZe3.jpg

I don't wanna be right, though.

Unless, again, they've got really good gameplay ideas for her. And story, too, because as is, she doesn't fit into SF's universe very well.

JayEH

FWLKZe3.jpg

Unless, again, they've got really good gameplay ideas for her. And story, too, because as is, she doesn't fit into SF's universe very well.

I saw someone else suggest her. I'm on the Ingrid Hype Train now.

I saw someone else suggest her. I'm on the Ingrid Hype Train now.

I haaaaaaaated her in Capcom Fighting Evolution...but Capcom's done a pretty solid job with their reimaginings in this game, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if it is, in fact, Ingrid.

I'm sure she'll be fun to play, but man if I don't hate her look and her story.

And man if I don't hate my girlfriend going to bed early. I can't practice shit when she's in the same room and I can't move my shit out of the room either :mad:

Just how quiet are those quiet sticks?

Pompadour

I don't know why we are putting stock into the silhouettes. When S1 got datamined and they released the silhouettes but hadn't yet revealed who they were officially, people paired names to silhouettes to prove the datamining was accurate and people still got some of the silhouettes wrong. And they had a 1 in 6 chance.

histopher

I don't know why we are putting stock into the silhouettes. When S1 got datamined and they released the silhouettes but hadn't yet revealed who they were officially, people paired names to silhouettes to prove the datamining was accurate and people still got some of the silhouettes wrong. And they had a 1 in 6 chance.

Yeah the silhouettes are rubbish. Barely resemble the real characters.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's probably late for theory fighter but I was thinking, with how the new gray life regen works they could rework Fang's poison mechanic. If his specials poisoned you they way they currently do but made v skill poison take away gray life specifically, it could make for an interesting situational meta.

Sigmaah

The dp change got me so damn hype.

Like yes, you get to deal with my endless pressure now. No more free reversal for you.

Now I know when I see that meter, bait ur shit and BAM.

I always felt that uriens j.lk should cross up cause it just looks like it does. Now it's a reality.

Damn if the vega changes are too negative Ima have to rock Akuma/Urien. Was gonna do Akuma/Vega but no sort of reversal and I heard his 3f is now 4f?

Rip to my beloved character.

Ryce

The “hair” in the yellow box is part of the background, and the blue box doesn’t match up — Ingrid has long hair and the silhouette has a bob haircut. Also, the top of the silhouette’s head is a fuzzy texture, so it’s clearly supposed to be some kind of furry hat. I’m thinking it’s a slightly redesigned Kolin or a brand new Eskimo character.

leroidys

FWLKZe3.jpg

I don't know, what would be her hair clasp looks too furry in the silhouette.

So they pushing him to top tier season 2, he's currently a well balance character with enough tools, yet my main Zangief still in trash tier.... :(

Snake Eyes has been streaming recently(which he hasn't for months) and dropping hints that we're in store for some good stuff. So I'm hoping there's a lot more we haven't seen yet and remain optimistic for S2!
plz Capcom

Also, Du has said his CPT costume will be for Guile. Victory!

Xeteh

Holy shit. First time I played ranked online in several months... I lose the first set 2-1 and we rematch. I take it 1-0, get the lead again in the second round and ....

Disconnect.

Zackat

Holy shit. First time I played ranked online in several months... I lose the first set 2-1 and we rematch. I take it 1-0, get the lead again in the second round and ....

Disconnect.
It doesn't happen often but it gives me great satisfaction to know I made someone that angry.

The main stream plus all the restreams totaled 137k during the actual tournament and hit 140k a few minutes after it ended. Strangely, this is the second time I've seen something like this happen. During EVO 2015 USF4 hit 248k during the GF but hit 254k a minute or two after it ended. But anyways this beats last years numbers which were 135k for all the combined streams.

As for the ESPN numbers, I think they're in line with expectations. CapCup was never going to match EVO. The fact that it wasn't live and went head to head with heavy hitters only makes it even harder to gain more viewers. If it were possible for Capcom to take place next week with no prime time college football games and be shown live I think it would hit at least 150k+. Basically I don't think it's time to panic now.

I think SFV at EVO will return to ESPN2 next year. But if it does something like 120k then yeah it's time to panic lol.

mooncakes

I'm not sure you guys notice this but they seem to gave Ibuki close HK launcher for Akuma v-skill out of all character. Capcom Plz

Anybody have any problems logging in right now? I just got booted like 3 times in a row, and now it doesn't even finish logging in before I get booted again.

Anybody have any problems logging in right now? I just got booted like 3 times in a row, and now it doesn't even finish logging in before I get booted again.

Yes, but it is a daily occurrence here for me in Australia. For a few hours after 7:30pm every night, the game disconnects me regularly - or just wont let me log in at all.

Hi Guys.

Havn't played in a while (maybe 3 months) but as im finishing up Dishonoured 2 and feeling mostly done with titanfall 2 im thinking of reinstalling this on my PC and trying out season 2 as it arrives.

But I got a few questions:
Hows the player base these days? about the same?
How long is it taking to find a match normally (in UK and i was silver rank)?
Hows the disconnecting problem now?

I still need to decide if playing a game that can make me legit angry is something I want to get back into but its also a really damn good game.

Hi Guys.

Havn't played in a while (maybe 3 months) but as im finishing up Dishonoured 2 and feeling mostly done with titanfall 2 im thinking of reinstalling this on my PC and trying out season 2 as it arrives.

But I got a few questions:
Hows the player base these days? about the same?
How long is it taking to find a match normally (in UK and i was silver rank)?
Hows the disconnecting problem now?

I still need to decide if playing a game that can make me legit angry is something I want to get back into but its also a really damn good game.
If you last played 3 months ago, then you should be fine. Player base is still pretty much the same, though the recent Capcom Cup and the imminent release of S2 and Akuma will probably give it a good boost.

Again, if you last played 3 months ago then it should be around the same. Sadly loading times are also about the same.

The disconnecting situation, again, is pretty much the same. 3 disconnects leads to a person being banned from matchmaking for 24 hours and docked 1000 LP.

My PERSONAL suggestion would be to wait for S2 which is coming on 20th December since it changes up quite a lot of things in terms of how the game plays. But still, you can start up now if you want.

If you last played 3 months ago, then you should be fine. Player base is still pretty much the same, though the recent Capcom Cup and the imminent release of S2 and Akuma will probably give it a good boost.

Again, if you last played 3 months ago then it should be around the same. Sadly loading times are also about the same.

The disconnecting situation, again, is pretty much the same. 3 disconnects leads to a person being banned from matchmaking for 24 hours and docked 1000 LP.

My PERSONAL suggestion would be to wait for S2 which is coming on 20th December since it changes up quite a lot of things in terms of how the game plays. But still, you can start up now if you want.

Cool thanks for the update. At least I will know what to expect lol.

I did read some of the changes being made which seem interesting. I normally play guile and Laura. Guiles changes are a mixed bag and Laura looks better so thats nice. Poor Mika though lol. I think they went over kill on her (I agree with no irish whip mid screen bounce but not choosing the direction seems harsh.

Oh did they fix that security issue on PC version. I uninstalled it when that happened. Not sure if it would be worth waiting for a sale and getting it all again on my PS4 Pro. My PC is only an Alienware Alpha so it runs about the same as on OG PS4.

Cool thanks for the update. At least I will know what to expect lol.

I did read some of the changes being made which seem interesting. I normally play guile and Laura. Guiles changes are a mixed bag and Laura looks better so thats nice. Poor Mika though lol. I think they went over kill on her (I agree with no irish whip mid screen bounce but not choosing the direction seems harsh.

Oh did they fix that security issue on PC version. I uninstalled it when that happened. Not sure if it would be worth waiting for a sale and getting it all again on my PS4 Pro. My PC is only an Alienware Alpha so it runs about the same as on OG PS4.
She CAN change sides, there's even a video of the PSX build where she does just that.

And yes, they removed the rootkit like a day after it came out and the PC version is perfectly safe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom