• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question.

Its the spread of ranking any better than it used to be?

When I last played it was less than 20% of the playerbase were in silver and above and the rest were all in bronze. Was kind of hopeing they would change the system at somepoint so that it was spread better across the rankings. I managed to get to silver which for me felt like an achievement but i players just being stuck in bronze forever is really discouraging where it seems like there is ample leages to spread the player base over.

Would think maybe 5% rookie (as you cant looks points) 30% bronze, 30% silver, 20% gold, 10% plat and 5% diamond or something would not only make more sense but be more encouraging to newer or less skilled players.

As is stands now it always comes across that you are either good at the game gold or above or utter trash lol.

Also the ranking including people that had been inactive since a couple of weeks after launch.

Other people are just dirty scrubs and they won with mixups and oki bullshit.

Look up your controller and complain about its lag. It's the only option.

Breh. Do you even monitor/controller lag?

Oh thank god I thought I was gonna actually have to face myself.

One more question.

Its the spread of ranking any better than it used to be?

When I last played it was less than 20% of the playerbase were in silver and above and the rest were all in bronze. Was kind of hopeing they would change the system at somepoint so that it was spread better across the rankings. I managed to get to silver which for me felt like an achievement but i players just being stuck in bronze forever is really discouraging where it seems like there is ample leages to spread the player base over.

Would think maybe 5% rookie (as you cant looks points) 30% bronze, 30% silver, 20% gold, 10% plat and 5% diamond or something would not only make more sense but be more encouraging to newer or less skilled players.

As is stands now it always comes across that you are either good at the game gold or above or utter trash lol.

Also the ranking including people that had been inactive since a couple of weeks after launch.

Spreading it out isn't going to do much. And people lose to others in Bronze for a million reasons, from not blocking to straight up hitting buttons when they should. I think getting bopped is what is going to stop people from playing moreso than a ranking system, and spreading it out isn't going to end those bad habits.

Spreading it out isn't going to do much. And people lose to others in Bronze for a million reasons, from not blocking to straight up hitting buttons when they should. I think getting bopped is what is going to stop people from playing moreso than a ranking system, and spreading it out isn't going to end those bad habits.

But most games have a lot of players that are less serious and would be totally content being less good at the game but sittig in maybe silver as it clearly seperates them from those worse at the game. There are still many ranks above for the great players.

There is nothing wrong having a system that allows less serious players to more clearly see some progress in there rank.

But most games have a lot of players that are less serious and would be totally content being less good at the game but sittig in maybe silver as it clearly seperates them from those worse at the game. There are still many ranks above for the great players.

There is nothing wrong having a system that allows less serious players to more clearly see some progress in there rank.

I'd say that depends on the game. You can't really segment a rank and expect people not to be serious, even in Bronze or Rookie. Everyone is trying to climb their way to the top. Even if they want to stay in Bronze, they totally can, but that doesn't mean other people won't improve around them.

And ranks are largely meaningless depending on the player. I've beat Gold players who try to go crazy with Ken's buttons only to get bopped by my solid Super Bronze play, and I've gotten bopped by some good Bronzeboyz who had some great fundies. Hell, I've even taken more than a few games off a bunch of Super Sliver players recently.

Nah lol, your opponents just use gimmicks.

Can't use that when I'm a Urien player lyl

I've heard that the input delay was being changed to 4f as well but i've also heard that it's staying at 6.whatever it currently is

capcom pls do the right thing

CzCpafTWgAAxeYX.png

Dang....This Plat is still at 0.01% Capcom, has to put continues into that stupid survival. So much FM just sitting there. I got to round 48 & 49 with Nash and it was one of the most infuriating gaming moments ever.

Can't wait for the changes on the 20th though. Been playing Destiny and TLG but I should jump back in for Akuma. Finally gonna actually use all this FM lol.

myco666

CzCpafTWgAAxeYX.png

Dang....This Plat is still at 0.01% Capcom, has to put continues into that stupid survival. So much FM just sitting there. I got to round 48 & 49 with Nash and it was one of the most infuriating gaming moments ever.

Can't wait for the changes on the 20th though. Been playing Destiny and TLG but I should jump back in for Akuma. Finally gonna actually use all this FM lol.

I have lost with Cammy at stage 50 when Necalli was one hit a way from being KOed. Twice in a row. Shit is so stupid.

Fuck, just realized that we might not be able to abuse the Ken/Ryu DP thing for survival after the patch hits.

GET ON IT PEOPLE

It is probably going to be fine considering you can just do regular flash kicks all day with Guile and get similiar results. That move isn't invincible right?

Grifter

I'd hope that input lag would be a priority after the shitstorm this year. Hoping for some quality of life changes like loading and menus.

Want them to bring back having both players pick rematch so I don't have to awkwardly thumbs up the guy at tournament multiple times and snap him out of the zone lol

mbpm1

I'd hope that input lag would be a priority after the shitstorm this year. Hoping for some quality of life changes like loading and menus.

Want them to bring back having both players pick rematch so I don't have to awkwardly thumbs up the guy at tournament multiple times and snap him out of the zone lol
seemsgood.png

kiryu6oo9y.gif

Mizerman

Thumbs-Down.gif

myco666

I like those thumbs tho. I had my friends think it was players going "Good Game, Good Game" instead of "I am ready" when watching a stream lol.

giphy.gif

JayEH

I'm guessing the psx build didn't have this change? Didn't see any mention of it.

Monitoring things like input lag is next to impossible in that setup. Even if it was reduced, they probably couldn't tell because of the TV/Monitors that Capcom had set up.

Grifter

Stop, these g-g-gifs are bringing my poor work PC to its knees!

Monitoring things like input lag is next to impossible in that setup. Even if it was reduced, they probably couldn't tell because of the TV/Monitors that Capcom had set up.

That's what I was wondering wrt reported frame data changes and if they were observed from gameplay.

Stop, these g-g-gifs are bringing my poor work PC to its knees!

That's what I was wondering wrt reported frame data changes and if they were observed from gameplay.

Nah, apparently Xian was told so by a Capcom employee.

Still not 100% confirmed though.

EDIT: Oh ok, you mean frame data. A lot of the new frame data is stuff that they found out by testing, and some of it was stuff that they learned through a Capcom employee. Some of the reported changes are still "feel" stuff and not accurate.

jett

D-Member
Sounds like I should pick up Urien, but I got seriously horrible execution issues with charge characters. What do. :|

Guiles trial 7 is a bit of a shit. So hard to get that Sonic Boom charge after st.hp>cr.mp.

Make sure you're treating the Sonic Boom as a link and not a cancel. If you're inputting the Boom right as you're hitting c.MP, you won't have enough charge. It's a pretty steady 1-2-3 rhythm going from s.HP to c.MP to Boom.

Make sure you're treating the Sonic Boom as a link and not a cancel. If you're inputting the Boom right as you're hitting c.MP, you won't have enough charge. It's a pretty steady 1-2-3 rhythm going from s.HP to c.MP to Boom.

Thanks. I finally got it. I was cancelling the Boom from the cr.mp too early before.

JayEH

Sounds like I should pick up Urien, but I got seriously horrible execution issues with charge characters. What do. :|

biggest mistake people make with charge characters is they think they need to always be holding down back or back. you don't. you can charge while you're jumping, while you dash, even in the middle of combos. the actual execution of doing a charge move is easy though. just make sure you're familiar with how long it takes for a move to charge. go to training mode and practice.

Producer

biggest mistake people make with charge characters is they think they need to always be holding down back or back. you don't. you can charge while you're jumping, while you dash, even in the middle of combos. the actual execution of doing a charge move is easy though. just make sure you're familiar with how long it takes for a move to charge. go to training mode and practice.

Yeah pretty much. Another thing is people will have enough charge for example a fireball and the temptation to use it is strong, when sometimes you just have to let go of it.

ElFly

actually dislike the lesser input lag

as I get older my reactions are worse so longer input lag helped me

capcom pls nerf young people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom