• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
naaaaa_zvegnaaaaaaa___by_gjergji_zhuka-daqyblo.jpg
Source

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This new SFV thread in Gaming is a little different. This time it's all armchair game development.

Also sounds like Mago is thinking of switching to Juri maybe. Dark times ahead.

Village

I think the game is pretty easy.

I'm on the " complicate the game more" side actually .

I would pay.... a large amount of people , to convince someone to humor the idea of selectable supers.

Skilletor

I would pay.... a large amount of people , to convince someone to humor the idea of selectable supers.

Same.

I was hoping for something like 3s with this update that would have a type of "ism," except it would be for the v system. Different Vskill, Trigger, and super.

Village

I feel like that's how you add depth to a game, particularly like street fighter. Depending on what super you choose you now have to plan for that .

I don't know about V skill because those actions seem quite specific for characters, like what would Balrogs alternate V skill be?

Skilletor

I feel like that's how you add depth to a game, particularly like street fighter. Depending on what super you choose you now have to plan for that .

I don't know about V skill because those actions seem quite specific for characters, like what would Balrogs alternate V skill be?

Dunno! But since there's so much focus on them, I'm hoping they really buff the vskills that are pretty useless/bad right now.

Well i rebought it on ps4 so starting from rookie. Got to bronze over an hour or so but had to laugh when a bronze rage quit on me. Never unstood that mentality but so beit. Im super rusty and some people in bronze play so random it caught me off guard a few times lol.

Still nothing in online gaming has quite the same intensity and thrill as fighting games. After 2 weeks of enjoying titanfall 2 i never really care about if i win or lose. In this its full of highs and lows. Way more satisfying, especially if you tend to game solo online.

Also pretty pleased my fight stick works better than i thought on PS4. Its a modded mayflash f300 that can run on consoles or pc. But for consoles you need a controller plugged into it to work. However i changed the fightstick to ps3 mode, activated legacy stick support in options and it works without the ds4 plugged in. Yay.

Dont suppose there will be a PS4 pro patch coming?

ElFly

I think selectable supers is in Capcom s mind all the time but it is a thing of resources

myco666

Game is pretty easy for sure but I don't know if I wanted to be any harder.

I wouldn't mind it getting harder because I found pretty much all of the stuff easy to execute now but then again if the game was harder it would have been much more of a uphill battle for me to get equally good execution. I think the execution is at a really good place currently for people who are trying to get into fighting games.

Pompadour

I think selectable supers is in Capcom s mind all the time but it is a thing of resources

The way Critical Arts are set up now there isn't much benefit to adding selectable CAs as the default CAs we have essentially do everything. They cost max meter, do a ton of damage, and are easy to combo into. If they left those unchanged the only real differences would be that some would be anti-air supers or grab supers, that's about it. They'd have to redesign them to be more like they were in SF3 where characters often had an easy to combo into super that did less damage and cost less meter and a heavy damaging super that cost max meter and was harder to land. The current CAs are a mix of both.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, new V-Skills and V-Triggers would be much more interesting.

But they need to have character select online again if they're going to introduce that.

mbpm1

Yeah, new V-Skills and V-Triggers would be much more interesting.

But they need to have character select online again if they're going to introduce that.

they could just add the option to select v-skills/trigger like they do with costumes from the menu

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
they could just add the option to select v-skills/trigger like they do with costumes from the menu
Well that would defeat half their purpose. I think the idea would be to have your dedicated V-System pick against certain characters to add depth to it.

mbpm1

Well that would defeat half their purpose. I think the idea would be to have your dedicated V-System pick against certain characters to add depth to it.

That's an idea, but goes against the current system so they likely won't do it if they brought in new v-abilities.

Pompadour

I always assumed it should be picked at the loading screen that shows off the selected characters. There's plenty of time there to make a decision, after all.

Village

Dunno! But since there's so much focus on them, I'm hoping they really buff the vskills that are pretty useless/bad right now.

True, the thing about focus attacks is that while they are the same, they served the same function

V skills, are different but a lot of them are kind of bad. I think Nash needs 2 teleport attempts.

Invest that shit

Trying to play some Balrog and...

Is it just me or this ain't a good character

I love him he has flaws though, what don't you like about him?

ElFly

True, the thing about focus attacks is that while they are the same, they served the same function

V skills, are different but a lot of them are kind of bad. I think Nash needs 2 teleport attempts.

Invest that shit

I love him he has flaws though, what don't you like about him?

I dislike his charging low punch cause I don see much use for it compared to the old charging uppercut

Similarly the flash kick move dunno what is for, and I guess I should be using the v skill to dodge and punish but don't got the hang of it yet

Also charging punch move is v bad on block except from long distance which is annoying

I dislike his charging low punch cause I don see much use for it compared to the old charging uppercut

Similarly the flash kick move dunno what is for, and I guess I should be using the v skill to dodge and punish but don't got the hang of it yet

Also charging punch move is v bad on block except from long distance which is annoying

Its a sweep so you can use it as a mixup to get a knockdown if people are not crouch blocking.

Its another combo extender/AA/corner carry tool. Try to combo cr.HP into H. Screw Smash into M. Dash Straight. V-skill lets you dodge fireballs. It mixes in to the mk > mp target combo. You can follow up the vksill with either MP or MK. MP is a normal hit with pushback while MK is an overhead which you can follow up with a crouching lp into L. Dash Straight.

Yeah it can't be can't be safe on block cause otherwise you could keep spamming it and no one could punish you.

JayEH

That combo at 1:14 is sick. Launcher then tatsu to get on other side then another tatsu to end the combo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Combofiend has been telling people at the event it's the final build but people were already sceptical. Typical Capcom situation, could be clarified with one tweet/post.

ElFly

krabs-meme-th.jpg

I really doubt they'd do that for a intro video.

The intro video needs a little more time to be ready so it would not be rare they managed to do changes before the video was ready.

Besides they may have wanted the video to be ready some days before cut just in case

The intro video needs a little more time to be ready so it would not be rare they managed to do changes before the video was ready.

Besides they may have wanted the video to be ready some days before cut just in case

Have they ever had erroneous information in the intro videos? It's such a glaring thing to put in since it changes his playstyle drastically if he can use it without having to worry about grey life.

Edzi

In the video they mentioned that canceling certain moves would build V-Gauge. Weren't the only ways to build that gauge before by taking damage or using V-skill?

Also, what was that charge move he used in the video? Looked like a focus attack.

Have they ever had erroneous information in the intro videos? It's such a glaring thing to put in since it changes his playstyle drastically if he can use it without having to worry about grey life.

I mean, they called it a single hit parry, and parry usually implies no damage.

Skilletor

In the video they mentioned that canceling certain moves would build V-Gauge. Weren't the only ways to build that gauge before by taking damage or using V-skill?

Also, what was that chargeove he used in the video? Looked like a focus attack.

His taunt! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom