• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so Akuma's V-Trigger is basically KOFXIII's HD cancel system? You get a few special into special cancels you don't otherwise have? That's neat.

edit: Well, not really, watching it a second time. It's more like the moves change a bit to make different combos possible. That's fine, too, I guess.

Village

Beat Capcom to the retro mod, lol

Hey they capcom on alex by months.

sfiii_alex_for_sfv_by_pfunkk-d9yuqxf.jpg

No one cares about ibuki enough to make her retro outfit

When that sf2 bison stage coming out?

Village

The people have spoken, HUGO should have been the DLC

Seriously though, probably because the retro costume was announced, later so people probably gave up on it. There wasn't any retro outfit announced for juri

Tidbits I noticed

- Diago was anticipating or even predicting when Fchamp would do an air borne poke with Sim but mistimed his parry.

Is that hard to time well Ryu players? I feel like parry should be in this game for all characters tbh..

Oh lord no.

The fireball game would be dead.

Skilletor

Tidbits I noticed

- Diago was anticipating or even predicting when Fchamp would do an air borne poke with Sim but mistimed his parry.

Is that hard to time well Ryu players? I feel like parry should be in this game for all characters tbh..

Ew, no.

I don't like 3s as an SF. I would hate this game if it had parries.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=WFX7Y7DltCg

Has anybody posted this. His vskill doesn't take Gray life. So PSX wasn't final build???

It also isn't building his V-Gauge, unless that only happens if he connect with a follow-up. So I dunno, I still think it's up in the air whether or not he gets gray life from parries.

Edit: I watched the video again and he does build V-Gauge from follow-ups. So I guess he doesn't get gray life.

Edzi

Akuma looks like a lot of fun to play.

He really does, and with a lot of combo variety. Seems like they might have been listening to criticisms after all, but I'm curious to see how much that transfers to the rest of the existing cast.

Will it still be 100k fm per character? Seeing as i bought deluxe addition for ps4 i should be able to easily get that from going through story modes/ survival / trials again. Already on 233k from mini storys.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Will it still be 100k fm per character? Seeing as i bought deluxe addition for ps4 i should be able to easily get that from going through story modes/ survival / trials again. Already on 233k from mini storys.

If you have 22 characters to mine for FM, you'll have zero trouble getting the next 6 characters and probably several stages and outfits.

mbpm1

Daigo is gonna have a for-fun tournament on Jan 14th where some JP players will be invited to play and then after they have to sing Karaoke.

The audience at the venue gets to vote for who moves on in the tournament

Daigo is gonna have a for-fun tournament on Jan 14th where some JP players will be invited to play and then after they have to sing Karaoke.

The audience at the venue gets to vote for who moves on in the tournament

So Daigo can lose and still move forward?

JayEH

is the dream for new win poses/taunts dead? Man I feel I expected too much from Season 2. I expected it to be SSFV in everything but name which is silly in hindsight.

edit: i wonder who obama mains

SSReborn

is the dream for new win poses/taunts dead? Man I feel I expected too much from Season 2. I expected it to be SSFV in everything but name which is silly in hindsight.

I mean vanilla SF4 and Super was like 2 years between right? So probably wishful thinking lol specially considering modern day capcom.

mbpm1

They should have invited Du so he could teabag the White House

SSReborn

arcade sf4 to console SF4 was 6 months and added 7 new characters IIRC

edit: had that reversed; 7 months and 6 new characters
Yeah but I was comparing Arcade Vanilla to to Super console release which is dumb lol

Anyhow I've just gotten pretty sceptical of them they haven't exactly hit it out of the park with this game.

So maybe they can still surprise us, but I'm not entirely optimistic.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has this been posted?

Yahoo Esports interview with Woshige (Battle Director for SFV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCr5mZFI-50
Talks about gameplay changes like invincible moves, reduced meter gain etc.
Not sure what to make of some of these statements. They don't sound like what people wanted.

They also have many other interviews from the Capcom Cup final.

Has this been posted?

Yahoo Esports interview with Woshige (Battle Director for SFV):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCr5mZFI-50
Talks about gameplay changes like invincible moves, reduced meter gain etc.
Not sure what to make of some of these statements. They don't sound like what people wanted.

They also have many other interviews from the Capcom Cup final.

I dunno, I think lessening meter gain might be for the better. You get meter in this game like candy, and some people stock pile that shit just for a CA. Imagine if you had to optimize your stuff better for more meter instead of just having it land in your lap every three seconds. Maybe it'll push people like Nash users (like me, heh) to stop stockpiling it for a CA and decide on whether or not to use it elsewhere.

We will see, but as long as the other changes work fine with it, I'm optimistic.

I do think people are gonna get pissy that they can't just get meter from standing around, but I'd like a change like that if you actually had to plan out how you get meter. I remember when SFV first launched, I was excited at the prospect of people using Nash's meter stealing move, but it almost doesn't even matter since they get it back so fast and you are usually stocked anyway.

But maybe there's an over reliance on CAs in general anyway. Nash players at most tournaments will hold dat and sometimes never get a chance to use it (like Yukadon or Inflitations sets, I forgot who, where they sat on that shit. Like just spend it). Maybe it'll push people to explore more options.

Or maybe people will complain that they can't chip out someone with a CA reliably as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom