• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

There we go. Much better.
DAMMIT!!!!!
  • Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, Birdie
  • Street Fighter II: Chun-Li, Guile, Zangief, Dhalsim, M. Bison (Dictator), Vega (Claw), Balrog (Boxer), Cammy, Akuma
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Charlie Nash, Karin Kanzuki, Rainbow Mika
  • Street Fighter III: Alex, Ibuki, Urien
  • Street Fighter IV: Juri
It's been a very long day.

mbpm1

DAMMIT!!!!!
  • Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, Birdie
  • Street Fighter II: Chun-Li, Guile, Zangief, Dhalsim, M. Bison (Dictator), Vega (Claw), Balrog (Boxer), Cammy, Akuma
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Charlie Nash, Karin Kanzuki, Rainbow Mika
  • Street Fighter III: Alex, Ibuki, Urien
  • Street Fighter IV: Juri
It's been a very long day.

Almost

It was a fun ride while it lasted. It's been exciting to see Guile pop them out for dem hot stylish points.

Rest In Peace Sonic Boom Loops. You will be missed.

Daigo loves Guile.

10_japan-strike01.jpg

This is no Guile-loving man.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That c.HP crush counter, though...

Is it worth it? Losing one of the hypest and legit interesting and unique v triggers (which i thought was the whole point). I don't care how they frame that shit. That's a legit nerf.

It's all Woshige's fault. Everybody blames Combofiend though.

I still remember that woshinge interview where he said we weren't using normals to their full potential.

Skilletor

Is it worth it? Losing one of the hypest and legit interesting and unique v triggers (which i thought was the whole point). I don't care how they frame that shit. That's a legit nerf.

Yeah, it's worth it. Boom loops are super situational and rare. Also, it's 2 bars now, so you'll get more booms more often. Hella worth it. C.hp AA crush counter. HNNNNNG! His vtrigger is still legit interesting and unique. Its purpose isn't combos.

The real nerf is the c.mp pushback which could be a problem for his other combos that aren't as situational as the boom loop might be.

Boom loops were mostly useful as a timer scam. His V-Trigger has a lot of utility, and it being 2 bar is likely a bigger buff than losing the loop is a nerf.

His c.MP having increased knockback is the bigger nerf, but it might open up stuff to work outside of the corner like s.HP, c.MP, Boom, Backfist, or even s.HP, c.MP, Boom, High Kick, Flash Kick, depending on how much later the Boom hits, now.

Also, c.HP being a crush counter is a major buff for two reasons:

1. Guile arguably relies on his c.HP more than anyone else in the game. It being a crush counter opens up for him to get big damage off of it as an anti-air, assuming it launches like his s.HP currently does. Since he won't have to drop charge, it'll also be easier to juggle into a raw super.

2. Assuming s.HP keeps properties similar to what it has now, s.HP->s.HP->BnB->Super combos would be possible on counter hit, or it would just be an easier hit confirm into big damage, given that his potential damage with it was a bit limited by the CC launch, before. I do suspect that s.HP might be changed to something like a 9f startup, +6 on hit, 0 or +1 on block, though, to keep it from being too strong.

Skilletor

Boom loops were pretty fun to watch. Fucking Woshige. He's one of those spies Art talked about, except for the anime scene.

I care more about playing my favorite character than watching him. Two bar vtrig and c.hp CC are way more valuable than a super situational combo. :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pshh. I bet in a month you guys will want it back. Crouch fierce is a good buff though. Should be able to get a follow up even if it trades.

Sleeping Dog 5k FM
Stage: Apprentice Alley
Dog on the left side of the screen he's sleeping, get him to wake up and bark should clear it...

mbpm1

Where did you hear that?

The post Gri1mlock posted above for the health ideas.

Ryu's normals are slower outside of v-trigger. Ken's normals are slower by 1 frame across the board. Someone analyzed the trailer for Akuma and he has fairly slow normals (7 frames for cr. mp, 10 frames for cr. hp). This makes me think normals in general are getting slower startup.

Kashiwaba

Ryu's normals are slower outside of v-trigger. Ken's normals are slower by 1 frame across the board. Someone analyzed the trailer for Akuma and he has fairly slow normals (7 frames for cr. mp, 10 frames for cr. hp). This makes me think normals in general are getting slower startup.

I guess they are making v trigger more useful but what about characters who's v trigger doesn't boost the character power like Rashid and ibuki?

Considering Bison and Dhalsim both apparently got normals that were made a frame faster (according to LPN's big list), I don't think that they're necessarily making everybody's normals slower in general.

And the article makes it seem like they may make character's Health and Stun higher or lower, rather than just making things lower in general.

mbpm1

Considering Bison and Dhalsim both apparently got normals that were made a frame faster (according to LPN's big list), I don't think that they're necessarily making everybody's normals slower in general.

And the article makes it seem like they may make character's Health and Stun higher or lower, rather than just making things lower in general.

Maybe slower is the wrong word. But Sim's and Bison's normals already weren't fast so I don't really like the possibility that all characters normals will reside around their level.

Too early to tell I guess

Mr. X

I still remember that woshinge interview where he said we weren't using normals to their full potential.
Guile gets trigger faster, can more confidently use v-reversal and still gain trigger in exchange.

ElFly

I think Ryu was changed to make his V-Trigger more attractive. Ken because they wanted to tone down his rush down and Akuma...dunno, I guess they gotta make him hard to play as

don't think they are slowing down normals across the board. we'd notice because Chun and Mika received several changes and slowing all their normals was not one of them

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like all these system changes benefit Guile anyway. He can start his Boom/Flashkick spiel now after getting thrown without the oki beforehand. He can pressure more characters on wake-up and he can use his really good V-Trigger earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom