• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

I'm at like 40k FM right now, not going to worry about trying to grind out the extra 30k FM needed, I'll buy this stage straight up when my $15 psn rebate comes in.

myco666

Lol at Firepower. Dude RQed on me after losing a rematch in Ranked and complains about RQers at reddit.

Mainly for getting some more damage off of a CC st.hk. Also works as a pseudo frametrap after st.mp but it's very risky since it's still -5 (the regular version, VT one is much more punishable)

Just one of those things that's only useful in particular situations, like Dhalsim's heavy Yoga Gale.

Sounds something I don't have a hurry to get used to. Is it actually worth to use over st.mp > mp.bullhead?

Sounds something I don't have a hurry to get used to. Is it actually worth to use over st.mp > mp.bullhead?
Even on counter hit, I don't think it combos from st.mp so yeah, it's not something worth going for.

The one benefit is that doing a CC st.hk into heavy bullhorn into CA does ungodly amounts of damage, and is range independent so if you get a CC from max range and don't have any other options, it's still solid.

There should be a stage-specific mechanic where that if Mika lands Passion Rope Throw while on Skies of Honour, the opponent plummets to their death and she wins instantly.

mbpm1

There should be a stage-specific mechanic where that if Mika lands Passion Rope Throw while on Skies of Honour, the opponent plummets to their death and she wins instantly.

It's called Skies of Honor so Mika shouldn't be allowed to fight on it Kappa

mbpm1

Only Zangief, Ibuki, FANG, Rashid, Alex, Balrog, Juri and Bison are selectable for they are the only TRULY HONOURABLE characters

FANG uses poison so he's out.

Ibuki does ninja tricks, she's out.

Juri and Balrog and Bison aren't honourable in story, so they're out.

myco666

Oh man that theme is good.

Even on counter hit, I don't think it combos from st.mp so yeah, it's not something worth going for.

The one benefit is that doing a CC st.hk into heavy bullhorn into CA does ungodly amounts of damage, and is range independent so if you get a CC from max range and don't have any other options, it's still solid.

Hmm... actually I need to get used to hp.bullhead after CC st.hk. Had hard time punishing blocked Cannon Spike because Cammy lands outside of st.mp range.

Oh man that theme is good.

Hmm... actually I need to get used to hp.bullhead after CC st.hk. Had hard time punishing blocked Cannon Spike because Cammy lands outside of st.mp range.
Here are the follow ups I know to St.hk CC

(I)St.hk xx hp bullhead (range independent,combos into CA)

(II)St.hk xx dash forward xx heavy command grab or medium if it's at absolute Max range and vtrigger is not activated ( does more damage than just hp bullhead, gives more meter, causes intense psychological damage)

(III) St.hk xx cr.mp xx bullhorn. This requires you to be as close as possible. (does more damage then hp bullhead and still combos into CA, gives better followup set up if you don't do CA)

(IV) St.hk xx cr.hp xx heavy chain OR bullhorn ( chain one does the most damage without using CA, can cancel into vtrigger and get a good setup if you do bullhorn)

myco666

Here are the follow ups I know to St.hk CC

(I)St.hk xx hp bullhead (range independent,combos into CA)

(II)St.hk xx dash forward xx heavy command grab or medium if it's at absolute Max range and vtrigger is not activated ( does more damage than just hp bullhead, gives more meter, causes intense psychological damage)

(III) St.hk xx cr.mp xx bullhorn. This requires you to be as close as possible. (does more damage then hp bullhead and still combos into CA, gives better followup set up if you don't do CA)

(IV) St.hk xx cr.hp xx heavy chain OR bullhorn ( chain one does the most damage without using CA, can cancel into vtrigger and get a good setup if you do bullhorn)

You can cancel Bullhorn into CA?! What? I have so much to learn. Thanks man!

BlizzKrut

Banned
I'm actually surprised they didn't go back and fix the issue with the beach stage so that its ban can be lifted.

I think they said they did that stage with that in mind, and that in the future, there could be some stages like the beach one, where they just have fun gimmicks and aren't intended for tournament play.

You can cancel Bullhorn into CA?! What? I have so much to learn. Thanks man!
I feel like a fucking idiot. Apparently, I can do a dash forward after a St.hk CC and still hit the cr.mp so that's a setup I wasn't taking advantage of for some reason.

JayEH

The best part about maintenance sadly is that I can put my ps4 in rest mode while in training mode and it doesn't make me start at the main menu again when I come back.

myco666

I feel like a fucking idiot. Apparently, I can do a dash forward after a St.hk CC and still hit the cr.mp so that's a setup I wasn't taking advantage of for some reason.

Haha you learn something new everyday. Do you have any meaty setups for Birdie? Only one I know is hk.bull revenger after backthrow and that gets blown up very easily.

Haha you learn something new everyday. Do you have any meaty setups for Birdie? Only one I know is hk.bull revenger after backthrow and that gets blown up very easily.
These are the setups I have though to be honest, I don't enjoy playing very setup heavy with birdie.

Forward throw xx St.hp ( beats 3 frames)

Cr.hk xx overhead (can get counter hit on the overhead but is usually too far to combo)

Command throw xx dolphin dive and if they do a delayed wakeup. Follow up with overhead for a guaranteed meaty that combos into St.lk ( doesn't work against 3 frames)

Bullhorn xx forward dash xx St.mk (CH) xx St.lk xx light bullhead ( beats 3 frames)

Unless it's ex bull revenger, it's generally not a good idea to use that for a meaty as its very predictable.

EDIT: EX chain xx St.lk(framekill) xx dolphin dive ( beats 3 frames)

EDIT2: after landing a CA, dash forward and St.hk (beats 3 frames)

Edit3: after hitting a successful bullhead, vtrigger cancel xx forward dash xx St.hk( beats 3 frames)

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that stage is freaking me out; I don't think it'll be tournament legal. Certainly cool looking, though. Might buy it after all.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Are you talking about the background? The floor really only has a few pixels of incline.

FluxWaveZ

Are you talking about the background? The floor really only has a few pixels of incline.

I'm talking about the slant. While very minimal when looking at it like this, the slight change in angle can easily throw one off when it comes to footsie distances in high level matches, especially when it's changing from one side to the other on a regular basis.

Coda

Yooooo this stage looks hype! Is it actually an incline or more of an illusion because of the background being tilted? Either way banned or not this stage is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom