• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

That stage better be tourney legal. That tiny bit of tilt shouldn't be a problem.

The stuff in the background is putting me on tilt.

I'll have to see what it's like IRL, but the youtube video is already no good for me.

Capcom makes the rules for CPT. If they say it's legal, it'll be legal.

Dawg, the players are the ones who complained about the beach stage, and CPT acquiesced.

and if players don't want to play on it, they won't lol

And, if they do, they will. Just like every other stage.

So, there would literally be no difference.

Dawg, the players are the ones who complained about the beach stage, and CPT acquiesced.

The beach stage actually obstructs things, so it's a more obvious ban.

If Capcom bans it, they ban it. But, if they don't, it's not up to tourney organizers to take matters into their own hands.

Exr

These are the setups I have though to be honest, I don't enjoy playing very setup heavy with birdie.

Forward throw xx St.hp ( beats 3 frames)

Cr.hk xx overhead (can get counter hit on the overhead but is usually too far to combo)

Command throw xx dolphin dive and if they do a delayed wakeup. Follow up with overhead for a guaranteed meaty that combos into St.lk ( doesn't work against 3 frames)

Bullhorn xx forward dash xx St.mk (CH) xx St.lk xx light bullhead ( beats 3 frames)

Unless it's ex bull revenger, it's generally not a good idea to use that for a meaty as its very predictable.

EDIT: EX chain xx St.lk(framekill) xx dolphin dive ( beats 3 frames)

EDIT2: after landing a CA, dash forward and St.hk (beats 3 frames)

Edit3: after hitting a successful bullhead, vtrigger cancel xx forward dash xx St.hk( beats 3 frames)
Thanks for all this. Gonna try some out tonight. I love Birdie but I have trouble when Im constantly pressured by a Ken or Chun.

Hope this post isn't too long. Here is what I want for balance changes.

Ryu
- Hurtbox adjustments for idle stance and j.LK
- Hitbox adjustments for LP
- Increased pushback from MP, c.MP
- Reduced stun from c.MP

Chun-Li
- V-Trigger now 3 meters
- V-Trigger bar decreases at the same rate, but drops 15% when a normal is pressed
- LK and MK air legs now add +1 frame of recovery when landing
- Hitbox adjustment on HP, LP
- Hurtbox adjustment on crouch

Nash
- V-Reversal has shorter carry distance
- c.MP is now +5 on hit (-1)
- Back dash is now 26 frames (+2)
- Hitbox adjustm on LP (anti-air fix), maybe c.MP, j.MK (too ambiguous on cross-up)

Bison
- c.MP is now +4 on hit (+1), +6 on CH (+1)
- Adjusted hitboxes on c.MP, HK, LP Psycho Blast, EX headstomp
- EX headstomp gets projectile invincibility all the way up
- HP Somersault Skull Driver gets an animation fix to appear more like j.HP. It comes out a littler slower, but the angle of the attack is similar to j.HP.

Cammy
- Throw stum reduced by 50
- Hitbox adjustment on c.HP (should be better)

Birdie
- I don't know enough about him to make any changes... He seems very fair as is right now.

Ken
- Hurtbox fix on all air tatsus
- Hitbox adjustment for LP
- HK tatsu stun reduced by 50
- Fix his wonky hitstop issues... seriously...

Necalli
- Major hitbox adjustment for LP (anti-air fix), c.HP (raised side vertically), j.LP (it's huge right now similar to Ryu's j.LK), j.MK (too ambiguous on cross-up)
- Command throw stun down 50

Karin
- Hitbox fix for c.HP (should be better)
- Hitbox fix for LP (anti-air fix)

Mika
- Corner bounce for Passion Rope now only triggers when hit character is on the last 20% of either side of the stage. No longer work on mid-screen.
- V-Reversal hits more consistantly
- standing and back throw stun reduced by 25
- Startup for V-Skill is reduced dramatically
- Hitbox fix for LP

Laura
- Needs help, but don't know how to fix it...

Rashid
- Ditto. Needs a little boost, but I'm not sure on this one.

Vega
- c.HP, (claw on) are now special cancellable
- f+HP (claw) does +10 damage, small forward hitbox boost
- V-Reversal recovers faster

Zangief
- +100 stun
- EX SPD can be comboed from any move that is special cancelable
- neutral j.MP does 200 stun, puts opponent into juggle state on CH (for EX Borscht Dynamite punishes)
- Hitbox increase for c.HK
- Hurtbox fix for LP (it goes WAY out there), MK
- New move: Quick Lariat. Input KKK, 7 frame startup with a single hit. Lower body and projectile invincibility

FANG
- Make V-reversal useful?
- c.MP has +1 active frames, 15 on recovery (+1)
- Unsure on other things

Dhalsim
- c.LK is now -2 on hit (+2)
- b+MP is now +4 on hit (+1)
- EX Yoga Gale input buffering is fixed to act similar to other Yoga Gale buffered inputs
- Hitbox fix for c.MP (at least make it go to his wrist, damn it.)
- Chip damage reduced all around

I would need to work a lot more on the DLC characters to know what they need. Juri and Rog need a lot of fixes, thats for sure.

watch the preview of the stage 5 times on a big screen then get back to us asap

There is a good chance that I may not be playing this stage. It definitely give me some slight motion sickness, not going to lie. I may have to get used to it or maybe it'll be a little better when I am actually playing it/seeing it in person. If I focus mainly on the character models (which I will be doing in matches anyways) I can get by.

Makes me sad :(

It's not that they can't do it. They don't want to. And that modded stage looks worse.

What's wrong with it?

It has some of the weird Anti-Air properties that other characters have. With the fix to c.HP, the hitbox could be adjusted down a few pixels to make it more in line with other LPs.

myco666

That stage looks like it is going to make me sick. Will buy it though.

These are the setups I have though to be honest, I don't enjoy playing very setup heavy with birdie.

Forward throw xx St.hp ( beats 3 frames)

Cr.hk xx overhead (can get counter hit on the overhead but is usually too far to combo)

Command throw xx dolphin dive and if they do a delayed wakeup. Follow up with overhead for a guaranteed meaty that combos into St.lk ( doesn't work against 3 frames)

Bullhorn xx forward dash xx St.mk (CH) xx St.lk xx light bullhead ( beats 3 frames)

Unless it's ex bull revenger, it's generally not a good idea to use that for a meaty as its very predictable.

EDIT: EX chain xx St.lk(framekill) xx dolphin dive ( beats 3 frames)

EDIT2: after landing a CA, dash forward and St.hk (beats 3 frames)

Edit3: after hitting a successful bullhead, vtrigger cancel xx forward dash xx St.hk( beats 3 frames)

Thanks a bunch! Will save this for practice.

The changes I want:

• Both players choose rematch options in versus mode
  • Training mode saves the last options chosen
  • Lobbies award character exp
  • Consolidated win screens for ranked
  • Ability to preemptively purchase continues in survival mode for 200-250k points
  • Typing in a name to invite a player automatically adds them to your friends list
  • Ability to choose to allow character BGM for versus mode rather than stage BGM

Skilletor

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223606659]The changes I want:

• Ability to preemptively purchase continues in survival mode for 200-250k points
  • Typing in a name to invite a player automatically adds them to your friends list
  • Ability to choose to allow character BGM for versus mode rather than stage BGM
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by consolidated win screen?

buff the hell out of v-skills in general please

saddest utility for a universal mechanic in any sf game

pretty much only necalli gets to use them the way they were being hyped up

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223608167]buff the hell out of v-skills in general please

pretty much only necalli gets to use them the way they were being hyped up[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I tried thinking of ways they could be more useful, but it's so tough because almost all of them suck... bad.

Skilletor

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223607655]Instead of going through the win quote screen then points screen etc, just make it all one screen so you can get back into matches more quickly.[/QUOTE]

Right. Those are all reasonable requests, I think.

pretty much only necalli gets to use them the way they were being hyped up[/QUOTE]

yea most of them are just regular specials put into two buttons lol. only a few of them are really unique.

myco666

[/QUOTE]

I could pretty much guarantee that lobbies won't ever award you exp since it gives you FM for level ups.

Otherwise I think these are all very reasonable and something I would like to have aswell.

Sayad

I wonder if it'll affect people with motion sickness lol
It's making me sick and not even FPS games does that!

pretty much only necalli gets to use them the way they were being hyped up[/QUOTE]Imagine Guile and Ken with even better v-skills! o_0

The stage didn't cause any motion sickness or anything for me, though tbh I wouldn't want to risk playing long sets on that stage lol.

To this day, the only section in any game that's ever made me light headed or dizzy, is the Dishonored prologue, where the assassins show up and have you in this weird vortex thing while they kill the empress. EVERY SINGLE TIME I GET DIZZY.

Mizerman

[/QUOTE]

Yas!

You want Vegas hp claw to be non special cancellable?!?

BUGGIN

Thought process behind this is that his HP would be a really long range poke (similar in utility to Chun's HP) but making it special cancellable would probably be too good. Making HK and c.HP cancellable is the trade off here.

[/QUOTE]

This is great.

meerak

Thought process behind this is that his HP would be a really long range poke (similar in utility to Chun's HP) but making it special cancellable would probably be too good. Making HK and c.HP cancellable is the trade off here.

You don't like F+HP?

Long range poke with fair drawbacks, not special-cancellable.

You can't do much with c.HP other that VT, true, and maybe special-cancellation wouldn't overpower it, but HK? HK is already a CC, and you can follow up with a special in that case. If not it still has good combo potential once you LP.

You don't like F+HP?

Long range poke with fair drawbacks, not special-cancellable.

You can't do much c.HP other that VT, true, and maybe special-cancellation wouldn't overpower it, but HK? HK is already a CC, and you can follow up with a special in that case. If not it still has good combo potential once you LP.

I totally forgot that he had f+HP. Let me change that, because I honestly thought that f+HP was his normal HP.

derp

meerak

^ it's a hell of a button!

lol

I love f+HP.

Nailing someone 2-3 times in a row is just beyond satisfying. STOP MOVING DAMN IT!

This update is kind of big, right? Or it's just slow on my end
I think it's the largest in-game update yet. There HAS to be more than just the stage with this update.

^ it's a hell of a button!

lol

I love f+HP.

Nailing someone 2-3 times in a row is just beyond satisfying. STOP MOVING DAMN IT!
I spent like 7-8 sets against a Vega player trying to figure out how to punish that move, before I realized that I can't punish it when done spaced well so I should just go for better positioning or drop a trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom