• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawling my way to Platinum, 10 points at a time. On my 8 win streak and only manage to get only 200LP.

DF71B72654C23B422A9A641B718BB3B77FEC73D0

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, unless they lied to us we won't really know how they are going to look and play even if we know their names.

what's the deal with the pre-announcement, lol?

Pads > stick, confirmed

Pads allow for more flexibility IMO, with a stick one HAND controls the movement, the other buttons, with pad your thumb controls movement, and you have 4 fingers free on the hand to press more buttons...

The one downside to pads the return to neutral position, I can reset motions better with a stick than a pad..

Nah fuck it. It would help with people buying the Season Pass. I'd also like a roadmap as well. They can surprise me by adding more content in the updates if possible.

The Season Pass isn't going anywhere, so there's no rush to know ahead of time.

Would be nice to have some natural, pre-release buildup for once. Rather than having everything dumped unceremoniously, with no tact or details.

Impatience isn't a good enough reason to ruin proper marketing and promotion.

Can you imagine the hype if people didn't know Urien and Juri were coming last year? I would love to feel that for once.

vg260

The Season Pass isn't going anywhere, so there's no rush to know ahead of time.

Would be nice to have some natural, pre-release buildup for once. Rather than having everything dumped unceremoniously, with no tact or details.

Impatience isn't a good enough reason to ruin proper marketing and promotion.

Can you imagine the hype if people didn't know Urien and Juri were coming last year? I would love to feel that for once.

What if you're interested in Akuma? The season pass is a good value if you end up wanting the characters, but if we have no idea what's coming, people end up having to go without Akuma until they reveal the rest. How long is it a good idea to leave potential customers hanging?

Improper marketing is selling something undefined to customers. If they want to sell a season pass and take the money now, they need to suck it up and tell people what they're getting. If they don't want to ruin the surprise, don't sell it yet.

FluxWaveZ

Flux playing kbrad on his stream. Not sure if it's his first time.

Kbrad2007... is actually Kbrad? Haha, man, I gotta stop assuming these people are fakes or something. Always end up playing subpar because I don't care too much about the match, to then only find out that I'm being streamed getting my ass kicked.

vulva

Kbrad2007... is actually Kbrad? Haha, man, I gotta stop assuming these people are fakes or something. Always end up playing subpar because I don't care too much about the match, to then only find out that I'm being streamed getting my ass kicked.
I played the real FluxWaveZ on psn just now. Playing celebrities is scary.

vulva

GGs. My approaches were all over the place; I know I have to be way more careful and methodical against Chun-Li, but I think I was flustered.
It was cross continent sfv, not too much to say. Whenever I move back to Canada we should play without an entire nation between us.

Ggs though. Mika gets me so scared still

FluxWaveZ

Heh, faced KBrad again. I still lost 4 rounds in a row, but at least I gave my 100%.

It was cross continent sfv, not too much to say. Whenever I move back to Canada we should play without an entire nation between us.

Ggs though. Mika gets me so scared still

I was going to mention that there was some lag in our match, but I didn't want it to sound like I was making excuses or anything. So that's what it was. We should definitely play again under better conditions.

Kashiwaba

You did good against him lol he was complaining about Mika the whole match.

vulva

Heh, faced KBrad again. I still lost 4 rounds in a row, but at least I gave my 100%.

I was going to mention that there was some lag in our match, but I didn't want it to sound like I was making excuses or anything. So that's what it was. We should definitely play again under better conditions.
Yeah, I'm living in LA atleast until July or I get deported. If I move back to Toronto though we can definitely play.

Also you should have taken Henri up on his offer for Canada cup

Zackat

Cool. I live in LA and he lives in Montreal. I'm almost twice as far from him as you are.

yeah I imagine I get a lot of players from Toronto. For the most part connections are pretty good, but there are some laggy ones every once in a while. That's a big distance you guys are playing across. Like sometimes when I fight people in Mexico it is pretty laggy.

Kashiwaba

yeah I imagine I get a lot of players from Toronto. For the most part connections are pretty good, but there are some laggy ones every once in a while. That's a big distance you guys are playing across. Like sometimes when I fight people in Mexico it is pretty laggy.

I live in thunder bay in North Western Ontario and i mostly play Americans and Mexicans and most of the time the connection is great it's the worst when i play Brazilians though, i get better connection against Europeans than people from Brazil.

mitchlol

Ok so last night I was watching a Canadian zangief who was diamond league. Mid stream he showed a match between Ryu/akuma against gief in the holiday outfit. Gief was able to build better by using headbuttt on fireballs and not just a little like 1/5 of a bar from a single headbutt. It was a YouTube clip and I can't find it again to look at it for myself. Anyone able to confirm they have seen the same. And if so do you think it will help?

Siaynoqq

This rage quit penalty is so completely defective. Twice now I have been punished (banned for a day and lost 1000 LP) for a sequence of several rage quits from others in a two-hour window. What a joke. Barely got to play today and had this happen a few days ago too.

Edit: These were unambiguous rage quits too - i.e., I would win the match and they would immediately quit.

Kashiwaba

This rage quit penalty is so completely defective. Twice now I have been punished (banned for a day and lost 1000 LP) for a sequence of several rage quits from others in a two-hour window. What a joke. Barely got to play today and had this happen a few days ago too.

Edit: These were unambiguous rage quits too - i.e., I would win the match and they would immediately quit.

Usually you only get punished for ragequitting if after you drop from the fight the game won't be connected to the internet and you have to log in again, if thats not the case then you have something wrong. when you get opponent connection lost, and you are back to the main menu and still connected you never get punished it happened to me a lot and more than 3 times in 1 hour.

In the mornings i would get matched from the Dominican Republic and Trinidad here in Orlando with Canada being the second most common and then Mexico. Sometimes I would find matches in Asia with Japan being the only place where rollback isn't that big of an issue.

Ok so last night I was watching a Canadian zangief who was diamond league. Mid stream he showed a match between Ryu/akuma against gief in the holiday outfit. Gief was able to build better by using headbuttt on fireballs and not just a little like 1/5 of a bar from a single headbutt. It was a YouTube clip and I can't find it again to look at it for myself. Anyone able to confirm they have seen the same. And if so do you think it will help?

Brutus?

myco666

Ehh fuck it. Just bought the season pass. Couldn't waste my Fm on akuma.

I think the Season pass is kinda no brainer. You get all the six characters + their battle costume + colors unlocked immediately for default costume. And you get so much FM from them.

Same. The DLC characters have been a great source of Fight Money for me.

I'm also contemplating buying the Christmas pack.

I am on the fence about the Christmas pack. Gief, Ken and Mika costumes are great but the rest are really not good at all. Guess I should just buy those individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom