• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekniqs

anyone else here play on both pc and ps4? I started out on the ps4 but then switched to PC for reasons I can't remember lol. I started playing on ps4 again to level up my account on there.
I know they reduced the 8f lag to 6f (matches the pc?) but things feel slower to react on the ps4. Is it just me bugging or is this the case for others as well?

anyone else here play on both pc and ps4? I started out on the ps4 but then switched to PC for reasons I can't remember lol. I started playing on ps4 again to level up my account on there.
I know they reduced the 8f lag to 6f (matches the pc?) but things feel slower to react on the ps4. Is it just me bugging or is this the case for others as well?

Did you disable VSync on PC?
That would cut the input-delay down by a frame or two, compared to PS4.

I want Demitri or Jedah for MvCi. Hsien-ko is acceptable as well so long as they don't make her the absolute worst character in the game for the second time in a row.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Has anyone noticed the stage on the last sihouette? I'm thinking it's a new stage since I can't remember where it could be from on the roster of current stages.

SFV-Akuma-Season-2.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Laura is definitely the character that gets me to crack the most. I think the general strategy of "just eat the throw" doesn't work against her and now she's getting buffs. Yay.

Zackat

messing around with dhalsim.

He is pretty fun, especially doing his teleport combos and stuff. If they buff him I think he could be really strong.

Laura and Dhalsim probably a good set of characters to play with.

Laura is definitely the character that gets me to crack the most. I think the general strategy of "just eat the throw" doesn't work against her and now she's getting buffs. Yay.

She was my favorite until I discovered Ms. Kanzuki. I still need to get Laura's premium outfit it looks too good.

Messing around with FANG got pwned 6 times lol, still having fun learning his set ups, when people fall for his set ups and you have resources OMG the damage, a simple combo done a few times, CC> st.hp> vtrigger> st.hp> lunge>CA, this simple fucking combo does like 460..

New002

My apologies if this has been asked 1000 times or if it's already been done, but I've been out of the loop...

Now that Capcom Cup is over does Capcom have any plans to tweak the input delay so that it's consistent across PS4 and PC if they haven't done so already?

Last I recall input delay went something like (highest) PC > PS4 > PC with Vsync off (though this introduced screen tearing)

Thanks!

My apologies if this has been asked 1000 times or if it's already been done, but I've been out of the loop...

Now that Capcom Cup is over does Capcom have any plans to tweak the input delay so that it's consistent across PS4 and PC if they haven't done so already?

Last I recall input delay went something like (highest) PC > PS4 > PC with Vsync off (though this introduced screen tearing)

Thanks!

According to xian for season 2 patch input delay on ps4 is now 4 frames. Lowest out of any 2.5D fighters. But it's not been officially confirmed yet.

New002

According to xian for season 2 patch input delay on ps4 is now 4 frames. Lowest out of any 2.5D fighters. But it's not been officially confirmed yet.

Good deal. Not gonna lie Capcom Cup last weekend is making my rage about the rootkit subside. I'm too weeeeak.

I hope they make the same change to PC so that it's 4 frames with v-sync on.

mitchlol

Nah the guy was ranked between 350-390 Diamond. I wish I could find the youtube video, because I think being able to build meter from fireballs that get headbutted will be enough to maybe make people think twice before spamming them. Especially in the Guile match up. Also 1/5 of a bar is quite a lot. Ryu gets like 1/10 of a bar per fireball.

Am I at any disadvantage in waiting to buy the season 2 pass on PS4? I kinda was hoping I'd get a glimpse at the new characters before I lay down any money. Unless of course I can get a discount by buying early.

Edzi

Thanks!

Ps4 and PC have been the same for a while now, unless you force vsync off.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what Juri gets after her air target combo? Is it free oki afterwards? I guess it depends on when you hit someone during your jump.

I'm asking because Karin's will probably be pretty similar.

ArjanN

"Just eat the throw" doesn't work vs any grappler.

mbpm1

Does anyone know what Juri gets after her air target combo? Is it free oki afterwards? I guess it depends on when you hit someone during your jump.

I'm asking because Karin's will probably be pretty similar.

Better oki than an airthrow, less damage

Less dangerous to eat a throw than Mika's damage

Neoxon

Thanks!
Capcom already knocked the input delay down to around 6.2 frames in recent patches, but Xian apparently heard from a Capcom rep that the input delay for SFV Season 2 is 4 frames. If this is true remains to be seen, but Capcom's progress on the matter does bode well for Season 2's possible input delay reduction.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It kinda does in this game. Mika doesn't get much after a throw and way less damage than with a CC combo, so does Zangief unless he spends meter.

Of course you can't be read like that or you'll get thrown 10 times a round.

Better oki than an airthrow, less damage
Interesting. This might actually be pretty good.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Nah the guy was ranked between 350-390 Diamond. I wish I could find the youtube video, because I think being able to build meter from fireballs that get headbutted will be enough to maybe make people think twice before spamming them. Especially in the Guile match up. Also 1/5 of a bar is quite a lot. Ryu gets like 1/10 of a bar per fireball.

Am I at any disadvantage in waiting to buy the season 2 pass on PS4? I kinda was hoping I'd get a glimpse at the new characters before I lay down any money. Unless of course I can get a discount by buying early.
No discounts for buying early so feel free to wait for more information.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I find it odd that there's so little info on Ryu's changes. Aside from the very vague reports of his normals being slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom