• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

It kinda does in this game. Mika doesn't get much after a throw and way less damage than with a CC combo, so does Zangief unless he spends meter.

Of course you can't be read like that or you'll get thrown 10 times a round.

Less dangerous to eat a throw than Mika's damage

In general I still think it's better advice vs the shotos than vs grapplers, maybe it's just because when playing Mika I like to use her EX command throw a lot, and that's like 220 damage.

She no longer gets the ability to put you into a corner for free. So pretty big.

The passion rope move still works both ways, it's just less safe. No more meterless reversals also means you can be even more agrressive with your mixups, so I don't think it'll be all that bad.

mbpm1

In general I still think it's better advice vs the shotos than vs grapplers, maybe it's just because when playing Mika I like to use her EX command throw a lot, and that's like 220 damage.

Like anything, it's alright advice to keep in mind as you study your opponent's strategy.

Sigmaah

GGs! Sfv was much smoother . Gotta say though i was surprised you were able to pull off those zero combos with that lag lol. Lets hope mvci is better than sfv netcode

That's what 5+ years of marvel online will allow you to do haha and my joystick is fucked up as well lol. Ya sf5 was way smoother.

I pray mvcis netcode is godlike. Highly doubt it will be but the game is real so dreams are reality.

are you guys talking about the cross up from the stomps? that shit is strange.
While thats pretty bullshit too, they're talking about how her vskill can allow you to get the most ambiguous freaking crossups.

And if that wasn't bad enough, she can literally get a crossup but land on the same side.

Producer

It's messed up.

She'll probably still have it, though, because Chun-Li is apparently untouchable. Even Ryu got nerfed a bunch.

this is like Rice-Eaters "Ryu's j.LK should stay the same if they change his other normals"

fam

Lol i was joking dudes. I can kinda feel a bit of salt from that post though Flux :p

That's what 5+ years of marvel online will allow you to do haha and my joystick is fucked up as well lol. Ya sf5 was way smoother.

I pray mvcis netcode is godlike. Highly doubt it will be but the game is real so dreams are reality.

Same here man i played it for so long i got kinda used to it. Honestly even if its the same as sfv i would take it.

Whales

Banned
how do you guys play guile

feels impossible as fuck

I suck with charge... I think I can be a zoning god and use the fuck out of booms but everyone jumps in on me for free lol... cant freaking AA or flash kick them... Im so focused on trying to charge and not mess up the inputs that i cant play him at all

any tips? even if just for the boom and flash kick inputs... sometimes I know I have a charge yet when I do the input I only jump and flash kick doesnt come out. Any tips on the inputs?

FluxWaveZ

Lol i was joking dudes. I can kinda feel a bit of salt from that post though Flux :p

Ain't no secret. I know I play Mika and all, but Chun-Li is absolutely my nemesis. If Mika was to get nerfed to hell, then I was at least anticipating Chun to come down with her. But, from what we know so far, basically nothing happened to her.

It frustrates me, man. The air legs nerf might end up being a bigger deal than I'm thinking right now, at least.

Oh yeah, and her V-Trigger got nerfed as well, I believe. I'm probably being way too premature; we'll see how it all ends up in the end. All I've been hearing is "Mika Mika Mika," so I'm not too into it when another obviously powerful character gets to go on all happy-go-lucky.

Laura's just getting buffs, so good luck to everyone who was so focused on Mika that they turned a complete blind eye to this one.

Producer

Ain't no secret. I know I play Mika and all, but Chun-Li is absolutely my nemesis. If Mika was to get nerfed to hell, then I was at least anticipating Chun to come down with her. But, from what we know so far, basically nothing happened to her.

It frustrates me, man. The air legs nerf might end up being a bigger deal than I'm thinking right now, at least.

I dunno man. Air legs got nerfed, sLK got nerfed, cLP now is 4f, Vtrigger duration was reduced. Those were like the main things ppl complained about..shes still great though lol. I guess right now from what we know Mika did get hit the hardest.

Does Chun Li have a bad match up? she has great buttons, she can counter poke you all day, today I CC her, no quick up, i set up meaty, player gets up and jabs my meaty away like nothing, could be online fuckery but that shit made me salty..

FluxWaveZ

I dunno man. Air legs got nerfed, sLK got nerfed, cLP now is 4f, Vtrigger duration was reduced. Those were like the main things ppl complained about..shes still great though lol. I guess right now from what we know Mika did get hit the hardest.

The st.LK's effectiveness as an AA was barely impacted but, you're right, those changes encompass a bunch of what I dislike. It might just be that there's nothing as "big" as Mika's invisible wall bounce that Chun has that would get removed as well, so the changes are more "under the hood."

The V-Trigger's the big one for me. Air legs comes in second place. If I had to think of something else, it would be how much of a god button her st.HP is.

vulva

Cr lp getting nerfed to 4f isn't as big a deal since cr lk is cancelable now

Mr. X

Depending on other changes, harder jab poking into bnb or crlp crlp xx sbk, crlp linking after lk legs might be gone.

I'm just waiting on patch notes and the patch to see and know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom