• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

With the general nerf on throws and command grabs a lot of characters might not be able to do the same vortex stuff. Even then characters like laura don't have a meaty on throws that isn't minus or spending bar (from my experiences) right now so taking throws from her a decent decision. Mika getting hit with the stick seems to have normalized her and made her more like other characters that don't get her options for the same commitment they'd have to do. Chun-li barely getting hit is kind of bogus unless they weren't done with her adjustments.

this is like Rice-Eaters "Ryu's j.LK should stay the same if they change his other normals"

fam

I'm sticking with that B

In the end my opinion isn't one that anybody should really consider. But part of my reasoning is that I never thought any of the characters outside of Chun were that good. I think Ryu is high tier, I just don't think he's that much better than most of the rest of the characters below him.

Besides that the dude is so honest. Can't he have at least one dishonest move. Hell, give me a mid screen left right mix up and we can take stun away from Denjin super :p

While thats pretty bullshit too, they're talking about how her vskill can allow you to get the most ambiguous freaking crossups.

And if that wasn't bad enough, she can literally get a crossup but land on the same side.

Yup. Just lost because this happened twice in the match. Knew the weird shit was gonna happen so block the cross up but she landed frontside both times and I ate a combo.

I actually really like the Chun-nerfs.

The two things I hated about her was how effortlessly she could AA, and how easy it was to do a combo into sbk, even after dash up. Lead to such easy and consistent corner carry, specifically with how good her oki was.

At least with the cr.lk being the 3framer, she can't do the dash up/mixup combo into sbk as easily. Her wakeup options are still kinda scary though which is fine.

The oki nerfs are by far gonna be the biggest change IMO.

vulva

I actually really like the Chun-nerfs.

The two things I hated about her was how effortless she could AA, and how easy it was to do a combo into sbk, even after dash up. Lead to such effortless corner carry.

At least with the cr.lk being the 3framer, she can't do the dash up/mixup combo into sbk as easily. Her wakeup options are still kinda scary though.
St lk was still a great aa when I tested it.

Dash up potential is about the same.

St lk was still a great aa when I tested it.

Dash up potential is about the same.
It would be incredibly odd if they specifically say that they're nerfing light AAs and then leave Chun's the way it is. We already know that that the PSX build wasn't the final build so I'm still holding out hope.

Obviously she still has the cr.lp xx stuff combo but it not being her 3-frame option alone makes a big difference to me.

vulva

It would be incredibly odd if they specifically say that they're nerfing light AAs and then leave Chun's the way it is. We already know that that the PSX build wasn't the final build so I'm still holding out hope.

Obviously she still has the cr.lp xx stuff combo but it not being her 3-frame option alone makes a big difference to me.
Her st lk is 5f, that's about as nerfed as it got. Aa still fine just kills some punishes and combos

remz

Ive been unable to access the SFV server all night here in Sydney. Its so shit.

Today has been particularly bad I think. I'm also in Aus, I got kicked off around lunch and have been having laggy as fuck games ever since.

Shame because I wanted to get some games in this weekend. :|

Mr. X

StLK kicks above her head, it would be weird if it didn't have a hitbox there. They probably increased its hurtbox. At 5f it's slower.

Changing it to 5f isn't really a nerf. Zangief's Jab AA is 7f and annoying to deal with. I'm worry about if Capcom will balance both the Jump in and normal AAs. Some characters don't have the pleasure to get a free jump in like Ryu or Mika. If nothing is change then Jab AA will still be strong against certain characters a long with the attended AA normal.

I just want the hurtbox to be more tighter in general.

giphy.gif

Same.

I need my boy so I can get off this horrible Urien rollercoaster I've convinced myself I could ride.
Why's it horrible though?

He's a great character and certainly stays true to his SF 3s iteration.

EDIT: Or do you just not like him as much you thought you would?

Felt like dabbling into Ranked again this past week:

hbnwdw.png

Lots of people there really aren't comfortable fighting Dhalsim; plenty of crazy hail Mary stunts going on to almost ridiculous degrees. Stark contrast with the (similarly ranked) opponents I get paired up with in Casual Matches, where (anecdotal as it may sound) said players usually have a much better grasp on fundamentals one way or the other as well as their overall composure. It's either understandable match-up unfamiliarity, or on average the Month 2 Gold player worked his way up to that tier nowadays.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, it's super weird but Ranked is way more YOLO than casual. I think people playing casual are more interested in learning, maybe?

I think we've played before, too.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What's the problem with that gif? Your hurtbox extends if you press a button while neutral jumping. That's intended. Wouldn't work with just a neutral jump.

Why's it horrible though?

He's a great character and certainly stays true to his SF 3s iteration.

EDIT: Or do you just not like him as much you thought you would?

More so the charging that's getting me. I plan to cycle between four characters and he'll probably always be on that list but I just can't grasp his play style like I thought I could. He's still great just not in my hands lol

Changing it to 5f isn't really a nerf. Zangief's Jab AA is 7f and annoying to deal with. I'm worry about if Capcom will balance both the Jump in and normal AAs. Some characters don't have the pleasure to get a free jump in like Ryu or Mika. If nothing is change then Jab AA will still be strong against certain characters a long with the attended AA normal.

Gief's jab AA is 5f not 7f. And yeah it's still really good which makes that particular "nerf" to Chun-Li negligible. And in that gif you clearly came down with hk because I'm assuming you were baiting an elbow slash. If you hadn't you probably wouldn't have been hit with Alex's cr.hp.

mbpm1

giphy.gif

You pressed a button way high up and half screen away so there was no longer a hurtbox by the time alex used his shoulder. also you used the flip kick attack which has almost no hitbox to hit people on the ground

basic hitbox knowledge in any fighting game

JayEH

ZG continues to entertain lol.

Anyway anybody remember how Capcom said there would be a proper rage quit "early next year". Hope they didn't forget about that like extra battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom