• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spman2099

Mika
- Corner bounce for Passion Rope now only triggers when hit character is on the last 20% of either side of the stage. No longer work on mid-screen.
- V-Reversal hits more consistantly
- standing and back throw stun reduced by 25
- Startup for V-Skill is reduced dramatically
- Hitbox fix for LP

If they make her V-Skill more useful that would be great. I think it would justify some nerfs to the Passion Rope. That being said, it could be extremely dangerous. Make it too fast and that would be a HUGE buff.

It is going to be really interesting to see what they do with her. I am worried they are going to destroy her.

Ryce

They would have said something if it was in this update.
Lots of stuff has been secretly included in patches weeks before their official release (most of the costumes, for instance). I doubt Extra Battle will be playable today, but the data could still be included in the patch.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, I just played a match. The servers are up.

There is no slant to this stage, ppl are being fooled by the wing narrowing, the stage itself is perfectly level
No, there's a slight tilt. Put your fingers on it on video when they're on the edge of it.

edit: Just played on the new stage. Seems fine.
Also, I'm free to Ibuki.

Maybe we should keep the balancing to characters we're actually familiar with.

I play against a Vega locally pretty frequently. I just spaced that HP and f+HP are different moves. The buff I wanted for it stands. The hitbox doesn't quite reach the end of the animation and the damage could be ever so slightly higher on it.

No, there's a slight tilt. Put your fingers on it on video when they're on the edge of it.

edit: Just played on the new stage. Seems fine.
Also, I'm free to Ibuki.

Doubt it, just the perspective of the camera changing as the characters move, they aren't actually walking on the wing (or any stage), but on a flat collision surface.

Just played the stage and no way this gets tournament legal lol. The background just becomes too distracting if you try to play Footsies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Alex is such a 50/50 character, I wouldn't know what to do about him, honestly. One could argue that the st.lp is too strong but then he would probably need something else.

edit: The 40006 errors seem to be gone. But I also had two really rollbacky 5 bar matches out of four total.

meerak

I think it's the largest in-game update yet. There HAS to be more than just the stage with this update.

I spent like 7-8 sets against a Vega player trying to figure out how to punish that move, before I realized that I can't punish it when done spaced well so I should just go for better positioning or drop a trap.

Yeah, well spaced it's very tricky!

As F.A.N.G (and I'm not good with that character, so grain of salt etc) you should be unleashing the poison balls and traps on Vega like no tomorrow and really don't give him a chance to poke you like that.

Traps especially do good work I think on a mover like Vega.

If you time it right you may be able to counter poke with that b/f HP ? Or slither? (sorry, whatever that move is called)

Sigmaah

All I want for vega is either some sort of reversal or make his v reversal be able to go in both directions and not just one.

It's just so annoying losing the match cause of one mistake, get knockdowned, endless pressure, no way to get them off of me but they can get me off of them anytime.

Oh wait I have a 3 frame

SIKE GET CC'D

Also ffs his cc hk sucks ass. Make that shit hit crouching opponents, I know it doesn't look like it should but I can't even cc some characters who have low 3 frame wake up jabs. Shit I can't even get it with ppl standing.

His f+hp cc sucks too, I usually can never get anything out of it besides slide which half the time I'm not in the range for. Plus if it gets blocked I get punished from a mile away.

For a long range normals character, vega sure sucks at it imo.

Holy shit, just ran into a super platinum birdie player who I've literally never encountered before and this happened at 3 am on a fucking Wednesday.

I thought I was the highest ranked player in my country.

I'm higher than him now though cause I knocked him back down lol.

EDIT: Also, S U P E R P L A T I N U M B O Y S

EDIT2: mystery solved, he's not in Pakistan but he may have been born/raised here. Cause if he was no way there'd be rollback like there is currently

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know what might actually be a problem with this stage? The colors/lighting. You're looking directly into the sun at one point.

Well yeah I guess if any (relatively) new player wanna fite me, PSN = Gaf name

It sucks getting bodied by good players, but try to use it as a learning experience. Like, what each character can do and your own bad habits that get you rekted

Are you playing Ranked, or Casual?

I play ranked. The problem is that when I first got the game, I'd win about 50% of my matches in ranked. Maybe a little less. But at least all the matches were close. Now when I play, my opponents are ranked WAY higher and are clearly above my pay grade. I never get anyone in my own league. Are there no bronze players left online?

Does v-trigger activation count for the damage scaling?
Because I'm doing this combo with necalli and I'm confused about what's happening.

cc stHK, vtrig, stHP, hk stomp, super, 492 damage 60% scaling
vtrig, cc stHK, stHP, hk stomp, super, 551 damage 70% scaling

Even if you do another stHK after the first and then vtrig, scaling after the trigger is harsher and you can't reach the damage of the non vtrigger combo.

Because I'm doing this combo with necalli and I'm confused about what's happening.

Even if you do another stHK after the first and then vtrig, scaling after the trigger is harsher and you can't reach the damage of the non vtrigger combo.
vtrigger activation counts as a move and thus takes 10%

Yeah doing a vtrigger cancel combo does mad damage scaling reduction. I was messing around with Alex and was doing Cr.HPxVtriggerxcr.HPxVtriggerxEX DP, and the scaling was drastically reduced after doing the vtrigger cancel into another Cr.HP

Crayon

I play ranked. The problem is that when I first got the game, I'd win about 50% of my matches in ranked. Maybe a little less. But at least all the matches were close. Now when I play, my opponents are ranked WAY higher and are clearly above my pay grade. I never get anyone in my own league. Are there no bronze players left online?

I'm bronze. I find lots of matches at my level. We should play together sometime.

Lots of stuff has been secretly included in patches weeks before their official release (most of the costumes, for instance). I doubt Extra Battle will be playable today, but the data could still be included in the patch.

Ahh I see m. Waiting on our boy to scrub through it!

Aenima

There is no slant to this stage, ppl are being fooled by the wing narrowing, the stage itself is perfectly level

It tilts the floor slight when the plane turns. And because of that, thers a big chance they gonna ban this stage from tornaments too.

It tilts the floor slight when the plane turns. And because of that, thers a big chance they gonna ban this stage from tornaments too.

The floor stays still, believe me. The camera just makes it REALLY seem like the stage is tilting though.

Great for casual play, not good for serious tournaments.

Soooo no Akuma character model or anything major like that so far... no new costumes. Just the dubai stage, halloween stage, and CPT stage.

Odd there's some story mode changes... specifically chapter 1, scene 002 and chapter 4, scene 010 have updated files.

So nothing obvious, but deeper dives might find audio files, debug stuff, etc...

Gren

Is the stage really that distracting? Unlike Kanzuki Beach, it doesn't really affect me. But if it does throw folks off, I'll refrain from choosing it online, just out of common courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom