• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

The floor stays still, believe me. The camera just makes it REALLY seem like the stage is tilting though.

Great for casual play, not good for serious tournaments.

Yeah, i stand correct. Just traced an horizontal line, and the floor (wings) is perfect still. Was just optical illusion.
Still not sure how tornament organizers going to receive it. Its not like the beach stage where the waves can hide certain things, is just a constant moving background but gameplay wise dont have any negative effect. Only thing ppl can say is that the movent is too distracting.

Btw in this video show a longer "travel" of the stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzpmbsnNMpQ

Is the stage really that distracting? Unlike Kanzuki Beach, it doesn't really affect me. But if it does throw folks off, I'll refrain from choosing it online, just out of common courtesy.
tbh, it's not that bad when you're actually playing but i can still see why pro players might not want to play on it.

I'm so glad our best player is a Guile/Mika player. I'm getting so tired of all these Ryus and Nashs flooding the top 8s, seeing NuckleDu and RB was a breath of fresh air.

It would be pretty noticeable if the plane moved at 30 fps, it would be shimmering under your feet, trying to catch up with the 60fps engine.

Is the stage really that distracting? Unlike Kanzuki Beach, it doesn't really affect me. But if it does throw folks off, I'll refrain from choosing it online, just out of common courtesy.

Two pro players (ChrisG and KBrad) just played a first to 10 on it, and they never changed to a different stage:
http://twitch.tv/esl

I think there's a lot of exaggeration and meme-ery going around. Once you're playing and concentrating, it's really not an issue.

Soooo no Akuma character model or anything major like that so far... no new costumes. Just the dubai stage, halloween stage, and CPT stage.

Odd there's some story mode changes... specifically chapter 1, scene 002 and chapter 4, scene 010 have updated files.

So nothing obvious, but deeper dives might find audio files, debug stuff, etc...

Damn :(

Shadoken

I'm so glad our best player is a Guile/Mika player. I'm getting so tired of all these Ryus and Nashs flooding the top 8s, seeing NuckleDu and RB was a breath of fresh air.

I thought Ryu and Nash have the least representation among the top tiers? Isnt Capcom Cup filled with Chuns, Kens and Necallis?

Filter

Far out the music in the new stage sux a balls.
4 lines repeated over and over forever by people with speech impediments.
Kind of hard to make out what they are saying. "Do you see my hands are shaking, do you feel my balls are sweaty"

Skab

Far out the music in the new stage sux a balls.
4 lines repeated over and over forever by people with speech impediments.
Kind of hard to make out what they are saying. "Do you see my hands are shaking, do you feel my balls are sweaty"

What am I reading

pizzacat

Banned
Alex buffs

Give ex elbow air properties, if uriens tackle can I should too fuck that

Make his cr hp hit after j hk easier (as easy as Urien can or make uriens harder)

Make crmp connect to flash chop

Make his stomp and stun gun actual moves pls

Basically make him Urien thanks in advance

emag

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223607655]Instead of going through the win quote screen then points screen etc, just make it all one screen so you can get back into matches more quickly.[/QUOTE]

How about making rematch/cancel NOT a single-button toggle, instead using 'A' (cross) to agree and 'B' (circle) to cancel? Same deal with ready status in lobbies, of course.

Spman2099

Alex buffs

Make his cr hp hit after j hk easier (as easy as Urien can or make uriens harder)

I think the headbutt could cause more stun to make it more worthwhile. The stomp could use a better hitbox on the way down.

Also, please have him headbutt multiple times when you hit with the EX. I know it is purely aesthetic, but I would love to see it look like his Third Strike super when it hits in EX form.

remz

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223607655]Instead of going through the win quote screen then points screen etc, just make it all one screen so you can get back into matches more quickly.[/QUOTE]

I actually think this is an awesome idea and they definitely should do it.

Tripon

Alex buffs

Uninstall Alex in the game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Alex buffs

Sounds like you really just want to play urien.

Damn this new stage theme is awesome. Too bad we will have to settle with listening to some trash character theme that doesn't match the stage if we play casual/ranked.

Man i love the new stage but one of my friends get motion sickness playing on it lol.
Time to start back playing some SF , put down for short while to play KOF but time to play both now.

All I want for vega is either some sort of reversal or make his v reversal be able to go in both directions and not just one.

It's just so annoying losing the match cause of one mistake, get knockdowned, endless pressure, no way to get them off of me but they can get me off of them anytime.

Oh wait I have a 3 frame

SIKE GET CC'D

Also ffs his cc hk sucks ass. Make that shit hit crouching opponents, I know it doesn't look like it should but I can't even cc some characters who have low 3 frame wake up jabs. Shit I can't even get it with ppl standing.

His f+hp cc sucks too, I usually can never get anything out of it besides slide which half the time I'm not in the range for. Plus if it gets blocked I get punished from a mile away.

For a long range normals character, vega sure sucks at it imo.

I actually kind of think that Vega is enormously overrated and that he gets a lot of wins, even at the pro level, based on player ignorance of his mechanics. See, for instance, Nemo's shenanigans:

https://twitter.com/kitsunecass/status/796134376887226369

In any case, Vega's AA sucks, his damage is mediocre (and meter dependent) and his combos have consistency problems due to the fact that all of the highest damage ones miss on crouching opponents and his CT is range dependent so you can't even confirm it out of his clawless medium pokes half the time. His v-reversal is probably the worst one in the game and makes several match-ups bizarrely lopsided in his opponent's favour (see: Laura).

A single reliable AA would go a long way towards fixing Vega's defensive problems, but his AAs have always been mediocre since SF2 so I'm not holding my breath.

Aenima

Man i love the new stage but one of my friends get motion sickness playing on it lol.
Time to start back playing some SF , put down for short while to play KOF but time to play both now.

Lol, it actually came to my mind that motion sickness could affect some ppl in that stage. Would be so much better if they did a grounded Dubai stage instead of the constant moving and tilting backgroud. I play Rashid and wanted a Dubai stage, but not gonna spend FM in that one.
Will probably use the FM for the Akuma stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom