• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Orz

Man this stage is cool. We need a train stage or one of those water raft stages.

About that...

Australia: Freight Train
bostustage1_01.jpg

"Look at all those animals! We had this idea that the train would be moving, so the background would constantly change. But you know... we didn't have an Australian character, so... cut!"

Since they seemed to have figured out how to deal with a background that's constantly changing, I'd like to think there's still hope. Now we just need an Australian character...

FluxWaveZ

I'd appreciate it if anyone had any piece of advice for my Guile's showing at this week's local:

1. Guile vs. Cammy
2. Guile vs. Juri
3. Guile vs. Vega

Very disappointed in my performance with him today. I still have everything to improve; I'm terrible at knowing when to throw a fireball, terrible at looking for the jumps, and terrible at zoning them out in general with proper buttons.

I'd appreciate it if anyone had any piece of advice for my Guile's showing at this week's local:

1. Guile vs. Cammy
2. Guile vs. Juri
3. Guile vs. Vega

Very disappointed in my performance with him today. I still have everything to improve; I'm terrible at knowing when to throw a fireball, terrible at looking for the jumps, and terrible at zoning them out in general with proper buttons.
You were going for dash up grab WAY too many times. You were trying to play it way more offensive than the matchup demands.

I gotta say, have you considered playing Nash? Because it seemed like you were playing him exactly like Nash and I imagine that would go well for you since you seem to enjoy mobile and grounded characters with your pick of Mika and Balrog.

Also ,WHAT THE SHIT AMERICA? I just woke up to hearing Trump could actually take this?

EDIT: He actually won? Holy crap.

myco666

So new stage is hard to play in? New default stage for ranked then.

Also ,WHAT THE SHIT AMERICA? I just woke up to hearing Trump could actually take this?

Aren't democrats demanding a recount? Looks pretty bad currently though.

Zackat

You were going for dash up grab WAY too many times. You were trying to play it way more offensive than the matchup demands.

I gotta say, have you considered playing Nash? Because it seemed like you were playing him exactly like Nash and I imagine that would go well for you since you seem to enjoy mobile and grounded characters with your pick of Mika and Balrog.

pissed off rural white people, tired of being called stupid and racist and all that, finally rose up.

and democrats didn't turn out.

The moratorium on this is going to be real.

JayEH

pissed off rural white people, tired of being called stupid and racist and all that, finally rose up.

and democrats didn't turn out.

The moratorium on this is going to be real.

#RiseUp was actually a subliminal message from capcom?

Mizerman

He basically had enough rural white voter to turn out for him and erased the early vote advantage democrats had. Plus, low turnout from democrats.

Zackat

#RiseUp was actually a subliminal message from capcom?
lol but this game is bomba.
He basically had enough rural white voter to turn out for him and erased the early vote advantage democrats had. Plus, low turnout from democrats.

depressing as fuck. I went and talked to my mom about it (she's a republican), and she says she doesn't think half the stuff he said he would do will come to fruition. they own the whole damn government now..... anyways. enough poligaf in the streetfighter thread.

FluxWaveZ

You're right, that must be a habit from playing Mika and wanting to be up close to the opponent when I get the knock down. I need to remember that Guile actually has good mid-range tools and that those are what I need to use to keep the distance, even when I land a knock down.

I have considered Nash, actually. Never actually thought about his mobility, and how that's in line with the characters I lean towards. Interesting... Thanks.

Hubb

Just ran in to the same person 4 times in casual.

Happens every once in awhile. The other day I played 15 casual matches and played the same 3 people for all 15 matches.

Granted I do narrow my search possibilities to 5 bar only, but I live near a pretty big city.

Moaradin

Guile is such a terrible matchup for Urien. Lost so much points from constantly getting the same Guile over and over again. Have no idea how to approach that matchup. He just seems to shut down every option =/

LakeEarth

It's very tough for me too. I get some mileage by faking a heavy rising knee, doing a light rising knee move instead, their flash kick whiffs and I get a crush counter on recovery. But that trick only works once a set.

I don't know if it is his worse matchup, but it definitely feels like it.

Skilletor

Happens every once in awhile. The other day I played 15 casual matches and played the same 3 people for all 15 matches.

Granted I do narrow my search possibilities to 5 bar only, but I live near a pretty big city.

Oh yeah, it was late and the voting night. Just thought it was funny.

Also, I he was hella outplaying me so I lost a bunch. :(

Aenima

About that...

Since they seemed to have figured out how to deal with a background that's constantly changing, I'd like to think there's still hope. Now we just need an Australian character...

Thers a New Zealand stage, but thers no character from New Zealand, so i dont think thats a reason not to do an Australia Stage

Ryce

Thers a New Zealand stage, but thers no character from New Zealand, so i dont think thats a reason not to do an Australia Stage
Forgotten Waterfall is essentially a Nash/Illuminati stage, so it fits within the context of the story. The Australian freight train depicted in the concept art wouldn't have any connection to the characters in the game, unless it was repurposed into a Shadaloo train or something.

Sigmaah

I actually kind of think that Vega is enormously overrated and that he gets a lot of wins, even at the pro level, based on player ignorance of his mechanics. See, for instance, Nemo's shenanigans:

https://twitter.com/kitsunecass/status/796134376887226369

In any case, Vega's AA sucks, his damage is mediocre (and meter dependent) and his combos have consistency problems due to the fact that all of the highest damage ones miss on crouching opponents and his CT is range dependent so you can't even confirm it out of his clawless medium pokes half the time. His v-reversal is probably the worst one in the game and makes several match-ups bizarrely lopsided in his opponent's favour (see: Laura).

A single reliable AA would go a long way towards fixing Vega's defensive problems, but his AAs have always been mediocre since SF2 so I'm not holding my breath.

Couldn't agree with you more my man. Especially about how his confirms missing half the time lmao.

Vega isn't all that good when you really look into it. Let's just pray they do him right in the balance patch

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223805574]Necalli is a Maori/Aztec design hybrid.[/QUOTE]
He's a rock person to uriens pillar men in my eyes :[

I think it's the same place, look at some of the details (hi-res):

edit:
The ornament next to FANG's elbow is the exact same in both pictures.

unbenannt61osum.png

unbenannt7cos9n.png
Hot damn, you may be right. That actually got me a little more hyped, seeing it actually rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom