• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Ibuki can chain c.lk into c.lp now, and since c.lp is +4 on hit now she can combo into ex.kunai. Light confirms yaaaas don't walk back thx

She's looking 👌

street%2Bfighter%2Bv%2Bbirdie.jpg

Red Bull 5G Finals start in 2 hours. It's basically an East Japan vs West Japan competition where players had to qualify for. Daigo and Bonchan won the East Japan qualifier. Pugera and Gachikun won the West Japan qualifier. I'm not sure when SFV starts up though. Red Bull 5G will also have Rocket League, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc... there too.

twitch.tv/redbulljapan

Glad antiairs are getting better. I raged so many times trying to anti-air ryu and mika only to take a full jump in combo... At best I traded lol..

mbpm1

Red Bull 5G Finals start in 2 hours. It's basically an East Japan vs West Japan competition where players had to qualify for. Daigo and Bonchan won the East Japan qualifier. Pugera and Gachikun won the West Japan qualifier. I'm not sure when SFV starts up though. Red Bull 5G will also have Rocket League, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc... there too.

twitch.tv/redbulljapan

Who cares about these scrubs, where's imstilldadaddy :p

A couple more Guile changes I noticed that I posted about over in the Season 2 changes thread on Gaming side:

s.HP, c.MP, Flash Kick seems to always hit the second hitbox of the Flash Kick when outside of the corner. This means the damage is reduced or 206 from 230, or down from 294 to 273 started with a j.HP/HK, and it can't be cancelled into super.

Due to the increased pushback on c.MP, Guile can now combo s.HP, c.MP, LP Boom, Backfist outside of the corner. With a j.HP/HK, this is 306 meterless damage, 245 without the jump in. Not too shabby.

Finally able to complete some trials. Basically the ones that don't require me to super in at the end of a long string. I have one more for Alex that I just can't beat, and I'm hovering around 2 or 3 for other characters.

He's in the venue spectating. Didn't he say he might play them after? I'm hype for puyo puyo tetris and my boy Daigo.

edit: Looks like the stream just went up.

twitch.tv/redbulljapan

What he said when he was drunk may or may not have been correct.

How does that dude still have a job after that lul

Wallach

Crossposting from SRK some Bison shit I was messing with tonight:

Wallach said:
Thinking more about the new juggle point on Psycho Axe, a new alternative optimal 1 bar combo off CC s.HK would be: s.HK, s.HP xx EX Psycho Blast, df.HP (313D, 500S). If you have a stored V-Skill, you can add it after the EX Psycho Blast and still connect df.HP (361D, 595S).

Double Edit - Actually this is more useful than I thought because it leads to a perfect s.HP meaty timing off the df.HP knockdown if they quick rise. This means that in the corner you also have enough time (and are close enough) for a meaty s.HK that will beat 3f jabs which will loop back into the same combo if it CCs (which nobody in the roster can take without a guaranteed stun).

Triple Edit BONUS ROUND - Shit this works even midscreen. You just have to time it but there is enough advantage to meaty s.HK and crush 3f jabs.

I like this CC option a lot because it works off CCs from s.HK or df.HP thanks to s.HP's reach (you just may need to time the df.HP juggle a bit later if your df.HP CC starter was near the edge of s.HP's reach). You can't get close enough for a s.HK meaty on quickrise at those ranges but s.HP meaty is still mashable against quickrise normals (though obviously backrise will get out of this setup unless they are in the corner).

Honestly ShinMaruku, I'd feel like you'd have a much better go of it if you just learned some combos.

You were getting a lot of good damage opportunities but you just opted for throws instead.

EDIT: That low fireball and v-skill setup on their wakeup was nice.

Edzi

Honestly ShinMaruku, I'd feel like you'd have a much better go of it if you just learned some combos.

You were getting a lot of good damage opportunities but you just opted for throws instead.

EDIT: That low fireball and v-skill setup on their wakeup was nice.

Shin just plays for the boobs man.

leroidys

Finally able to complete some trials. Basically the ones that don't require me to super in at the end of a long string. I have one more for Alex that I just can't beat, and I'm hovering around 2 or 3 for other characters.

What he said when he was drunk may or may not have been correct.

How does that dude still have a job after that lul

I just went through the Alex ones this week, maybe I can help. Which one are you having troubles with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom