• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

looks like ibuki dash is 1 frame faster in s2, so:

after sweep, if opponent quicktechs, dash s.mp to beat 3fr normals
explains raida and ex kunai advantage change to +1 from previous

also, s.hk CC now lets you combo dash up s.mk for mad damage
also, if you ex kunai, hk.cmd dash, j.lpxxj.mk tc you can now regular dash under for ambiguous crossunder and get meaty s.mk to combo s.mk, s.mk, s.lk xx raida if you stay in front. if you're in the back, just s.mk, s.mp, s.lk

her combos and oki looks significantly better, basically

I was aware even when I typed that post that you are both right. They really gotta learn how to keep the genie in the bottle already, though. I probably wouldn't be so antsy if there were a comprehensive list of Alex changes like Birdie and many others have gotten.

I thought I saw some changes but basically let him a little untouched since his oki game is better due to the throws being changed iirc.

Skilletor

What's up Skilletor! Waiting on this-here Season 2! =)

Josan says, "Horse shit." :p

Leave it to a Millia player to emphasize setplay in SF. I do think most of these changes resets the neutral more often, though.

AAs getting serious buffs/juggle states is great and one of the biggest changes I wanted.

LakeEarth

Hmm, Aegis Reflector doesn't reflect Guile's super for some reason. A Guile activated super into my Aegis, and I assumed it would be 'mine' so I jumped right into it and got hit.

It'll reflect Ryu's super, and Dhalsims super, even Rashid's vtrigger, but not that, apparently.

Pfffff they actually reduced the damage on his CA? That's hilarious. I wonder what the internal justification for that change was.

When CA damage is reduced like that, it's often because the character was given more damaging/easier ways to combo into it.

Cr.lp now combos into lp chop.
F+hp now links to st.mp.

Both of these lead to either more damaging hit confirms into CA, and/or more frequent/easier hit confirms into CA.

They balanced improved functionality and overall damage with slightly less CA damage. Overall, the buffs outweigh the slight nerf.

JayEH

Hmm, Aegis Reflector doesn't reflect Guile's super for some reason. A Guile activated super into my Aegis, and I assumed it would be 'mine' so I jumped right into it and got hit.

It'll reflect Ryu's super, and Dhalsims super, even Rashid's vtrigger, but not that, apparently.

Can't reflect freedom.

When CA damage is reduced like that, it's often because the character was given more damaging/easier ways to combo into it.

Cr.lp now combos into lp chop.
F+hp now links to st.mp.

Both of these lead to either more damaging hit confirms into CA, and/or more frequent/easier hit confirms into CA.

They balanced improved functionality and overall damage with slightly less CA damage. Overall, the buffs outweigh the slight nerf.
Yep

Same reason why I didn't flip my lid when I saw the harsh damage nerf on his air knee strike. If the changes hold true it will rarely get stuffed anymore and it'll almost always follow cr.HP AA, so we'll be seeing a lot more AKS usage more often. Not sure what the +3 active frames on stomp are supposed to mean, though. I can only assume it means an air hitbox. Those headbutt recovery buffs are also nuts.

Some Guile changes I'm seeing:

Sonic Boom is +7/+2, 60 damage, from +8/+1, 50 damage.

EX booms are +4 on block. This is pretty big.

Sweep appears to be 7f startup now.

All HPs are 8f startup. c.HP is -4 on block. s.HP is still -4 on block.

s.MP appears to be +6/+2 now, from +5/+3.

Upside Down Kick is +6 on hit, appears unchanged on block (-1). Counter hit UDK into s.HP, c.MP, Boom/FK is not corner-specific.

s.HK is +2 on hit. Seems to still be -3 on block.

s.LK looks like it's a 4f startup, now.

Some Guile changes I'm seeing:

Sonic Boom is +7/+2, 60 damage, from +8/+1, 50 damage.

EX booms are +4 on block. This is pretty big.

Sweep appears to be 7f startup now.

All HPs are 8f startup. c.HP is -4 on block. s.HP is still -4 on block.

s.MP appears to be +6/+2 now, from +5/+3.

Upside Down Kick is +6 on hit, appears unchanged on block (-1). Counter hit UDK into s.HP, c.MP, Boom/FK is not corner-specific.

s.HK is +2 on hit. Seems to still be -3 on block.

s.LK looks like it's a 4f startup, now.

EX booms have always been +4 on block right? I wonder if booms will still be +10 while in trigger or if they adjusted that.

Really happy with the UDK frame advantage change. Going to be nice to have it be useful again.

Standing short being 4f is also a nice touch too.

I hope these changes stay.

EX booms have always been +4 on block right? I wonder if booms will still be +10 while in trigger or if they adjusted that.

Really happy with the UDK frame advantage change. Going to be nice to have it be useful again.

Standing short being 4f is also a nice touch too.

I hope these changes stay.

EX booms are +1 according to the FAT app, but it could be wrong. Looks like Booms aren'the +10 in VT and stay at +7.

FluxWaveZ

Jesus am I just ass with Birdie or is Birdie-Guile one of the worst MUs in the game?

I think Birdie does pretty well against Guile. A well timed Bull Revenger is very good at discouraging Sonic Boom spam, which in turn gives Birdie room to use V-Skill, which gives the pace advantage to Birdie. His chain grab does the same.

I think Birdie does pretty well against Guile. A well timed Bull Revenger is very good at discouraging Sonic Boom spam, which in turn gives Birdie room to use V-Skill, which gives the pace advantage to Birdie. His chain grab does the same.

Birdie can't get in tho. Bull Revenger is too slow to catch a boom on reaction.

mbpm1

The cards seem pretty stacked against Birdie. He needs to predict everything Guile does to land those things.

Except for his slide, that's his tool in the matchup i think.

Mr. X

I don't play Birdie or Guile, but my assumption is he wants to be in a range where a pretty great normal Birdie has deters Guile from looking to throw booms and catch limbs until he has him cornered. EX Dolphin throw here and there?

kirblar

fuck that's rad. evidence of juri being an s2 character in s1 intensifies... she has one of these combos already
The later characters being worse than the early ones in S1 because partway through the betas they decided to lower damage/stun output across the board seems to have been what happened. The early characters got notched down some- but not enough to compensate for starting at a higher level.

Wallach

There seems to be a lot more air juggle options in S2 for sure. Bison also gained some options off Hell Attack that were not possible before (stuff like Hell Attack, EX Blast, Psycho Axe with pressure). You can also combo a stored V-Skill charge off Hell Attack into M DKP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom