• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went through the Alex ones this week, maybe I can help. Which one are you having troubles with?

Ah fuck I forgot the number.

The one with the divekick move into three normals, the L chop, then super.

It's the super I can't get out fast enough after hitting them with the chop.

I've always had big issues getting out a super in the middle of a longer combo. Two hits is just fine, but anything after that and I can't buffer it for some reason.

Literally only thing stopping me from getting Akuma right now with FM.

Ah fuck I forgot the number.

The one with the divekick move into three normals, the L chop, then super.

It's the super I can't get out fast enough after hitting them with the chop.

I've always had big issues getting out a super in the middle of a longer combo. Two hits is just fine, but anything after that and I can't buffer it for some reason.

Literally only thing stopping me from getting Akuma right now with FM.
Try to use the chop as the first qcf for the super.

So instead of doing a total of 3 qcfs, do 1 to do the chop then another one to do the follow up super.

Qvoth

why is it not listed under sf5 on twitch
wtzgU.gif

tragic

Developer
Bison:

CC HK, HP > QCF+HP, bf+LP (306 dmg, 505 stun)
CC HK, df+HP, c.MP > V-Skill FB, df+HP (320 dmg, 555 stun)
CC HK, df+HP, c.MP > V-Skill FB, QCB+PP (356 dmg, 555 stun)

AA jump MP, land, jump MP-MP, land, df+HP (207 dmg, 335 stun)
AA jump MP, land, jump MP-MP, land, V-Skill FB, df+HP (255 dmg, 390 stun)
AA jump MP, land, jump MP-MP, land, QCB+HP > Super (411 dmg, 314 stun)

crossup MK, MP-df+HP > VT, HP > B,F+HK(1-hit) - Super (408 dmg, 401 stun)

Not all are new. Just testing damages.

A couple more Guile changes I noticed that I posted about over in the Season 2 changes thread on Gaming side:

s.HP, c.MP, Flash Kick seems to always hit the second hitbox of the Flash Kick when outside of the corner. This means the damage is reduced or 206 from 230, or down from 294 to 273 started with a j.HP/HK, and it can't be cancelled into super.

Due to the increased pushback on c.MP, Guile can now combo s.HP, c.MP, LP Boom, Backfist outside of the corner. With a j.HP/HK, this is 306 meterless damage, 245 without the jump in. Not too shabby.

So that gives you a choice of less damage with knock down or more damage with no knock down.

Not bad i guess. To be fair the damage from j.hp s.hp cr.mp flash kick was kinda amazing.

tragic

Developer
Guile, in corner:

CC c.HP, LK Flash Kick, LK Flash Kick > Hurricane (509 dmg, 520 stun).

Pretty easy to get double LK Flash Kicks off c.HP CC. Also seems easy to get standard df+HK, Flash Kick midscreen. Easier than old HP CC I think.

Wallach

Bison:
AA jump MP, land, jump MP-MP, land, df+HP (207 dmg, 335 stun)
AA jump MP, land, jump MP-MP, land, V-Skill FB, df+HP (255 dmg, 390 stun)

For the first one here, you can fit an EX Blast in here before the df.HP. You can do it on the second one too (before the stocked V-Skill) but it requires you to be in the corner to reach for the df.HP.

Edit - didn't see this mentioned anywhere but Bison's c.MP is now +1 oB rather than 0.

So the blog update is most likely coming tomorrow, right?

Cause they do need to announce the server maintenance that needs to take place alongside the update.

Don't think I've ever been so interested/excited for a games patch notes lol.

The only game that used to get me excited over patch notes was Dota 2.

Now SF5 has taken over that role.

It's almost a bit ironic that the most game-changing patch Dota 2 has gotten in years, comes at a time when I've stopped playing it lol.

jett

D-Member
Red Bull 5G Finals start in 2 hours. It's basically an East Japan vs West Japan competition where players had to qualify for. Daigo and Bonchan won the East Japan qualifier. Pugera and Gachikun won the West Japan qualifier. I'm not sure when SFV starts up though. Red Bull 5G will also have Rocket League, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc... there too.

twitch.tv/redbulljapan

Daigo was like a deer in headlights getting run over by the rashidomobile. Seemed so lost, had no idea what he was doing.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
For the first one here, you can fit an EX Blast in here before the df.HP. You can do it on the second one too (before the stocked V-Skill) but it requires you to be in the corner to reach for the df.HP.

Edit - didn't see this mentioned anywhere but Bison's c.MP is now +1 oB rather than 0.

Can he follow up a non ex devils reverse with a psycho axe?

Daigo was like a deer in headlights getting run over by the rashidomobile. Seemed so lost, had no idea what he was doing.

Likely when he speaks about having trouble with Rashid, it's due to Gachikun. He makes John Takeuchi look free, but Gachikun is different. Not sure if it's just due to style or Gachikun is just that much better than John.

Mago vs Tokido FT10 coming up in 30 minutes. It's for bragging rights. I think that's why Mago played Daigo a lot recently.
https://www.openrec.tv/live/topangatv

I hope that one day Capcom decides to make the framedata acessible through the game in the command list/training mode. Would make lives so much easier since literally everybody can access framedata through their phones/tablets/laptops anyway so it's just a QoL thing at this point.

jett

D-Member
Likely when he speaks about having trouble with Rashid, it's due to Gachikun. He makes John Takeuchi look free, but Gachikun is different. Not sure if it's just due to style or Gachikun is just that much better than John.

Hmm maybe!

Mago vs Tokido FT10 coming up in 30 minutes. It's for bragging rights. I think that's why Mago played Daigo a lot recently.
https://www.openrec.tv/live/topangatv

That was free.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

jett

D-Member
It really reinforces how lame Zangief''s is.

I was gonna mention that too. Gotta be the worst one in the entire game by far. No effort put into it at all.

I guess the round is never over if you're fighting Akuma: https://twitter.com/FGC_Tali/status/810376950539755520

Some of these actually look better this way. And you can see the anti-aliasing(?) problem here pretty well, too. I hate that effect. Watch the training mode lines around where movement happens.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Some SF4 supers were pretty minimalist as well, but almost all of them had great follow through, so they could actually work well even in a non-cinematic mode. SFV supers look pretty barebones and visually disjointed in comparison with the attackers constantly disappearing and reappearing in the most random places. Not to mention the invisible walls like the ones in Laura's CA.

Sayad

Some of these actually look better this way. And you can see the anti-aliasing(?) problem here pretty well, too. I hate that effect. Watch the training mode lines around where movement happens.
Are you talking about the ghosting the characters leave behind while moving?! I think that's mostly youtube compression!

Pompadour

Well, I finally beat Extreme Survival using the Urien method and I Platinum'd SFV. I think this was my 6th attempt at that shitty difficulty.

vg260

Ucchedavāda;226800910 said:
Ouch.
How long did that take you?

I don't recall. I kinda went in expecting to lose early. I was watching some stuff in the background so it wasnt a total loss. Still, 100 rounds is ridiculous. I still can't believe someone OK'd that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom