• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bamboe starts to activate the lag switch every time he's in a dizzy state. And after loosing he refuses to do a rematch when he accepted them after he wins.

Agree with you guys. Leaks can certainly create some hype on their own but a good ol' fashioned reveal is always preferred.

Yeah, Akuma's reveal would be much less cool if we knew about him beforehand.

Last night, all I did during the election results was just play ranked (poorly btw) while blaring my edgy childhood Spotify playlist, full of System of a Down and The Offspring lol

Marvel

could never
Yeah leaks can spoil the fun sometimes, Akuma was such a nice surprise.

I wanna pop off when OUTTA NOWHERE Dan gets revealed lol

Last night, all I did during the election results was just play ranked (poorly btw) while blaring my edgy childhood Spotify playlist, full of System of a Down and The Offspring lol
Why don't Presidents fight the war, why do they always send the poor?

Its called SALT
Ahhhh Salt.

giphy.gif

Hubb

And after loosing he refuses to do a rematch when he accepted them after he wins.

I'm somewhat guilty of this. 9/10 I won't accept the rematch if I get utterly destroyed on the first set. I'll give someone the run back, but if on that first set they basically get a double perfect I'll save myself the further embarrassment.

I only run with the points if I get promoted to a new league after winning the first match of a set, and only because I want to be able to practice with people in higher leagues via Casual Match rather than being stuck on the edge of two ranks and never improving.

I only run with the points if I get promoted to a new league after winning the first match of a set, and only because I want to be able to practice with people in higher leagues via Casual Match rather than being stuck on the edge of two ranks and never improving.
But.... if you are improving then you'll be able to rank up even further.

Honestly, you all care about points way too much IMO. Unless the connection was poo-poo, I never deny anyone a runback. It just seems rude, plus I feel like it's more fun when you both have gotten an idea of each other's idiosyncrasies and playstyle and so the match feels more "even" than it was before.

FluxWaveZ

I only get annoyed if the set goes to 1-1 and the opponent leaves. Can we at least finish our Bo3 and apply the knowledge we've gained from the two previous matches? I keep in mind external factors that could be preventing them from continuing, though, so I don't get too frustrated, but it still sucks.

I also don't like it when the opponent is clearly paying attention on the other end but lets the timer go down to 0 while I'm waiting on another match. I don't know if they think they're making me feel salty or what, but stop wasting both my time and yours. If you don't want to play another match, just end the battle.

Honestly, you all care about points way too much IMO. Unless the connection was poo-poo, I never deny anyone a runback. It just seems rude, plus I feel like it's more fun when you both have gotten an idea of each other's idiosyncrasies and playstyle and so the match feels more "even" than it was before.

Yeah, I'll never reject a rematch to keep onto my points. Even when I'm going against a Platinum Zangief who already cost me 175 points in match #1 and who I know I'd lose #2 against. All part of the learning process, and people play differently when there's something on the line.

I also don't like it when the opponent is clearly paying attention on the other end but lets the timer go down to 0 while I'm waiting on another match. I don't know if they think they're making me feel salty or what, but stop wasting both my time and yours. If you don't want to play another match, just end the battle.
they could just be trying to think of what happened throughout the last match lol

FluxWaveZ

they could just be trying to think of what happened throughout the last match lol

There's that for when they let the timer count down to 2 or something before accepting the rematch, but for it to go all the way? Be courteous and end it and then think about whatever when you don't have someone else waiting on you.

There's that for when they let the timer count down to 2 or something before accepting the rematch, but for it to go all the way? Be courteous and end it and then think about whatever when you don't have someone else waiting on you.

there's also lag that can affect it too. In battle lounges sometimes I'd be stuck in the win screen or the game will still be loading to go back to the battle lounge menu screen and the opponents timer for readying up will almost already be all done or it'll say they're still in battle.

I don't care about points (heck, I lost almost 2000 points while learning Alex and didn't bat an eye) but I want to get matched up with better players in Casual (where I do most of my fighting) and unfortunately that necessitates being in higher leagues. I've only ever ran with the points twice; once after reaching Ultra Silver vs. a known ragequitter and once after reaching Gold cuz it was 3AM and I knew I'd choke if I kept playing P:

LakeEarth

While I agree points don't matter, the amount of good players that open up when you reach platinum is staggering. In ultra-gold, I never fought anyone passed platinum. Now that I'm in platinum, I've faced people all the way up to Super-Diamond. I want to be facing these players, and if I'm constantly getting demoted, then ranking up, then demoted, etc, I'll be missing out on the best players for quite a while.

myco666

Played bunch matches on Skies of Honor. Seems to be totally fine for playing.

Chun being able to catch jump back with st.lk after whiffing a throw is horseshit. Guess this is character specific.

Edzi

I don't care about points (heck, I lost almost 2000 points while learning Alex and didn't bat an eye) but I want to get matched up with better players in Casual (where I do most of my fighting) and unfortunately that necessitates being in higher leagues. I've only ever ran with the points twice; once after reaching Ultra Silver vs. a known ragequitter and once after reaching Gold cuz it was 3AM and I knew I'd choke if I kept playing P:

This is definitely a huge part of it. I made it to Gold a while ago and stopped playing ranked for months, since if I lost Gold status I'd be stuck playing people as low as Silver/Ultra Bronze.

But at the same time, it's natural to want to rise in the ranks in a game like this and it shouldn't be some grand mystery why people care so much.

JayEH

Skies of honor seems fine for playing. The viewing experience might not be pleasant though. I hope it isn't banned.

Shadoken

They need to reveal Season 2 roster to sell Season pass right? I mean they cant just say. "Akuma,Sagat and 5 more characters" or something?

JayEH

I'm sure they'll reveal the roster soon. I think everyone just didn't want the roster to leak like last year not keeping the entire roster a surprise.

They need to reveal Season 2 roster to sell Season pass right? I mean they cant just say. "Akuma,Sagat and 5 more characters" or something?
They revealed that silhouette picture and gave all the names before putting up the season pass for sale so I wouldn't expect anything different this time.

Scotia

Banned

They kind of have to really. Not many people are going to buy a season pass off of blind faith. They'll probably do the silhouettes again.

anyone recall when the season 1 stuff was announced compared to released?

I believe they showed that silhouette picture and gave the names at Capcom Cup right?

or was it an earlier event?

EDIT: Yeah, they showed off F.A.N.G for the first time at PSX/Capcom Cup last year as well as revealed the characters that'd be in the season pass. The season pass also became available after this announcement.

Ryce

This is probably old news, but Eisbahn and the Secret Delta are from Otoren, the same Capcom mobile game that Zangief’s battle outfit is from.

sd_00.jpg

He’s not a secret original newcomer after all.

They make him another shoto.

Then they announce Sagat, Sakura, Dan and Sean for S2.

lol

He has pyscho power... so I would probably see him having more Bison moves or maybe even Rose.

I just hope they don't try to use his story mode character model... looks terrible compared to how Bengus actually drew him.

synce

I'm really looking forward to another top tier shoto next season. And yes, do bring in 5 more of them please.

He has pyscho power... so I would probably see him having more Bison moves or maybe even Rose.

I just hope they don't try to use his story mode character model... looks terrible compared to how Bengus actually drew him.

Yeah. In all seriousness, I'd like a Bison-esque character that also has some Boxing tech. That'd be sick.

Also yeah, make a new model for him that's not his boring story mode one.

I'm really looking forward to another top tier shoto next season. And yes, do bring in 5 more of them please.

I got nothing against adding more shotos, epecially since we have very little atm. But 5 in one season?

icon.jpg

Tizoc

This is probably old news, but Eisbahn and the Secret Delta are from Otoren, the same Capcom mobile game that Zangief’s battle outfit is from.

sd_00.jpg

He’s not a secret original newcomer after all.

Aha
Is it possible to read this magazine nowadays?

Sigmaah

I never wanna rematch ppl who straight bop me but I do because that's how you learn tbh. Gotta hold that shit. It'll only make U better.

Anyone getting a large amount of laggy matches atm? Played a few in casuals today and they've all been either skippy or completely unplayable. Maybe it's my connection but it sucks either way. I just wanna play and clear my head after what happened last night. :(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Can't win anything suddenly. What I noticed in Platinum right now is that the meta game is to always just walk back. Beats any normal pressure and walks you out of throw range. And almost no character has good long range low hitting blockstrings.
And since jumping isn't too hard you just try to not get into the corner and let your opponent hang himself. It feels brutal sometimes.

Roxkis_ii

Can't win anything suddenly. What I noticed in Platinum right now is that the meta game is to always just walk back. Beats any normal pressure and walks you out of throw range. And almost no character has good long range low hitting blockstrings.
And since jumping isn't too hard you just try to not get into the corner and let your opponent hang himself. It feels brutal sometimes.

Man, it people doing that in lower ranks too. It's such a weak fighting style to fight against.
This is a fighting game. Stop running and scrap!

Skab

Okay I need match up help. What and how do I punish Karin? It feels like everything is safe and I never get a turn to go on the offense.

Just buttons buttons buttons. Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom