• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

By the way, does anyone else experience some slowdown on PS4 when matchmaking is active in Training and Survial modes? It's somewhat annoying.

Kikirin

Bad news. Went to the FANG discord, apparently specials can't be canceled until their last frame. You would need to have 17 frames of hit stun to cancel into those specials.

Uh wha. Is this a new thing? In S1 lights into upballs (13f startup) combo'd on standing opponents when their hitstun was 13f. If cancel frames are now as described, we wouldn't get even that any more.

I have yet to finish it on Hard and Extreme. I tried with Ken and spamming MP DP but got stuck at 26 or something lol, that discouraged me to keep trying the exploit. Is Urien's reliable? I'm currently finishing Normal for all characters, got 5 left (Sim, Laura, FANG, Juri and Ibuki).

I just repeated cr.LP > cr.MP > L Knee drop. The cpu either got hit or blocked without punishing almost 100% of the time. The only exceptions were Cammy, Ryu, and Ken who hit me with a DP once or twice.

HardRojo

I just repeated cr.LP > cr.MP > L Knee drop. The cpu either got hit or blocked without punishing almost 100% of the time. The only exceptions were Cammy, Ryu, and Ken who hit me with a DP once or twice.

Hopefully that'll still work in S2 as I don't feel like going through 50 matches right now (just finished Boxer's and Ibuki's Normal surival).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't understand the silence. A tweet with a date or time for info would be enough. Capcom has been doing this for a year.

Uh wha. Is this a new thing? In S1 lights into upballs (13f startup) combo'd on standing opponents when their hitstun was 13f. If cancel frames are now as described, we wouldn't get even that any more.
I thought that sounded a bit off lol, but I didn't feel confident enough in my knowledge of framedata to argue.

I think it should combo. And if it does then the slowing down of FANG's normals suddenly don't seem so bad.

And in regards to the patch notes thing, I've really been spoiled by Valve's patch announcements. For new stuff, they have freaking html5 videos demonstrating abilities and changes. While capcom's blog crashes whenever an update is announced.

I haven't had a chance to look at the patch notes that leaked...are the changes/good bad or whats up?
Mika seems to have gotten nerfed beyond recognition but all other changes seem to be good. No other character got particularly hard nerfs, only fixing some of the bullshit.

Weaker characters seem to have gotten a lot of worthwhile buffs. Generally, the playing field looks to be more even than ever before.

EDIT: And the patch notes that leaked aren't official. They've been found through testing a beta build.

Dude I'll main five characters at once if S2 drops tomorrow and it's not some beta ass shit.

I haven't had a chance to look at the patch notes that leaked...are the changes/good bad or whats up?

Mostly good. Only a handful of questionable decisions but nothing awful. Lots more combo potential too.

FinKL

Did they have an official statement saying S2 tomorrow will kick off with existing character changes and Akuma? I feel like we're just getting Akuma...

From eventhubs:

We recently caught up with Capcom to talk the future of Street Fighter 5. When asked if the development team aims to reduce the input lag even further (to be more in line with Ultra Street Fighter 4), the game's Associate Producer, Peter "Combofiend" Rosas, had this to say.

"There are no immediate plans to further reduce the input delay at this moment in time," Peter told us.
Though the initial response to the eight frames of lag was negative, Rosas tells us that the recent reduction was well received.

"I would like to point out, however, that with our most recent update to input delay a few months back, input delay was reduced to ~6.5 frames," he explained. "Players have mentioned that their experience has improved greatly since that update and that they react to everything in Street Fighter 5 that much easier."

Marvel

could never
Y'all think the patch is gonna hit tomorrow?

Every single one of you is a mark.
v2sGS52.jpg

All the signs seem to point to 20th December being the day the 2017 season starts.

The first 2017 character hits on that day. All the wording on Combofiend's blog post earlier this month seemed to indicate that the changes are for the 2017 season which as we've guessed from the wording of the season pass, is 20th December.

IT ALL ADDS UP.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All the signs seem to point to 20th December being the day the 2017 season starts.

The first 2017 character hits on that day. All the wording on Combofiend's blog post earlier this month seemed to indicate that the changes are for the 2017 season which as we've guessed from the wording of the season pass, is 20th December.

IT ALL ADDS UP.

I mean. If he's the first of the season 2 cast it would be odd to release him and not.. you know.. the season.

Csr

I don't know if they should have posted patch notes but they should definitely have clarified if the balance patch will come with Akuma or not.

Goodstyle

Oh man, you're right. That guy on discord is totally wrong. Thank goodness.

Maybe this is punishment for all the datamining and hacking we've done over the year. The Capcom gods have not found favor in us to gift us with the patch notes we so desperately desire.

We must repent! We must ask them for forgiveness and pray that they pity us so that they might bestow upon us the patch notes!

Kappa

Ucchedavāda;226872120 said:
It's been live since December 3rd. Still not on Steam, however.

Aww shucks. Not on steam, I'm not surprised though. Not after having the beta already in the hands of people who want to science the build early.

And oh boy, it's been fun watching the build get scienced over. It's getting me all hyped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom