• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I don't even know what I'd win. Confidence?

But I only promised to main 5 characters so that's a little less awful than eating ass.

Ucchedavāda;226875002 said:
SFVServer has now tweeted the maintenance period as well:

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/810911884102799360

Kinda weird that it has taken them this long to get that out there, but I'll allow myself to be hopeful for tomorrow. However, I am not going to eat ass if I am mistaken.

giphy.gif

Marvel

could never
S2 got me all hype though, any refesher no matter how small (not that this is small) interests me greatly in FG's. Even with characters I do not use.

Plus Akuma ofc, looks mad fun.

Zackat

KI just released patch notes and a video about the patch for the patch they are implementing tomorrow.

Meanwhile, waiting for Capcom to give us patch notes

skeleton-at-a-keyboard-with-a-real-mouse-video-idrbrp01522

FluxWaveZ

Nah y'all just being thirsty, they said the 20th, so just wait till the 20th.

Iron Galaxy also gave a date, but they still make efforts to communicate and keep their fans up to date during the wait. So does Blizzard. So does any other company that cares about cultivating their competitive community.

Edzi

Nah y'all just being thirsty, they said the 20th, so just wait till the 20th.

BUT I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWW

people really gotta learn to be patient

Iron Galaxy also gave a date, but they still make efforts to communicate and keep their fans up to date during the wait. So does Blizzard. So does any other company that cares about cultivating their competitive community.

This is true too though, Capcom is utter garbage at communication. They really need to study what the guys on the KI team are doing.

That's their choice, if you can't wait for more info on the date they mentioned, you're just being impatient.

And it's not like they didn't do anything at all in the mean time, they even held a tournament on the akuma build at WSO.

They may be bad at communicating their plans for S2 + Patch Notes. But they sure are bringing us a lot of hype for the game though.

It seems to me, if they haven't said anything yet about notes, then they are probably busy getting prep work done for the maintenance. Which I am sure is a top prority for them. I remember the betas where they maintenanced that for several days on end.

Sheroking

Patch-notes are pretty worthless without the patch, so I'll give them until I start the download before I throw them under the bus.

I mean, honestly, we got AE, AE2012 and Ultra patch notes.

JayEH

Y'all gotta remember we're dealing with a Japanese company. Communication isn't their forte. Which makes the game esports focus hilarious.

That, and if you're gonna put out notes, they need to be the final version. Patch notes is really the last thing they are going to focus on, when they have a maintenance window that is that large.

That, and if you're gonna put out notes, they need to be the final version. Patch notes is really the last thing they are going to focus on, when they have a maintenance window that is that large.

Pretty much.

If we don't get them tomorrow morning/afternoon though, then it's a problem, because that means we're likely to get the patch before the patch notes.

Yup, which tells me they are still busy finalizing everything. It's typically better to not put a release date out, then to build expectations on having a date made public anyway. Cause if they couldn't deliver on a specific date, everyone who plays SF5 will have a nuclear melt down.

Pretty much.

If we don't get them tomorrow morning/afternoon though, then it's a problem, because that means we're likely to get the patch before the patch notes.

That all falls under how the maintenance goes honestly. They had some unexpected extended maintenance in the past for these servers before haven't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom