• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Her V-reversal was nerfed.

V-Reversal - Peach Gator:
 Changed startup 15F to 17F
 Changed recovery on-hit

Not sure what they mean by the second item though.

Additional recovery so that she's not as positive when it lands and the opponent is knocked down. Another nerf.

ElFly

did we ever discover what they mean by

Hold button moves: Changed so certain special moves that activate when the button is released can be used as a buffer

I remember several people complaining about negative edge, particularly with some characters (Vega?) so maybe they are fixing that? or making it worse?

Wallach

did we ever discover what they mean by

I remember several people complaining about negative edge, particularly with some characters (Vega?) so maybe they are fixing that? or making it worse?

That's specifically for moves like TAP which are done by holding a button, and then later releasing it to activate the move. Those type of moves could not be buffered in the input window in the same way as normal specials.

ElFly

That's specifically for moves like TAP which are done by holding a button, and then later releasing it to activate the move. Those type of moves could not be buffered in the input window in the same way as normal specials.

aaaah yeah now that you say that it is really obvious, thanks

So would that theoretically make EX Bullhorn easier to do on wakeup or in specific timings?

Still not entirely sure what this means.

LakeEarth

They mention that Urien's c.mp has more pushback. I hope this doesn't ruin the survival AI hole of repeatedly c.lp -> c.mp xx lk knee drop over and over. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

So would that theoretically make EX Bullhorn easier to do on wakeup or in specific timings?

Still not entirely sure what this means.

Yes, but EX Bull Horn lost having armour on the first two frames.

What it does mean is that V-Trigger Birdie now has an easier time doing the normal bull heads, which have armour on the first two frames, as reversals. :)

Basically it means you can execute zonk-style moves on reversal during the entire reversal window, rather than having to do it frame-precise.

synce

Man those Mika notes are depressing, I am sure it means me dropping her as a character. I know she needed a lot of work, but it just looks like she has been dismantled.

I think she's ok. Less damage from irish whip isn't the end of the world considering her vskill got a nice buff.

Pompadour

So Sunday I finally beat Extreme with Urien using the knee drop exploit. Then I try to beat Hard with Urien and lose at match 50. Then I try again and lose at like 32. I'm starting to think me beating Extreme was tantamount to flipping a coin 100 times and it always landing on heads.

Alchemist

They mention that Urien's c.mp has more pushback. I hope this doesn't ruin the survival AI hole of repeatedly c.lp -> c.mp xx lk knee drop over and over. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Tried this twice now and lost on stage 55 both times. First time with Ken I made it to 86...

Naarmight

I think she's ok. Less damage from irish whip isn't the end of the world considering her vskill got a nice buff.

Irish whip isnt what I am worried about, it is everything else, seems she has had a damage nerf across the board, and ontop of that making everything she does less safe.

Also I am not sure about this, does this mean it is noninvicible like DPs?
Wingless Airplane:
Removed proximity block box during move

Vice

Irish whip isnt what I am worried about, it is everything else, seems she has had a damage nerf across the board, and ontop of that making everything she does less safe.

Also I am not sure about this, does this mean it is noninvicible like DPs?
Wingless Airplane:
Removed proximity block box during move
Wingless airplane would sometimes place people in a blocking state making them unable to move backward as if wingless airplane was a hit. Since it doesnt have a grounded hitbox it seemed like it was unintentional.

Sayad

Maybe they just felt the balance was off or it's too boring. They do still work and have their uses.

edit:
Urien
Crouching MK:
 Advantage on-hit has been changed +1F to +4F
 Advantage on-block has been changed -2F to +2F

WHY IS IT +2 haha

To make up for it not being cancel-able any more. ;p

Maybe they just felt the balance was off or it's too boring. They do still work and have their uses.

edit:
Urien
Crouching MK:

WHY IS IT +2 haha

This is the weirdest change, to me. It seems like they don't want it to ever be a bad idea to use this button.

edit:
Urien
Crouching MK:

WHY IS IT +2 haha

I honestly think Capcom are just throwing things out randomly. Like why does he now have a cross up?

Onemic

edit:
Urien
Crouching MK:

WHY IS IT +2 haha

One of the reasons I think Urien will be the best character in the game hands down. Its already one of the best low pokes in the game in S1.

It can also link into cr.lp if used at close range.

I honestly think Capcom are just throwing things out randomly. Like why does he now have a cross up?

I don't think he does. The patch notes make no mention of a crossup for Urien, so I think it's just one of those things that they were testing but it didn't pan out.

EDIT: He does have a cross-up. Ignore this.

God Bless Capcom for those Urien buffs. Ive been working my ass off the past week or so and have managed to jump from Ultra Gold to Super Platinum. Even beating Diamonds on occasion, though that might be a bit of luck lol.

Im ready to move into the upper echelon haha.

Onemic

Dealing with that button was the opposite of fun. At the distance most people use it, you're not going to be punished. Now you won't be able to spam it.

Seems fine.

Shes terrible now. It's -5 so whats the point of ever throwing it out? Shit move now imo.

Skilletor

Shes terrible now. It's -5 so whats the point of ever throwing it out? Shit move now imo.

True facts. Let me adjust to everything is awful mode!

Nah, I'd put both on the same level.

Nah, IA legs was pretty much a dive kick, could be AA'ed with just a normal. It was super strong when she got rolling, and definitely don't think it should it have been + on block.

S.hp you just had to hold that shit. lol

FluxWaveZ

Mika with Shooting Peach EX might also be able to punish Chun's st.HP at optimal range.

Nah, IA legs was pretty much a dive kick, could be AA'ed with just a normal. It was super strong when she got rolling, and definitely don't think it should it have been + on block.

S.hp you just had to hold that shit. lol

The issue was that it was an extremely good, super fast, advantage on hit dive kick. You couldn't even punish it on reaction with Birdie's cr.MP; you had to do it preemptively.

Both of those were the bane of my existence, playing characters who need to get in close.

Mika with Shooting Peach EX might also be able to punish Chun's st.HP at optimal range.

The issue was that it was an extremely good, super fast, advantage on hit dive kick. You couldn't even punish it on reaction with Birdie's cr.MP; you had to do it preemptively.

Both of those were the bane of my existence, playing characters who need to get in close.

That's because cr.mp was not the button to AA it, st.lp was.

The hurtbox for that move fell beneath her legs so any straight-hitting normals will work. I think you mean the cr.hp that had to be done preemptively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom