• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Tell me I'm on the right path with Alex here, please:

-Use L. flash chop outside footsie range
-AA with cr. fp, st. jab, and EX rising knee
-Setup POWAHBOMB with st. fp on block if sure opponent won't press buttons
-cr. lk x cr. jab xx EX flash good hit-confirm
-Use V-skill right when you dizzy opponent
-Long-range poke with st. HK
-Use headbutt and stomp cancelled off light normals for setups
-Off of st. fp CC, dash in and POWAHBOMB or continue pressure
-Use V-trigger clothesline as a parry

Missing anything? Is it worthwhile to cancel into L. flash chop out of cr. jab for if spaced properly? Is it even safe?

kobu

finally decided to jump back in after like 3 months and the doing same shit with claw still seems to work. anyone looking to play a few?

HardRojo

I was playing some Casuals today with 2 characters I don't play as often, I've recently been trying to learn Cammy and I used to switch between Ryu and Nash some months ago.

Sometimes I don't know how to keep the pressure going with Cammy, it doesn't help that I don't feel like I have a blockstring ender special, which feels weird to me as I'm used to finishing blockstrings with fireballs. Even though I won these 2 matches, my Cammy still gets bodied by most players:

Cammy vs Alex 1

Cammy vs Alex 2

I'm really free to Bison, like seriously free, I feel like I can press no buttons and will always stay on the defensive, waiting for a tiny window to open them up, it is very obvious in these 2 matches as I don't even antiair because I get too defensive and scared against Bisons.

Ryu vs Bison 1

Ryu vs Bison 2

What can I do to improve with these 2 characters? I play Nash as my main, but I want to start exploring more characters and will pick up Guile, Alex and Urien as soon as I purchase the Season Pass later this month.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This topanga tv stream with Luffy and CCL...Luffy is basically saying he picked Mika because he likes big tits lol

JayEH

This topanga tv stream with Luffy and CCL...Luffy is basically saying he picked Mika because he likes big tits lol

disappointed he's not an ass man.

Skab__

give me a sec to get out of this ranked match

ggs. i don't think i teched one dash up throw that match.

you didn't play bad but you do need to look up some rog frame data. you were letting me get away with a lot of things.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently that's why he picked up Rose, too. I wish they always had English translation, they are always good when they do.

Producer

why is mika in this game

It can be so tough man. Best advice i can give: Learn your meaty setups against her on both quick rise and back tech. If you cant get them or arent confident, dont even try to pressure on her wakeup or you're gonna get clapped

Great games tactics...very different style of vega. Much more laid back and pokey so the matches were nice battles of spacing and who could land there big hit confirms.

Ggs

Why is Capcom so hellbent making shitty RB DLC when they can throw X360ce for DirectInput? My DS4 controller doesn't work without it even with the Steam Beta. Also i can't be the only one who doesn't like the option button very close to my thumb?

Why is Capcom so hellbent making shitty RB DLC when they can throw X360ce for DirectInput? My DS4 controller doesn't work without it even with the Steam Beta. Also i can't be the only one who doesn't like the option button very close to my thumb?

Because artists are also programmers.

Lol, honesty at it's finest I guess.

disappointed he's not an ass man. .
Wasn't that the same reason he picked Rose in SF4?

Is Guile just a really bad match up for Ken, or am I missing something obvious? He seems completely unstoppable.
All it takes is one successful EX air tatsu, or one well timed EX DP and you can turn the tides like that. Ken can't really match him in the fireball zoning game and so needs to look for a way in which a good Guile can prevent but certainly not constantly.

molnizzle

All it takes is one successful EX air tatsu, or one well timed EX DP and you can turn the tides like that. Ken can't really match him in the fireball zoning game and so needs to look for a way in which a good Guile can prevent but certainly not constantly.

Right, it's the way in that I'm having trouble with. I guess air tatsu is all I got.

Is Guile just a really bad match up for Ken, or am I missing something obvious? He seems completely unstoppable.
Guile and Bison are historically bad matches for Ken since he relies on getting in or those characters are usually designed for keeping out.

It's a weird match where you almost have to take calculated risk every so often. Best advice is to watch high level play of the match up, Momochi in particularly but I can give you some general stuff

- Don't abuse run in the matchup
- Walk forward and block
- be patient
- use Kens limited plus frame moves to frame trap
- Hit confirm off target combo 1&2 will help a lot
- get Guile in the corner as quickly as possible
- Guile is semi-free on wakeup meaty/throw is good
- Jump seldomly only after you establish a pattern
- Pray

It doesn't even seem like a great way to farm Fight Money. Complete waste of time for very little reward.

Anyone wanna play?
It's not a waste of time since you don't actually have to be there pressing the button, you can just use turbo on the stick and just leave the house and come back to free character exp/FM.

It is a waste of time for the people they're matched up with though.

FluxWaveZ

It's not a waste of time since you don't actually have to be there pressing the button, you can just use turbo on the stick and just leave the house and come back to free character exp/FM.

It is a waste of time for the people they're matched up with though.

I mean in general. How much FM are they actually gaining by letting the game go like that? 1k per level, and how many levels are gained by losing matches with characters? It has to take at least hundreds of matches to get to 1 level gained after lvl 10 or so like that. So they're getting a very low amount of FM through no effort at all... and to get what, exactly? To get stages or titles that they'll not actually play with?

Just seems ultimately pointless.

I'm trying to learn to be less of a salty baby, not more
image.php

Tell me I'm on the right path with Alex here, please:

Missing anything? Is it worthwhile to cancel into L. flash chop out of cr. jab for if spaced properly? Is it even safe?

L flash chop has a very slow startup, better poke with cr.mp or cr.mk/st.mk. Raw chop is not a great idea.

Alex indeed has a st.lp AA, but it is not on Ryu level. Very situational, though it does lead to a very decent mixup situation. Use carefuly. EX rising knee is the most reliable option, but I get most mileage from cr.fp into EX knee when I want to spen the meter.

However raw EX knee is great against Vega's EX flying barcelona and other airborne moves that are hard to anti air. You can just overpower them with EX knee.

LK knee is nothing to sneeze at either.

Yep, blocked st.fp allows you to do whatever you want. If blocked, it's not a bad idea to do st.mp xx mp.flash chop. When st.mp is blocked then mp.chop creates a frametrap. When st.mp counterhits, then mp.flash combos and leaves you +3. From there you can do what you want again.

Sure, but cr.jab into EX chop can lead to accidental stun gun if you are not careful with execution. Doing st.lp instead of cr.lp prevents the mistake altogether.

Also st.lp cancels into LP flash chop, so you can hitconfirm without meter. Cr.lp cancels only into EX chop.

Yes, also learn the optimal corner combo with it.

Kinda. It is also very slow, so fish for CCs, but do not overuse or you will get jumped on.

Absolutely. Also - condition the opponent to jump away after blocked lights in anticipation of headbutt. Then do two lights, watch him jump and bring him down with EX knee.

Not bad, but you have many situational options after that.

Again, it is situational. Sledgehammer can lead into much more sometimes.

------------

Last thing - find the dafeetlee youtube video on Alex setplay.

Good luck

Between Tekken 7, the new season of Street Fighter and Injustice 2, it's going to be tough to divide my time next year.

And that's not including the insane amount of other games that I still have to play.

FluxWaveZ

I've realized that Chun-Li's even crazier than I thought she was before after adopting Guile. It's not enough that she practically has every single tool that there is, but she also has a fantastic way to low profile his fireballs through her cr.MP.

Varying the speeds can, of course, throw her off, but why. To me, she's the clearest character deserving of nerfs in the entire roster, whether Ryu is technically better than her or not.

I've realized that Chun-Li's even crazier than I thought she was before after adopting Guile. It's not enough that she practically has every single tool that there is, but she also has a fantastic way to low profile his fireballs through her cr.MP.

Varying the speeds can, of course, throw her off, but why.

And if you do the v-skill close enough, she can just low profile it on reaction.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hell, even Nuki called her cheap.

Varying the speeds can, of course, throw her off, but why. To me, she's the clearest character deserving of nerfs in the entire roster, whether Ryu is technically better than her or not.

ChrisG concurs.

Haven't played in months but fuck,
Dailies, 2 new{ and awesome} costumes for my boy necalli, and I busted up a platinum in lobby somehow.
A fluke for sure, but I wasn't feeling the skill drop on my game I was expecting from so much time off.
I might need to restart playing this.

Kashiwaba

Since i hit gold i think i hit another wall with my Rashid i can stay in gold league but somehow i can't seem to crack the 5000 lp barrier most of my games end up with a very close loss i think there is something im missing lots of the players who i played against often say my style is random or just too YOLO but somehow when i try to calm down and take my time i just do worse lol.

Veal

Buff Laura. Are there any Laura's on GAF? The resources for discussing this character are disappointingly small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom