• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a regular PSN download so it should update automatically.

In case it's not, log in to the PS4, go to the dashboard, highlight SF5 and press the options button. Then select "Check for Updates". It should then successfully check that there is one available and download it.

One more thing, when the file is downloaded you need to start the game once for the patch to successfully install, but that's a bit of a trivial matter.

If you move the selector to the SF5 icon on the PS4 interface and press "option", there should be a "check for updates" option.

Greatly appreciated guys, thanks for the detailed responses.

Chris T is overreacting IMO.

Infil isn't lol, Nash got it the worst this patch IMO.

Nash did, but I don't think he's out of the game. You just have to play more solid footies and can't be a damn nut. Plus, dude got a v-gauge building TC. That's ridiculous.

Infil wasn't even the best Nash. Bon was, and I'm betting even with these changes he' s sticking with him.

Until Sagat drops lol

Alchemist

Beat Survival on Extreme using Ken. Pissed I didn't get the FM but no more meterless reversals is going make this trophy nearly impossible to get.

Pompadour

Beat Survival on Extreme using Ken. Pissed I didn't get the FM but no more meterless reversals is going make this trophy nearly impossible to get.

Did you download the update? If so, you already lost those meterless reversals meaning the power to beat Extreme Survival was in you all along ...

Grifter

Can someone help clarify?

Hold button moves: Changed so certain special moves that activate when the button is released can be used as a buffer
- They added negative edge?

Input latency: Shortened the inactive frames on input confirm from 12F to 6F after the last key for a charge attack has been input
- Specials buffer less so tighter reversal timing?

Pompadour

Can someone help clarify?

Hold button moves: Changed so certain special moves that activate when the button is released can be used as a buffer
- They added negative edge?

Input latency: Shortened the inactive frames on input confirm from 12F to 6F after the last key for a charge attack has been input
- Specials buffer less so tighter reversal timing?

The first one refers to moves like Boxer's TAP. They didn't use the input buffer in Season 1.

Yep.

Wait, you can command grab reversal DPs now, too? What.

Yea some lost both and some only have throw invul. Either way a meaty button will stuff them. Still gotta bait when they have ex tho.

and *jadakiss laugh* at them still being in counter hit state without full invul

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, I never considered I could just do this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuCiHZPYg0

No more being scared, I guess.

I think some characters have HP DP that is throw invincible on startup but not hit. So it's an option if you're expecting a throw/command grab reset/meaty maybe? I figured all ex dps are completely invincible though.

I guess learning those properties will be way more important now. That was never something I had to keep in mind before, and I'm sure the same goes for many others. I just figured since Guile's somersault is throw invul, that'd just go for any "airborne" DP.

Interesting...

Csr

Nash did, but I don't think he's out of the game. You just have to play more solid footies and can't be a damn nut. Plus, dude got a v-gauge building TC. That's ridiculous.

Infil wasn't even the best Nash. Bon was, and I'm betting even with these changes he' s sticking with him.

Until Sagat drops lol

Have you read that translated interview where Infiltration explains that he stopped focusing on Nash and tried to develop other characters because he thought Nash was not good enough to be able to win tournaments in the future and that is why other players like bonchan and yukadon became better Nash players than him.
I don't think those players performances disprove him, especially Bonchan who has proven how good a player he is in the past.

Now with this patch where Nash is even weaker it is not unreasonable for Infiltration to post that twitter message. He was not that happy with him before and Nash got more nerfs than others.

I don't know how people can put Chris T in the same league as Infiltration.

kirblar

Have you read that translated interview where Infiltration explains that he stopped focusing on Nash and tried to develop other characters because he thought Nash was not good enough to be able to win tournaments in the future and that is why other players like bonchan and yukadon became better Nash players than him.
I don't think those players performances disprove him, especially Bonchan who has proven how good a player he is in the past.

Now with this patch where Nash is even weaker it is not unreasonable for Infiltration to post that twitter message. He was not that happy with him before and Nash got more nerfs than others.

I don't know how people can put Chris T in the same league as Infiltration.
I think both Chris T and Infiltration got hurt by the midseason reduction in input delay due to the way their characters were affected.

But his footsie tools like sMP and his command normals are worse now too. He can't pressure on knockdown with hk scythe anymore, mk scythe is a riskier poke and the v gauge building isn't that big of a deal when both his v trigger and reversal are nerfed.

Nash got some interesting changes in his new kara anti air juggles, extra frames of advantage on his fireballs and being able to combo into tragedy assault more reliably, but basically everything that functioned as his core gameplay got nerfed pretty seriously.

ElFly

That's gonna be a case by case basis. Nash's EX Scythe now works like Yun's EX from SF4- Strike invulnerable but throwable. Ryu/Ken should be fully invincible.

the patch notes say that ryu is grabbable at the start of MP/HP DP, and seems all three Ken's DPs are throwable

EX versions seem to still be invincible

Shadoken

That's gonna be a case by case basis. Nash's EX Scythe now works like Yun's EX from SF4- Strike invulnerable but throwable. Ryu/Ken should be fully invincible.

Where is this stuff coming from? EX Scythe has no invincibilty at all. It just has a lower hurtbox and huge hitbox which allows it to AA decently. It still loses to divekicks.

Grifter

Whoa Ryu can do solar plexus > sweep and cancel axe kick.

Anyhow, Akuma was designed to have weak meaties in SF4 and meaties are weak in general in SF5, so adding more active move times would facilitate that SF4 pattern for Akuma's release.

Whoa, I never considered I could just do this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuCiHZPYg0

No more being scared, I guess.

I guess learning those properties will be way more important now. That was never something I had to keep in mind before, and I'm sure the same goes for many others. I just figured since Guile's somersault is throw invul, that'd just go for any "airborne" DP.

Interesting...

Careful, mp.dp is more throw-vulnerable than the others.

Uhh are you sure about that? I just tested it and it works just fine. You need to use B.MK as the meaty.

Where is this stuff coming from? EX Scythe has no invincibilty at all. It just has a lower hurtbox and huge hitbox which allows it to AA decently. It still loses to divekicks.

I'm just using TOOLASSISTED's oki tool and it says hk scythe is +39, making two dashes leave him at +1. That said, I'm testing it and my jab still seems to win so I'm not sure what's happening.

kirblar

It has invincibility later on when it goes airborne. They had given it throw invincibility on startup, but it's now gone. (I thought the strike invincibility had been extended back, but I was misremembering)

Shadoken

Nash might have got hit hard , but people are underestimating his buffs and new tech. Been playing around with him in Training and the new stuff is pretty good. His options and playstyle is much more technical.

You just have to be completely On point with Nash , your best pokes are more unsafe at bad ranges. But still very strong at max range.

It has invincibility later on when it goes airborne. They had given it throw invincibility on startup, but it's now gone. (I thought the strike invincibility had been extended back, but I was misremembering)

It was in one of the builds earlier PSX or something. But right now it has no invinc at all , just a good hitbox for AA purposes.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";226931976]I'm just using TOOLASSISTED's oki tool and it says hk scythe is +39, making two dashes leave him at +1. That said, I'm testing it and my jab still seems to win so I'm not sure what's happening.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is super weird. They added extra Airborne frames between the 2 hits of Sonic Scythe so the opponent is in the air for longer. Meaty with B.MK is working perfectly. It can combo into St.MP on CH. He still has good loops with HK Scythe , although the damage has been nerfed.

Which means people now have to choose between Meaty (HK Scythe ) , V Gauge ( TC->V Skill ) or Meter Drain ( Tragedy Assault). All 3 options are eqaully damaging and good. Brings a lot more variety to his playstyle. Previously it was only HK Scythe.

I think both Chris T and Infiltration got hurt by the midseason reduction in input delay due to the way their characters were affected.

YUP! I said early when this happened that this was going to impact characters who had strengths based on how long or how fast a reaction speed you needed to react to what the player was doing - i.e. Nash, Mika, Ken, moreso Ken & Nash then Mika.

I think Bonchan was an excellent Nash & outgrew Infil's Nash in particular because he wasn't focusing on the hit & run playstyle of Nash that Infil had. To me, the patch notes scream that its obvious they wanted Nash to be more of a rushdown character who had long range tools to get in safely, then mix-up tools once he was in your face. Seeing him still retain many of that strength on top of potentially giving him a consist 2nd VT activation in most matches, means I think Nash might wind up being even scarier than he was before.

Shadoken

YUP! I said early when this happened that this was going to impact characters who had strengths based on how long or how fast a reaction speed you needed to react to what the player was doing - i.e. Nash, Mika, Ken, moreso Ken & Nash then Mika.

I think Bonchan was an excellent Nash & outgrew Infil's Nash in particular because he wasn't focusing on the hit & run playstyle of Nash that Infil had. To me, the patch notes scream that its obvious they wanted Nash to be more of a rushdown character who had long range tools to get in safely, then mix-up tools once he was in your face. Seeing him still retain many of that strength on top of potentially giving him a consist 2nd VT activation in most matches, means I think Nash might wind up being even scarier than he was before.

You are right , I recall Combofiend mentioning Infiltration was playing Nash in a way they werent expecting him to be played.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...usses-street-fighter-5s-most-dominant-player/

idc I'm still maining Charlie.

Charlie is the best. Who else has this godlk reveal trailer music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjg4gScW1E

ElFly

Whoa Ryu can do solar plexus > sweep and cancel axe kick.

Anyhow, Akuma was designed to have weak meaties in SF4 and meaties are weak in general in SF5, so adding more active move times would facilitate that SF4 pattern for Akuma's release.

they just removed all meterless invincible reversals tho

meaties for ever

Grifter

chun 5hp before -5 just made the mirror a whole lot more watchable since they can ex.legs back (how did that move get better?)

they just removed all meterless invincible reversals tho

meaties for ever

i should correct that to active frames in moves, but more than ever, yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom