• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping they would fix this.

Basically, Ken's sHK hits low enough to bypass Gief's armor during his sHP which leads to a CC. For comparison, his cLP gets absorbed. Karin is also still capable of this. Necalli's USED to do this as well in S1, but it no longer does since they specifically nerfed the hitbox for his sHK in S2. Laura is another character that has a sHK that hits about "waist-high" but it never bypassed Gief's armor like that even in S1. This is SO annoying in those MUs and it's disappointing they didn't change Ken's and Karin's sHK hitbox so that it doesn't hit so low resulting in this fuckery.

I was hoping they would fix this.

Basically, Ken's sHK hits low enough to bypass Gief's armor during his sHP which leads to a CC. For comparison, his cLP gets absorbed. Karin is also still capable of this. Necalli's USED to do this as well in S1, but it no longer does since they specifically nerfed the hitbox for his sHK in S2. Laura is another character that has a sHK that hits about "waist-high" but it never bypassed Gief's armor like that even in S1. This is SO annoying in those MUs and it's disappointing they didn't change Ken's and Karin's sHK hitbox so that it doesn't hit so low resulting in this fuckery.

Now I haven't personally tested this, but from the looks of your video it seems you didn't hold his HP long enough for there to be armor against the HK. On the second test with the LP there was a longer hold time on the Gief's HP before Ken's move was thrown out.

Again Im not sure of what frame he gets armor on his charge HP but from the looks of it there might be a discrepancy in the how long you held HP.

Edit: Checked the Prima guide and it says he gets upper body armor on frame 3+ if you don't release. When held, frames 3-33 get upper body armor. I now see what you were talking about.

Menitta

Can you not link Cammy's F HK to a cr. Jab? I'm trying and it doesn't look like it works anymore. Bummer. F HK was super good with that.

Edit: Standing jab works nvm.

Edit: And I guess cr does too...this post is worthless.

FinKL

Oh! You guys think it would it be safe to assume the online digital prima guide will be updated with the balance changes, at some point down the line?

It should be, I'm looking at my sheet that came with the book and it says
"Includes new modes/characters for up to one year 2/16/16 - 2/16/17 of DLC)

It should be, I'm looking at my sheet that came with the book and it says
"Includes new modes/characters for up to one year 2/16/16 - 2/16/17 of DLC)

I suppose that time frame covers us for a year and gives them the option to release a new paper/digital guide, should they do a Super Street Fighter 5 later.

Only one way to play huh

Some MMO level nerf shit, MMO devs love to tell you we don't want this for the class, we want the class going in this direction lol...

Also some of the nerfs also point to how they want you to play, take Vega, they nerf Clawless and buff Claw...

Now I haven't personally tested this, but from the looks of your video it seems you didn't hold his HP long enough for there to be armor against the HK. On the second test with the LP there was a longer hold time on the Gief's HP before Ken's move was thrown out.

Again Im not sure of what frame he gets armor on his charge HP but from the looks of it there might be a discrepancy in the how long you held HP.

Edit: Checked the Prima guide and it says he gets upper body armor on frame 3+ if you don't release. When held, frames 3-33 get upper body armor. I now see what you were talking about.

He definitely has armor at those points. Another example is Ryu's solar plexis(at least in S1, haven't tested it yet). It hits twice but both hits will bypass Gief's armor. So if only the 2nd hit of solar plexis hits during Gief's charge where he has active armor frames it will still bypass and Gief will get hit. EDIT - Just tested it, and it's still in. Both hits bypass Gief's armor despite Ryu's fist being at stomach level. RIP.

Honestly I was just hoping they would buff Gief's sHP so it has full armor so that this wouldn't happen anymore. Doing that is easier than going through every hitbox and changing it so that an attack that looks high/mid actually hits as such.

On the plus side, Double Lariat is indeed much better and might be at least a decent punish for fireballs at certain ranges. The horizontal hitbox isn't that much better but he can move forwards/backwards slightly further and quicker. Much better than it was in S1.

On the downside, I'm personally having trouble getting Lariat to come out after a cLP because I use the L1 button for Lariat(and EX moves in general) since I have all 3 punch buttons mapped to it. However, after I do cLP>L1(again, for Lariat) only MP and HP are registered as coming out as my inputs instead of all 3. I can get it to come out and connect sometimes but it is proving very tricky to make it so L1 registers all 3 punch buttons instead of just MP/HP. Do any other pad players out there have this happen to them possibly with another character? It's much more difficult to hit all 3 punch buttons manually on a pad for me at least. D:

EDIT - Seems like holding forward after cLP will make my L1 register all 3 buttons. Before I had been holding down or down forward throughout the combo and only MP/HP were coming out after pressing L1. No idea why it does that but ok.

Femto.

Some MMO level nerf shit, MMO devs love to tell you we don't want this for the class, we want the class going in this direction lol...

Also some of the nerfs also point to how they want you to play, take Vega, they nerf Clawless and buff Claw...

image.php

I low key miss that game.

mbpm1

have to admit it does seem that way for some characters

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;226939076 said:
Maintenance is still scheduled for another 3 hours or so, so have patience.
If it's not out after maintenance is over, then we can start complaining.

I guess one of the """advantages""" of having incompetently long server updates times is that it gives them lots of leeway to delay the patch a few hours with no problems

But even then Capcom should fucking announce this kind of shit

Edzi

I guess one of the """advantages""" of having incompetently long server updates times is that it gives them lots of leeway to delay the patch a few hours with no problems

lol, what is wrong with you? Patch is supposed to come out today and the maintenance goes on for another 3 hours. Calm down.

Announce what exactly? That the patch is not going to be released the moment the server is taken down for maintenance? It's not like they ever promised that the patch would be out at that exact time.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Capcom with regards to how they've handled SFV, but this is not one of them.

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;226939690 said:
Announce what exactly? That the patch is not going to be released the moment the server is taken down for maintenance? It's not like they ever promised that the patch would be out at that exact time.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Capcom with regards to how they've handled SFV, but this is not one of them.

I don't think announcing the time the patch will be released is such a crazy idea

Particularly if there is a delay respect the release time on other platforms

You have no idea what they added, changed, and what requires several files to be updated. "just a few values" is entirely baseless and straight up ignorant.

Also the main game is 11.7gigs + the patch size in appdata (12.7gb total), not 9.7.

Update on Steam.

10GB.

To change a few values here and there.

What the fuck.

About 2 GB of that appears to be new stuff, since the game grew by that size according to SteamDB. And the remainder can easily be explained by UE, since the way stuff is packaged can result in big files having to be replaced even if all they did was tweak one asset, somewhere. You see the same with other UE titles.

Sucks if you have a slow connection, but that's how it is.

HardRojo

Still want Pro enhancements now that I have one.
I'm not keeping my hopes up for this. They're barely supporting the base game, it's been over 10 months and training mode settings still are not saved and Player 2 can't choose rematch or select screen in a competition focused game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It would have been nice if leaving my computer running with Steam open would have started the update download automatically, but nope, it's just sitting there "queued" until I manually hit it. Every other update just happens whether I want it or not.

Is this something I can blame Capcom for?

Anyway, I'm glad I'll have it downloaded by the time the servers are back. So thank you, Capcom, for not waiting until 2 hours from now.

Still want Pro enhancements now that I have one.

I'll have to be honest, but I hope that they prioritize that way, way low. There's still a bunch of basic stuff in the game that could use a solid do-over, and those improvements would benefit everyone, as opposed to just the subset of people who splurged on a PS4Pro.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
DInput button assignment has mappings for L3/R3, but I think it's lame that they're still unusable for anything except training shortcuts.

Marvel

could never
Ucchedavāda;226942038 said:
I'll have to be honest, but I hope that they prioritize that way, way low. There's still a bunch of basic stuff in the game that could use a solid do-over, and those improvements would benefit everyone, as opposed to just the subset of people who splurged on a PS4Pro.
The shadows and some winning animations bug me way more than zero prosupport atm, heh. It'll be great if it happens but I'm with you on other things being added/ fixed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom