• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

hahaha ex demon flip to ex tatsumaki is 285 stun
cr. hp > mk > vskill kick launcher > ex flip > ex tatsumaki is 498 stun
just 1 combo with 1 ex bar is 50% stun
TadkV.gif

Skab

been unable to send data to the server after my last two matches

here's hoping I don't get labeled a ragequitter

nah thats not what that is. just the severs getting hammered and it isnt able to display the results to you right then and there. points are still changed and wins/losses etc all still count.

ElFly

nah thats not what that is. just the severs getting hammered and it isnt able to display the results to you right then and there. points are still changed and wins/losses etc all still count.

I've never really paid attention to my score that closely

didn't really know I still got credited the points and all :O

hahaha ex demon flip to ex tatsumaki is 285 stun
cr. hp > mk > vskill kick launcher > ex flip > ex tatsumaki is 498 stun
just 1 combo with 1 ex bar is 50% stun
TadkV.gif

That's par for the course with Akuma. Homeboy needs it because his health is so low it takes like two combos to body him.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Downloading now on Steam. 40% done. *hurryhurryhurry*

I'm gonna cop: Akuma and his stage plus Karin Xmas skin.

Most curious to mess with Akuma of course but also Juri.

Quesa

Is there something to doing Akuma's 7th trial? I did it but feel like there's a trick I didn't get to doing it consistently.

Akuma is exactly what I wanted. Aggressive, in your face, and using some good nice reads and converting that into damage. I'll be ass with him for a month, but man is he fun as hell. Even when I lose, I'm still enjoying playing as him, and I don't think I've had that feeling with any other character.

This must be love.

The character pass is kinda low value compared to s1 pass, no?

Right now there's only Akuma and his battle costume?

Well, you'll get all the DLC characters and their story costumes (I think) as soon as they drop.

Venfayth

Reinstalled the game, updated video drivers, game is still broken here. Not sure what the deal is. Not capping my memory or processor usage, the game just randomly hangs for seconds at a time. I have an i7 3770k and a gtx 970.

Pompadour

The character pass is kinda low value compared to s1 pass, no?

Right now there's only Akuma and his battle costume?

It's a pass so you'll eventually get 6 characters and their Battle Costumes, just like the first one.

At launch the Season 1 pass had no value as there were no DLC characters released yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Reinstalled the game, updated video drivers, game is still broken here. Not sure what the deal is. Not capping my memory or processor usage, the game just randomly hangs for seconds at a time. I have an i7 3770k and a gtx 970.

Problems on PC too? Can't wait to try it. :| I tried PS4 first-- have already had connections dropping and my PS3 controller stop being recognized mid-match. Good times.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've played a couple sets in battle lounge and one casual match, both with 5 bars, and something feels really stiff and wrong.

Edit: just had one that that felt better.

Ken feels like shit though.

Sigmaah

Cr.mk into st.hp claw works now with no ch?!

BROOOOOO they giving me all the combos that I wanted to be able to do with vega.

Nvm I lied wow.

Online is acting up for me so I'll call it a night, plus I got school tomorrow. On the bright side, from the little I played with Akuma, I absolutely love him. Awesome feeling character. Already found some meaty setups, but I need frame data before I can absolutely go ham.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I gotta admit. Stored fireball is not an insignificant buff. People will now have to think about whether or not they really wanna give Bison a fireball.

Is anyone going to try to test and see if they fix the rollback desync?

Mentioned it on the previous page. They didn't fix anything. My (PS4) opponent was teleporting around and landing moves before I could even see them executed. If anything it was worse than my SF5 norm, but I probably just got unlucky with this specific person and I severely doubt they actually made it worse.

(It's not my connection.)

I'm not having any framerate performance problems, for the record. I think they might have improved the motion blur a little -- it definitely looked a lot better than normal on the Christmas stage, at least -- so possibly that could be an issue for some.

Actually, they don't - this was something that got picked up from the PSX build and the beta build that got leaked on Steam. Official notes don't make mention of his v-trigger staying there if countered with a v-reversal. Like many said, the changes found within both of the earlier builds should've been taken with a huge grain of salt.

Syntsui

I think Akuma's trial #9 is bugged. The EX Shoryuken before the V-Trigger is not working, the normal version comes out all the time.

I'm using the 3 punch button to do it and it works out of the combo.

Skab

I gotta admit. Stored fireball is not an insignificant buff. People will now have to think about whether or not they really wanna give Bison a fireball.

Dude it's so good.

That and the EX Psycho Blast going forever are both really good tools.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah for calling it 2.0 this update is way way too weak on actual software improvements.
I love how they did this balance patch but the rest of the game barely improved.

Has anyone on PC not had issues?

The only issues I encountered were the usual SF5 unfair netcode stuff, nothing new to worry about.

It is a Tuesday, so a lot of people might just be having problems with Valve's random Tuesday server resets. I don't actually know if that affects SF5, but it affects plenty of other online Steam games.

Village

Yo, akuma's story makes it pretty clear that akuma is supposed to look like a beast man

I wish to was communicated in his model more, I think he should have had a mustache with the beard, It would have helped

Pompadour

Yo, akuma's story makes it pretty clear that akuma is supposed to look like a beast man

I wish to was communicated in his model more, I think he should have had a mustache with the beard, It would have helped

Yeah, if they wanted the lion look they should have copied Leo from GGXrd's hairstyle and beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom