• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Nah, just rivals who are above shit like OH YOU KILLED MY MASTER

Both just wanna fight strong dudes.

Eh I dunno. Murdering father figures is a pretty good reason to fight. But sense Gouken is actually alive.... there isn't really a beef. Though he did problbly just actually murder gen in his story. So the most we might get is The twins or Chun li wanting revenge, Chun li might not want none of that though.

Yeah, if they wanted the lion look they should have copied Leo from GGXrd's hairstyle and beard.

I think the design is fine. there is a side shot of akuma during the story that justified that entire design, is litterally the exciution on the model, there isn't enough detail put in to where the hair actually comes in contact with the skin, making him look more like a flower than a lion in some scenes, his hair should be pulled back more. His hair , the ends of it, fluff up in the front, but in the story mode art, it is always flowing back, they should have just made it stay like that

Village

Mods dont work now, after this patch. No Mika buttslap, Mika chicken head and no Juri microkini. Fuck Capcom.

They changed the name of all the character folders names, so it isn't much besides them messing with the directory of mods from my understanding. So I don't think mods will be gone for long

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Dude it's so good.

That and the EX Psycho Blast going forever are both really good tools.

To be fair ex blast always SHOULD have been a full screen fireball. It costs a goddamn meter. Rip light block strings though. Significant nerf there.

Zackat

playing Laura paid off in the end boys.

nothing is better than hearing a non-ex shoryuken getting stuffed.

also, is online disconnecting anyone else a lot? I can't even get a full match in. I really doubt it is all rage quitters.......... though maybe it is?

Eh I dunno. Murdering father figures is a pretty good reason to fight. But sense Gouken is actually alive.... there isn't really a beef. Though he did problbly just actually murder gen in his story. So the most we might get is The twins or Chun li wanting revenge, Chun li might not want none of that though.

Gen was willing to die in battle since he was on the way out anyway. They probably don't care/probaly understand Akuma is too far out of their league.

Tan

Lol ryu character demonstration still saying his medium dp is invincible

Also says akuma has an ex vskill?? But doesn't show anything, must be a typo?

I think the design is fine. there is a side shot of akuma during the story that justified that entire design, is litterally the exciution on the model, there isn't enough detail put in to where the hair actually comes in contact with the skin, making him look more like a flower than a lion in some scenes, his hair should be pulled back more. His hair , the ends of it, fluff up in the front, but in the story mode art, it is always flowing back, they should have just made it stay like that

I think the design actually works a lot better with the story and premium costumes. The top knot is pulled back a little tighter and has a more natural hairline, and the beard goes further up his cheeks. it's a small difference that in my opinion is a huge improvement.

-Mikey-

Yum yum yum
Fresh meat out there tonight.

Enjoying a 10 game win streak with Bison. The small bump to walk speed is a game changer. The v-skill fireball is a blessing. Fuck, he feels good to play.

Dammit I thought PS4's sleep mode meant it would automatically download updates. I had to manually look for the update and now I need to wait 20 minutes.

Is there a setting I'm supposed to have checked somewhere for automatic updates?

Why are PSN downloads sooooo slooooooow

The time remaining is going up instead of down lol

Shame Akuma's winquotes don't tell us what he was doing inbetween 4 and V.

Capcom trying to make that Gouken VS Akuma fight at the end of 4 ambiguous as fuck.

Csr

So now there is another 5gb update on steam for some reason.

Just when i thought i could finally play the game after the first update was almost done.

The God

Dammit I thought PS4's sleep mode meant it would automatically download updates. I had to manually look for the update and now I need to wait 20 minutes.

Is there a setting I'm supposed to have checked somewhere for automatic updates?

Why are PSN downloads sooooo slooooooow

The time remaining is going up instead of down lol
Settings > System > Automatic updates

There's a setting for keeping your PS4 connected to the internet during sleep in "power save settings"

Afaik PS4 checks for updates at a certain number of hours so maybe you didn't hit that time

TheOGB

Banned
Uhhh, I think watching Akuma's demonstration counted toward the weekly "use V-Trigger (x) times" Mission.
4tCIK.gif

I got home right when the server's went up. I ordered the Holiday Bundle at work and had some money left over in the wallet for the non-bundled stuff. I haven't gone online yet, just got done eating dinner, but Akuma's been fun to mess around with so far. I can't pull of half circles on the d-pad consistently so I can't get too into the cooler demon flip combos. Lots of dope looking shit though.

Settings > System > Automatic updates

There's a setting for keeping your PS4 connected to the internet during sleep in "power save settings"

Afaik PS4 checks for updates at a certain number of hours so maybe you didn't hit that time
Thanks. It was on. Download automatically was checked, but not "install automatically." I don't really need that checked since it only takes a couple of minutes and you can lose progress if you forgot to save before putting it in rest mode.

I guess it didn't check in and see the update in time. Annoying since it has been hours.

Edit: oh the "install automatically" is for system updates. "Application Update Files" was also checked though.

Anyone having PSN issues? I'm getting "unable to log into game server. [2100e]"

Edit: I'm in.

Also I completely forgot about Spotify on PS4. Being able to throw on an album and get a break from the game music (but still get other game audio) is so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom