• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Not yet sure how to work akuma's midrange

His short limbs are necalli esque, but he doesn't have necalli's st. rh to properly threaten

Their servers are horrible, lag lag lag, friend lives 5.89miles away, .we might get a rollback match here and there, but 6 straight matches with roll back, they need another maintenance..gonna mess around in training mode for now, online is a no no..

Neoxon

C0JzvKlWgAEUXU4.jpg:large

Venfayth

After I removed the Oculus Rift from my computer the game became playable for about 10 minutes until it started slowing down more and more, progressively going into super slow-mode. It was really bizarre. This patch really has some problems on PC - hopefully some of them get addressed sooner rather than later. It was infuriating trying to troubleshoot all this tonight. Restarting the game made it playable until it starts slowing down again, doesn't matter if I play on super low or super high settings.

Yeah i dont know i should be pressing at that range, just been chucking plasma lol

demon flip slide seems to be safe on block, at least cpu couldn't punish it with reversal hp DP, maybe it's -3 dunno for sure.

After I removed the Oculus Rift from my computer the game became playable for about 10 minutes until it started slowing down more and more, progressively going into super slow-mode. It was really bizarre. This patch really has some problems on PC - hopefully some of them get addressed sooner rather than later. It was infuriating trying to troubleshoot all this tonight. Restarting the game made it playable until it starts slowing down again, doesn't matter if I play on super low or super high settings.

no problems here, 4670k r9 290 tri-x

bstylee

Neo Member
So I just beat easy survival with akuma and all I got was his 3rd default color. Do you not get FM and exp from survival anymore? Also didn't get exp from his story mode. I thought they gave exp after every single fight. No exp from his trials either.

Hmm, sounds like it could be a memory leak. You should report that to Capcpom if you can.
So I just beat easy survival with akuma and all I got was his 3rd default color. Do you not get FM and exp from survival anymore? Also didn't get exp from his story mode. I thought they gave exp after every single fight. No exp from his trials either.
They do, but the servers are REALLY wonky right now so it's highly likely that you completed them successfully but the server didn't register them and you didn't get FM/EXP.

You can complete them later while logged in when the servers are working properly and you should get the FM/ EXP.

Their servers are horrible, lag lag lag, friend lives 5.89miles away, .we might get a rollback match here and there, but 6 straight matches with roll back, they need another maintenance..gonna mess around in training mode for now, online is a no no..

The servers have nothing to do with that because the actual gameplay is peer to peer. I'm not sure if there's ever been a server-based fighting game, all that would do is add lag and offer no real advantages. (Possibly for team fighters, that's the only case where it might make sense.) None of the major Capcom fighting games have used servers.

(Servers are used for matchmaking and doing things like confirming victories and losses, but that's not something that should be affecting the actual fighting.)

The netcode is trash, that's the problem. It has been since day one. The only possible new issue is if one of you is having performance problems with this update, like framerate hitching, that's going to give the person with bad performance the edge. Because again, trash netcode.

Nash is still fine for all those he thought he was. As for St.MP xx Tragedy Assault, I honestly don't care because B.MK can already do this.

Jab AA is still present. I said this yesterday and the patch notes only showed the nerf for specific characters.

Netcode is still bad if not worse than than launch because the game is now freezing during matches. The bar settings still lies and still searches for players that has bars lower than what you are searching for.

Also I've been Oki Thrown by Ken 3 times in a row but that can be the netcode shitting itself again.

God, this game is so good when it works well. I feel like I finally hit a stride where I could relax and react without fucking panicking and smashing buttons. After 15 or so matches I only went up 100 points but feel like I improved my game immensely.

But the network shit is frustrating as hell, and there are too many laggy matches (I guess because of the netcode as mentioned above). If that stuff was fixed and I could find matches as quickly as I did in SFIV this game would be soooooo good.

tariniel

The servers are fucking potato. How do they always manage to fuck stuff up. I was so excited to play tonight and now every other match disconnects at the end of round 1.

Also I was really hype about the Bison changes but if anything he feels more janky. 3F normal is great of course but you can't really combo it into anything except cancel into scissors, but its still nice to have. My issue is with psycho axe being 2 frames slower - this really has a huge effect on him imo. Even his BNB st.MP > cr.MP feels laggy and just wrong. His stun is just insane now though. People get stunned in 2 touches pretty often.

I'll keep playing him but right now I'm eyeing Urien to try out since I like a lot of his changes.

Edzi

Who wants to play? Gonna be experimenting with Akuma, Alex, and maybe Urien. I can make a lobby, lemme know if you want an invite.

So theoretically Mika can keep doing Vskill throughout the round and kill you with 1 throw??
The v-skill effect now doesn't go away if you get hit before managing to go for a throw/CA.

I don't think multiple v-skills stack because that's something that would be mentioned in the patch but still, I'm not entirely sure.

So saw a replay, and mid-fight, Akuma tossed his shirt off? How?
For most premium costumes, you can hold down a button combination while the match is loading to change/remove a piece of clothing. Must be a bug with the replay that caused that change to happen.

For most premium costumes, you can hold down a button combination while the match is loading to change/remove a piece of clothing. Must be a bug with the replay that caused that change to happen.

Yeah, I saved the replay, and he definitely had his shirt on round one, then took it off while giving Nash the business in round 2.

The servers have nothing to do with that because the actual gameplay is peer to peer. I'm not sure if there's ever been a server-based fighting game, all that would do is add lag and offer no real advantages. (Possibly for team fighters, that's the only case where it might make sense.) None of the major Capcom fighting games have used servers.

(Servers are used for matchmaking and doing things like confirming victories and losses, but that's not something that should be affecting the actual fighting.)

The netcode is trash, that's the problem. It has been since day one. The only possible new issue is if one of you is having performance problems with this update, like framerate hitching, that's going to give the person with bad performance the edge. Because again, trash netcode.

I am being nice, since i can't really do anything about it, anyone knows me in this thread, knows I call this netcode trash all the fucking time...

Just realized that they didn't make any changes to F.A.N.G's st.lp so it's still as good an AA as before.

I am loving Season 2 F.A.N.G so far.

Edzi

Aside from the lack of air legs spam (which I appreciate) fighting Chun doesn't really feel that different. I don't really expect her to lose her top tier status.

Moaradin

Been playing a bunch of Casual and I haven't got any disconnects and the connections have been great. Haven't touched Ranked though.

Edzi

The server issues are embarrassing. People are coming back to check out the game because of season 2, and yet Capcom can't actually create servers to handle them so they're just going to leave. They've had a full year to work on it too.

Ranked is weirder than ever in it's character spread. Tons of Alex, Cammy, Akuma, Karin and some Vegas are out tonight. I've only fought two Ryus and one Ken iirc. Haven't seen a single Nash, Guile, Chun, Necalli, Ibuki or Balrog. All the Alex players are wrecking me since I'm not used to Karin's V-Reversal knockback and the general throw changes, but everything else is pretty good. Cammy used to be a terrible problem, but now for the first time I'm beating near 7K LP Cammy players without having a coronary. The wakeup reversal change was absolutely wonderful for this game. Makes me think all the shoto players just stopped playing since everyone is on a more even playing field on wakeup now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I see servers are still garbage. So many DCs for me while I played, I just stopped playing.

Netcode is still completely boned as well, still distributes all the rollback on 1 player instead of evenly distributing it.

Still can't rebind keys on PC version. Load times are still excessive. You still can't skip the end of match point summary. Also think that player 2 still can't select rematch/char select in versus.

So basically they made some balance fixes, added Akuma and did absolutely fuck all to fix the issues people have with the game. God damn it Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom