• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've become so used to SF5's Banana hair Ken that I was legitimately taken aback when I saw this picture again.

The other female looking silhouette doesn't really look like a doll though, unless she's not in her uniform.

If the story has moved further ahead, all of the dolls a free from Bison's control. A post-Shadaloo doll could be dressed any way they want, which could actually go a long way in differentiating them from Cammy and Decapre.

edit: Wow! The CFN Website was just completely re-done in the last hour or so! A lot more english content, as well as a lot more stuff overall!

Shadoken

I take back everything I said about Nash. I just lost 10-0 to a Karin player at locals. I simply cannot keep up with her footsies with this walkspeed and nerfs to normals. Can't zone her as well since she has tools to get around that.

Will try to train and come up with something else , but things aren't looking too good in this matchup. Necalli and Laura seemed ok from the sets I played . I think as long as you can zone with fireballs and play neutral Nash is good. But against characters with good walkspeed and pokes I am absolutely clueless. Might need a sub for some matchups.

Mœbius

Maybe it's just that day one syndrome but not feeling Akuma so far. Movement and gameplan feels off to me, he doesn't really flow outside of long optimal combos involving meter and the v skill cancel. His mid range game seems non-existent aside from dancing in and out of the st.mk range, which is basically the only thing you can fish for at that distance; it's otherwise a no man's land for Akuma.

Anyway as I say, probably just a matter of getting used to him.

Piccoro

So I'm stuck at work, will only get to play this 8 hours from now... :(
Can someone answer me a few questions, please?

1. Does the Season Pass 2 include the new Akuma stage?
2. How much does the individual Akuma costs (in real money), and how much does the standalone Akuma stage costs?
3. How much for the standalone Christmas stage?

I'm still undecided if I should get the Season Pass 2 now or later, so if someone could please reply I would be very grateful!

2. How much does the individual Akuma costs (in real money), and how much does the standalone Akuma stage costs?

I'm still undecided if I should get the Season Pass 2 now or later, so if someone could please reply I would be very grateful!

1. No
2. Akuma $6, Stage $4
3. $2

vsMIC

1. no
2. stage eur 3,99
3. ?

lol.... most of ken posters on srk think he's dope as fuck in s2....

I wish I could say the same about my boy Ryu. It's not just that he's worse than he was before. It's that I don't find any of his new buffs useful. It's kind of fun to play around with some of them. But they don't help him in areas he may have been kind of weak in.

He's always been balanced around the fact that he had tools like a invincible reversal. I can live with that being gone. But I think what he has left to work with doesn't justify the nerfs compared to the buffs he received.

I'd gladly take this Ryu if he had MK tatsu hitting crouching opponents or st. LK being 0 on block and +1 on hit. Not sure how everybody else is holding up. I'm only looking at Ryu by himself when going from S1 to S2.

Piccoro

You can save the FM for the stages. That's the main reason I buy the character passes.

Right now I only have about 50.000 FM. The stages usually cost too much, like Rashid's 70.000 FM stage.
And the Christmas stage will be removed in January. I doubt I can earn 20.000 FM until then... :p

Right now I only have about 50.000 FM. The stages usually cost too much, like Rashid's 70.000 FM stage
And the Christmas stage will be removed in January. I doubt I can earn 20.000 FM until then... :p
If you just buy Akuma then you can get enough for at least 1 stage by doing Akuma's story, trial, demonstration and easy survival. Won't even take 30 minutes.

Rhapsody

Banned
Loaded this up on Steam. For some odd reason after the patch, my arcade stick when plugged in gets stuck on player 2? Anyone else have this problem? Keyboard is stuck to player 1.

Siaynoqq

I wish I could say the same about my boy Ryu. It's not just that he's worse than he was before. It's that I don't find any of his new buffs useful. It's kind of fun to play around with some of them. But they don't help him in areas he may have been kind of weak in.

He's always been balanced around the fact that he had tools like a invincible reversal. I can live with that being gone. But I think what he has left to work with doesn't justify the nerfs compared to the buffs he received.

I'd gladly take this Ryu if he had MK tatsu hitting crouching opponents or st. LK being 0 on block and +1 on hit. Not sure how everybody else is holding up. I'm only looking at Ryu by himself when going from S1 to S2.

I agree. What exactly is the point of making axe kick special-cancelable? Doesn't do any more damage than his typical standing lk x tatsu/shoryu combo. Also don't see any purpose to making his standing hp cancelable and restricting that to v-trigger.

Scotia

Banned
C0LeRkTVEAALQVj.jpg

New silhouettes.

The one on the left is definitely Helen. Kinda surprised they've gone with her, but more Illuminati characters is never a bad thing.

Pretty tricky to gauge who the others are. I just hope Ed is one of them.

#EdforSeason2

EDIT: Rook would be cool. Probably my number 2 pick.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks 100 percent more like Azam, just look at the gut area. We know Azam is going to be a future character, which is more than we can say about this rando jobber
I'm talking about the one in the very back and the head that peaks out behind Akuma. Not the one on the right.

Zangief's evil twin, Feignaz

Though for serious, you gotta remember that Capcom is not afraid to drastically change a character's look. See: Birdie

So it might be a character we've seen before but because of their changed look, is not immediately recognizable.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Zangief's evil twin, Feignaz

Though for serious, you gotta remember that Capcom is not afraid to drastically change a character's look. See: Birdie

So it might be a character we've seen before but because of their changed look, is not immediately recognizable.
They fit their CFN profiles, though

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to say that all SFV characters fit their CFN profiles, but Akuma doesn't. He looks pretty weird there. So scratch that then lol

ElFly

so are the servers less stressed now

it is ridiculous that S2 brought back a bunch of people, only to have them body the servers and have matchmaking performance dial back to the early PSN beta eras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom