• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Thoughts on Akumer

His style seems hit and run based. Like juri he has the tools, but needs to make the right reads on tendencies or he dies very quickly.

He seems to fight conventional zoners alright. 3 hit fireball to get through guile shield walls, or air fireball to cover a jump. I think he'll have real problems vs the other zoners though, aka Fang and Sim.

Normals are very situational. He has one good bufferable counterpoke (st. mk), one half-assed poke/counterhit fisher (st. hp) and everything else is stubby as all get out. Cr. mk is basically a short (and even looks the same) and his sweep has barely more range than a cr. mk by other shotos which is saying something considering their length in this game.

His specials are also pretty situational aside from his ground firerballs. Air fireball are good but very slow startup and recovery. Someone looking for it can probably dash or at least jump and hit him. Purely for locking down someone with predictable (usually normal-based) anti-air timing. Demon flips are the same, quite slow although since it's day 1 nobody realizes it yet.

Overall, he feels like Juri's versatility and required precision combined with Necalli's stubby normals and damage. But without necalli's st. hk. Also with 875 life. But on the plus side, what he does have is a lot fo cool combo routes and possibilites. For example, when his fireballs hit at max-max range, they explode, knocking targets down. They also knock down at close range cancels. I think there must be some setup possibilities in things like that, but I'm no lab monster so someone else will probably come up with stuff.

Some of those guesses from those SFV character profiles posted earlier seems close for some of them...

Still think it's dumb we don't know who we are getting with when you buy a season pass...

One of those silhouettes HAS to be Helen. It just has to be. We have a full body silhouette now, and its basically identical to her.

Edzi

GGs vulva. Still had no answer to vskill jump ins and cr. lk spam. At least air legs is mostly dead though.

Akuma is fun as balls.

LowParry

Would this be a good time to get back into the game with all the changes? Been kinda itching for a fighter while waiting for T7.

I mean... Dont most online games shit the bed day one ob release / large updates?

Look forward to trying Akuma and testing Guile and Laura changes tonight.

The icons added for honest players and rage quitters, I'm guessing they don't take into account our matches up until now? Had a quick look before work this morning and nothing showing. Is it ranked exclusive? Cause I usually stick to casual.

The icons added for honest players and rage quitters, I'm guessing they don't take into account our matches up until now? Had a quick look before work this morning and nothing showing. Is it ranked exclusive? Cause I usually stick to casual.

I cant imaging they would take into account casual. The whole point of casual is no pressure and not having to care about that stuff.

Man, If those really are Helen and Azam, and they're pulling from previously unplayable but established in-universe characters. I'm having a tough time thinking of anybody huge enough to fit the silhouette of the big guy in the top corner. The only one that comes close off the top of my head is Matthew McCoy.

New silhouettes.

C0LeRkTVEAALQVj.jpg
Definitely looks like Helen,
though I wonder why they went with that look instead of her Kolin transformation.
Guy on the right looks like Azam too, which would be cool. (Though the pants don't match his current model.) The right side model also looks like it could be Abel to me, but I know that doesn't fit with Capcom's claims. (I would be very happy if it was though.)

There's also a huge beefy looking dude in the back it looks like, so that's nice.

Definitely looks like Helen,
though I wonder why they went with that look instead of her Kolin transformation.
Guy on the right looks like Azam too, which would be cool. (Though the pants don't match his current model.)

There's also a huge beefy looking dude in the back it looks like, so that's nice.
They could easily have changed Azam's costume now that it's a new season and he's gonna be playable.

It is a bit odd that Helen's default is the russian outfit and not the secretary one though that's probably because Capcom knows people (including me) would pay through the nose for a costume like that.

F.A.N.G has the monopoly on 2.

Juri can have 3 or even 4.
I don't see the appeal in Azam, or Helen actually. Not sure what to make of Season 2 at the moment.
We know next to nothing about Helen in terms of her capabilities and for Azam, we know that his character has experience in wrestling and fighting, and that he is very nimble. Though that still doesn't really give away much of his movesets.

We still have 0 idea who the remaining three are though.

Edgeward

hmm, so far the new CC stuff for Vega isn't as good as I hoped. They don't pop up high enough for any FBA combos or even v trigger. cr HP CC buff makes it possible to do the FBA combo out of the corner which is cool I guess.

Being able to combo clawless st mp xx HK roll is nice. being plus after hit on lk roll is nice and give Vega a good vantage to keep the pressure going.

ASE buff doesn't mean much since it's still slow to reliably AA but it's nice to see it finally go behind him to cover crossup attempts. Not much to reliably get out of it besides sweep tho.

They could easily have changed Azam's costume now that it's a new season and he's gonna be playable.

It is a bit odd that Helen's default is the russian outfit and not the secretary one though that's probably because Capcom knows people (including me) would pay through the nose for a costume like that.
Yeah, he could of gotten a costume change. (Which I'd support, as his default is kinda meh.)
Kolin
is a much cooler look than Helen though, so I'm sure it'll be DLC.
Though are they actually the same person? They didn't explain the transformation at all really. And if so, is one form the true version of her?

I think the right hand silhouette looks like Abel too, particularly the hair and fighting stance. Maybe Capcom was just being weird/coy when they said "new characters", and my French grappler will be back.

RK9039

Played a few rounds before work, Charlie's definitely been nerfed but I think the hit and run tactics can still be used quite easily. He's still very mobile, I dashed into grab several times. That new TC is pretty cool but I think he can only VT into EX scythe with that, I'm not sure if it's really worth attempting.

mbpm1

Played a few rounds before work, Charlie's definitely been nerfed but I think the hit and run tactics can still be used quite easily. He's still very mobile, I dashed into grab several times. That new TC is pretty cool but I think he can only VT into EX scythe with that, I'm not sure if it's really worth attempting.

I think you're supposed to use his target combo to go into v-skill to get v-meter faster.

F.A.N.G has the monopoly on 2.

Juri can have 3 or even 4.

Ha, fair enough

tumblr_oiizvfeK5A1usrgjso1_540.gif

I think you're supposed to use his target combo to go into v-skill to get v-meter faster.
Which is better now since his V-skill gives more V-meter on hit as compared to projectile absorption.

① Increased damage from 60⇒70

② Reduced V-Gauge meter gain on projectile absorption from 100⇒80

③ Increased V-Gauge meter gain on physical attack hit from 60⇒80

To anyone wondering about the legs on Azam, they might be going for this look.

sfv-azam-2.jpg

And his Story Costume could be the one from the CSM.
Could be, and it would be an improvement, but there seems to be some fabric that puffs out a bit around the legs. Also, his ponytail raises up a bit in the back so it should be visible in a pose like that, but you can't see it in the silhouette.

We know next to nothing about Helen in terms of her capabilities and for Azam, we know that his character has experience in wrestling and fighting, and that he is very nimble. Though that still doesn't really give away much of his movesets.

We still have 0 idea who the remaining three are though.

As characters I just don't find them very exciting and I don't think movesets will change that (for me). Helen's ties with Gill make her more interesting, but I dunno. I got the pass though, I like to support Street Fighter. I should just make myself spend more time with all the characters I'm getting but never use.

Since we now pretty much know that one of them is Helen, I think that means its safe to say Capcom was actually saying the remaining 5 characters were "Never before playable", rather than "Completely brand new to the SF Universe".

Now, that isn't to say that none of these characters are completely brand new. In fact, I expect at least 1 of them to be a completely brand new character to the SF universe. But, I think its safe to say that Helen, Azam & at least 1 of the dolls (not Decapre) will be in the Season 2 roster. That means we have 2 more characters unaccounted for.

Since we now pretty much know that one of them is Helen, I think that means its safe to say Capcom was actually saying the remaining 5 characters were "Never before playable", rather than "Completely brand new to the SF Universe".

Now, that isn't to say that none of these characters are completely brand new. In fact, I expect at least 1 of them to be a completely brand new character to the SF universe. But, I think its safe to say that Helen, Azam & at least 1 of the dolls (not Decapre) will be in the Season 2 roster. That means we have 2 more characters unaccounted for.
The other female looking silhouette doesn't really look like a doll though, unless she's not in her uniform.

As characters I just don't find them very exciting and I don't think movesets will change that (for me). Helen's ties with Gill make her more interesting, but I dunno. I got the pass though, I like to support Street Fighter. I should just make myself spend more time with all the characters I'm getting but never use.

I get it. Tough to be excited for characters you know nothing about and haven't really done or said much to show off their uniqueness or personality.

Which is EXACTLY why Capcom should reveal those characters and give a vague description of their moveset ( Grappler, Zoner, Striker, etc)

EDIT: The SF5 Deluxe version on US PSN is now 80$ and includes SF5, Season 1 as well as Season 2.

Which is better now since his V-skill gives more V-meter on hit as compared to projectile absorption.

① Increased damage from 60⇒70

② Reduced V-Gauge meter gain on projectile absorption from 100⇒80

③ Increased V-Gauge meter gain on physical attack hit from 60⇒80

Yup. They want u using it as a poke and as a part of his new target combo, and they want Nash gaining more v-meter than almost any character in the game. I'm telling everyone, 2 VT activation Nash is going to be a scary thing this year.

I get it. Tough to be excited for characters you know nothing about and haven't really done or said much to show off their uniqueness or personality.

Which is EXACTLY why Capcom should reveal those characters and give a vague description of their moveset ( Grappler, Zoner, Striker, etc)
I was hoping Akuma's release would be accompanied by a trailer teasing at least the next character. :/

Lulubop

Ed is for sure a character in s2 as well.

I was hoping Akuma's release would be accompanied by a trailer teasing at least the next character. :/

They really need to it like this. Give us something.

They've been teasing 'Ed' as a playable character for years now. Since the S2 DLC characters' stories are taking place after the events of the cinematic campaign, I imagine this will be an interesting frame of time to check in on Ed and whats going on with him.

I just hope they touch up his design a little bit. Blonde haired, blued eyed adolescent with sweat pants & a sleeveless hoodie isn't exactly compelling visual design.

Yup. They want u using it as a poke and as a part of his new target combo, and they want Nash gaining more v-meter than almost any character in the game. I'm telling everyone, 2 VT activation Nash is going to be a scary thing this year.

Yup, meter management is now a considerably larger component of his overall design. Between the v-skill, TA being (more) comboable etc, they're clearly trying to balance his decreased mobility with slightly better special moves, considerably better EX moves and more variability through the V-Trigger.

Which silhouette would he be though? The only one that could fit is the one most are assuming is another female character, and he'd have to have quite the change to his hairstyle and outfit.

Edit: Looking at it again, it definitely can't be Ed. The arms are way too lean.

Renekton

Most likely there will be a Tekken character as well.

Which is hilarious because Anna Williams' mop top fits in two of the silhouettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom