• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to say that all SFV characters fit their CFN profiles, but Akuma doesn't. He looks pretty weird there. So scratch that then lol

I feel like the more time there is between the DLC release of a character and their CFN profile, the more difference there will be.

They seem to be changing up a lot of character's default classic look and delegating the classic look to an outfit or not at all like with Guile, Akuma, Juri, Balrog. And that's just the DLC characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
so are the servers less stressed now

it is ridiculous that S2 brought back a bunch of people, only to have them body the servers and have matchmaking performance dial back to the early PSN beta eras
Yeah it just shows that they haven't actually adressed server load issues. It's just that less activity makes it more stable. Which is a shame because it's times like these that form new players opinions.

Posting here because I forgot there was a SF V community thread. Quick question, bought the game a few months ago along with the S1 pass but only played a few times. What's the fastest way to get 100,000 fight money? Are there any tips or vids to getting fight money quickly?

Posting here because I forgot there was a SF V community thread. Quick question, bought the game a few months ago along with the S1 pass but only played a few times. What's the fastest way to get 100,000 fight money? Are there any tips or vids to getting fight money quickly?

Check the OP. Look at the FAQ section.

Just search "Fight" and you'll be linked to the FM guide.

Daigo's next event or rather the way he's going to use the donation money is through this game.

1. $50 if win vs Opponent 1
2. $100 if win vs Opponent 2
3. $300 if win vs Opponent 3
4. $1000 if win vs Fuudo
5. All the donation money (think it's close to $6900) if win vs Daigo

The catch: In order to receive the money you have to quit while you're ahead or win all 5 matches. So if you win the first match, you can tell Daigo you want to walk away with $50 or you can bet it all on the next match and go for $100. It's like who wants to be a millionaire.

Right now Kuroda vs Machabo are doing a set. Winner gets to be the first challenger in this game. The opponents apart from Fuudo and Daigo are decided through an online tournament. In the case that the opponent wins, they become the new challenger.

Do everyone's Story Mode if you haven't already, you could skip the cutscenes if you wish. After that, do everyone's Easy Survival. Watch all the demonstrations too, that's quick FM.

Do individual story mode for each character, then survival easy/normal. Cinematic story is easy but will take a while, weekly missions is easy 6k.

Check the OP. Look at the FAQ section.

Just search "Fight" and you'll be linked to the FM guide.

Do everyone's Story Mode if you haven't already, you could skip the cutscenes if you wish. After that, do everyone's Easy Survival. Watch all the demonstrations too, that's quick FM.

Do individual story mode for each character, then survival easy/normal. Cinematic story is easy but will take a while, weekly missions is easy 6k.

Will do! Thanks for the input fellas, I appreciate it!

I never thought I'd ever say this, but good lord I need my frame data so bad :(

I don't have the time to learn this shit by myself.

Bafael, help me!!!

I'm sitting here at work and all I can think about are all the akuma wakeup and counter hit setups I found in training mode and how to expand on them...

If the story has moved further ahead, all of the dolls a free from Bison's control. A post-Shadaloo doll could be dressed any way they want, which could actually go a long way in differentiating them from Cammy and Decapre.

edit: Wow! The CFN Website was just completely re-done in the last hour or so! A lot more english content, as well as a lot more stuff overall!
That's true, though considering how they're treating Helen, I don't think they're using the post story mode versions of the characters.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Qei0nZz.jpg

Figure on the right might not be Azam after all.

The game won't start for me now that I've updated. It says "running" for a few seconds on Steam, then nothing happens. I've tried restarting Steam, restarting my computer, and adding an exception to the Street Fighter folder in Windows Defender, but it's still not launching. Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone have any suggestions?

ElFly

Yeah it just shows that they haven't actually adressed server load issues. It's just that less activity makes it more stable. Which is a shame because it's times like these that form new players opinions.

the ridic server down times make me think they are installing the server updates by hand and it is a looong and complex process

which means they cannot really automatize it and deal with more load by adding more servers in real time

I don't drink all the devops cool-aid, but at least they get that right; production installs should be fully automated

Jab hitbox was nerfed. Ex dp appears to still be invincible tho...?, so I won't cry too hard.

"Decreased size of the hitbox in upwards direction"
So it's a worse AA but as a wakeup option, it's still decent as people still keep messing up meatys. And yeah, EX DP is still invincible.

I agree. What exactly is the point of making axe kick special-cancelable? Doesn't do any more damage than his typical standing lk x tatsu/shoryu combo. Also don't see any purpose to making his standing hp cancelable and restricting that to v-trigger.

Agreed, that buff would have been better than all the rest combined if it wasn't held hostage until V Trigger is activated. I've been playing for several hours, which is the most since September. I think Ryu got hit harder than I originally expected.

I just don't get it. He's always been balanced around the fact that he had a move like his Dragon punch to anti air and command respect or a fireball to control space. That's why he doesn't get a move like cannon drill or a command throw. They gutted his DP and neutered a bunch of normals. And he gets is useless buffs that don't actually help him out at all. Seriously they can revert the buff to solar plexus, axe kick, or air tatsu having super juggle and he wouldn't even be any worse than he is right now(OK that was a bit of sarcasm, but only a tad bit). The only decent buff was EX fireball on block, that's it.

End rant, you can tell I'm salty by these changes.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Also FANG least used. Of course.
Not sure if it's an actual question, but it's match-ups. Like Dhalsim - Zangief is 6.385 - 3.615, meaning out of 10 matches, Dhalsim wins 6.385. That's the worst one in that whole chart.

And then they calculated the average out of those and ranked them accordingly.

Not sure if it's an actual question, but it's match-ups. Like Dhalsim - Zangief is 6.385 - 3.615, meaning out of 10 matches, Dhalsim wins 6.385. That's the worst one in that whole chart.

It was a shitty attempt at a meme but still, thanks for explaining.

ElFly

Does it say if it is filtered for silver or gold and up, or does it consider bronze people too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom