• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

Yeah, it's some weird thing where it's downloading the entire modified file. If you don't need it anymore then you can just uncheck the story mode dlc from steam and not download it.

Yup that was it. Thanks! I uninstalled the General Story DLC and the update disappeared. Out of interest, was the only reason the DLC was required to be downloaded again, because of the system level changes in 2.0, or did they add anything to it for eg. Akuma? (If anyone could check that would be really useful)

Yup that was it. Thanks! I uninstalled the General Story DLC and the update disappeared. Out of interest, was the only reason the DLC was required to be downloaded again, because of the system level changes in 2.0, or did they add anything to it for eg. Akuma? (If anyone could check that would be really useful)

I don't think they've added anything because if they did, people would have found something. Plus if they did then the PS4 version would also have gotten this update and it didn't.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm doing neutral jump, and there's no v trigger in the 7th trial.

I'm on dpad btw

Do the fireball motion(236) but end in upforward(2369), then press punch as soon as you see the jumping animation start.

Reizo has the answer you're looking for. Don't do the fireball motion in the air after jumping. While you're coming down with the dive kick, do a fireball motion but continue rolling your thumb to up-forward and make sure you finish the motion just after you land from the dive kick so you jump again, then hit the two punches just after you leave the ground. It's not something I'm used to doing as a Ken player but I got the hang of it very quickly so I don't think the timing is too strict.

Baleoce

I don't think they've added anything because if they did, people would have found something. Plus if they did then the PS4 version would also have gotten this update and it didn't.

Weird, I wonder if that's down to how UE4 handles update packets on PC or whether it's specifically an SFV oddity. Seems so unnecessary.

BadWolf

hope Daigo switches to Urien

I need me some robotic crazy combos with Urien in competitions

Daigo Illumihara

Even during S1 it looked like Guile would have been a good choice for him considering how much he loves throwing fireballs, and how often he gets screwed with Ryu for doing so.

He definitely needs to switch either way, it doesn't look like Ryu is working for him in this iteration.

Guile, Urien, Akuma, whatever, he should try someone new.

Even during S1 it looked like Guile would have been a good choice for him considering how much he loves throwing fireballs, and how often he gets screwed with Ryu for doing so.

He definitely needs to switch away, it doesn't look like Ryu is working for him in this iteration.

Guile, Akuma, whatever, he should try someone new.
Considering how much of an emphasis he seems to put nowadays on Defensive play and his fireball game, Guile really does seem like the best choice for him.

jett

D-Member

He definitely needs to switch either way, it doesn't look like Ryu is working for him in this iteration.

Guile, Urien, Akuma, whatever, he should try someone new.

More importantly for us as spectators: his Ryu is boring as fuck.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah and it's boring in a game where that just doesn't work that well. A lot of top players try to play it this way sometimes and even they just get overhelmed. Tokido at CC was probably the craziest example of that.

He's a flower, of course he looks soft.

13_akumacard01t.jpg

Hes a dandelion man

dandelion-flower.jpg
+ Akuma face = SF5 Akuma

tfw u just want to play a defensive ryu but the game keeps making you go on offense

tfw u just want to be a wall but the game is screaming at you to move in

tfw u lose to kbrad

To buy Season 2...to buy the Christmas stuff...or not

The question
Buying Season 2 will save up on a lot of FM but the Christmas stuff is nice. Up to you at the end of the day.

tfw u just want to play a defensive ryu but the game keeps making you go on offense

tfw u just want to be a wall but the game is screaming at you to move in

tfw u lose to kbrad

tfw u realize u got sponsors practically coming out of our ass.

tfw u realize u're the goddamn twitch ambassador for e-sports.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Bison feels much better now the ex shot going full screen and the speed it travels in v trigger is easy to follow. Also light shot after H inferno is pretty nice as well. His new V skill storing fireballs is pretty damn nasty giving Dictator an extra fireball to chuck at you whenever he pleases is very dangerous as these online Spammers are learning the hard way.I don't know he just feels much better in season 2.

Played around a bit with Akuma in the lab he has pretty ridiculous combo ability and set ups.

This game feels like it's running in slow motion ever since the patch.

Yea I've seen some tweets and messages from various players saying that the game feels a bit slower or that it's back to 8f. Could just be the server issues.. I hope it's not back to 8f :/

I feel it too. The game doesn't feel "sluggish", it feels slow. Maybe it is a difference in input latency or maybe it's something else I don't know.

FluxWaveZ

Yea I've seen some tweets and messages from various players saying that the game feels a bit slower or that it's back to 8f. Could just be the server issues.. I hope it's not back to 8f :/

We had a Day 1 Season 2 local yesterday, and it messed with my head more than others; I can certainly say it's not an online thing. It was also affecting other players there. Simple dashes and BnB combos wouldn't come out even though I was 100% sure I was doing it with proper timing. I've gotten a bit used to it, but something definitely feels significantly different now. It feels sluggish.

We had a Day 1 Season 2 local yesterday, and it messed with my head more than others; I can certainly say it's not an online thing. It was also affecting other players there. Simple dashes and BnB combos wouldn't come out even though I was 100% sure I was doing it with proper timing. I've gotten a bit used to it, but something definitely feels significantly different now. It feels sluggish.

Yea I noticed it too when I went into training mode for the first time in S2. Again, I hope it's just from having the game online while playing and that being totally offline will not have it. Guess we'll have to see when the tests come out :/

Grifter

Does Akuma's fireball has an explosion effect at the end? In locals yesterday, seems like I was catching the back-end of Vega and Fang projectile-invincible move late.

mbpm1

Does Akuma's fireball has an explosion effect at the end? In locals yesterday, seems like I was catching the back-end of Vega and Fang projectile-invincible move late.

Yes, at the last few frames.

Idk if that has anything to do with projectile invincibility though

The beginning part where the projectile is conisderably larger, and the end with the explosion has a knockdown effect. The middle part where it just travels, functions as a regular fireball.
st.hk doesn't Crush Counter anymore. Compare it to her st.hk in Trials.

Wait what? That can't be right, it's not mentioned anywhere and I haven't heard anyone say anything similar.

Grifter

The beginning part where the projectile is conisderably larger, and the end with the explosion has a knockdown effect. The middle part where it just travel functions as a regular fireball.

I was wondering why it knocked down sometimes, thought it was a counter hit thing.

In the Vega match, the large fireball at his hands and his parry upkick turned out to be nice deterrents against forward wall dives, and the explosion made it harder for him to v-skill around them.

stn

Akuma is fun but I can see why the pros think he'll struggle against characters with good pokes and speed. His neutral--for now, at least--consists of fishing for hit-confirms with cr. mp into st. mk. His cr. mk isn't a factor and his sweep is just as unsafe as any other. I could see Guile and Cammy being bad matchups, also Chun-Li.

EDIT: Also, digging the parry meter buff to Ryu. I've already started practicing my timings, going to be so good for building trigger. No clue who I'm going to settle on long-term, I'm now using Guile, Ryu, Akuma, Necalli, Alex, and Rashid. Finally starting to have some fun with the game, it was a bit boring for the longest time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Akuma has 875 health in a high damage game. You have to be ready to eat a lot of last minute losses with him.

mbpm1

yes. No Crush Counter

Does the Season 2 Pass have the Stage?
That's weird. Did something go wrong with your installation or something? Try restarting the game.

And no, the stage is separate. Season 2 pass only has the 6 characters and a premium costumes for each (colours unlocked for both)

Been playing Destiny for a month and now with all these new Ken block strings I have to learn, I'm getting wrecked online. Lol...not ready for ranked yet, so many times, I'm getting jabbed out of stuff like, "that's doesn't work anymore?"

...need a training buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom