• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
That's weird. Did something go wrong with your installation or something? Try restarting the game.

And no, the stage is separate. Season 2 pass only has the 6 characters and a premium costumes for each (colours unlocked for both)

Yeah, cache is fine. PC version.

I don't get a Crush Counter in Training or in Versus with st HK or cr HK like you're supposed to.

EDIT: What are the crush counter buttons for every character? Ryu doesn't have it either.

I don't get a Crush Counter in Training or in Versus with st HK or cr HK like you're supposed to.

EDIT: What are the crush counter buttons for every character? Ryu doesn't have it either.
Ok lol there is something wrong with your game.

Ryu's buttons are St.HP, St.HK and cr.hk (Cr.hk is universal)

Some more silhouette shots:

UdAMQ96.jpg

Skab

Ok dumb question but you are turning counter on in training right

The God

Reizo has the answer you're looking for. Don't do the fireball motion in the air after jumping. While you're coming down with the dive kick, do a fireball motion but continue rolling your thumb to up-forward and make sure you finish the motion just after you land from the dive kick so you jump again, then hit the two punches just after you leave the ground. It's not something I'm used to doing as a Ken player but I got the hang of it very quickly so I don't think the timing is too strict.

I think I got it. Thanks guys.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Game feels a little slower when I'm online, but offline it's completely fine.

My first few online matches felt very strange, kind of stilted, and there would be sudden hitches of rollback once in a while, but for the most part it just felt wrong each time I landed a hit. Part of this is probably Ken's new frame timings, and maybe even their d-input implementation, but I also wonder if they made changes to the netcode.

It couldn't be related to server congestion, right, because it's all peer-to peer?

edit: i should add that I'm on PC and I didn't experience any other issues with the game running properly. Training mode and Trials felt fine.

I'd wager they want the characters out before Evo so that people actually USE them at CC. I'm guessing one a month, maybe a month off for some other new game mode or story thing.

Mr. X

I'd wager they want the characters out before Evo so that people actually USE them at CC. I'm guessing one a month, maybe a month off for some other new game mode or story thing.
If they were serious about people using them at events, they'd release all of them simultaneously.

kirblar

It's not just EVO, getting them all out before MvC marketing is in the final push is important.

I'm guessing this is what's most likely going to happen. Will make EVO hype, and will allow tournaments that take place towards the end of the year to be even better since there'll be greater character variety.

If they were serious about people using them at events, they'd release all of them simultaneously.

Each release is a small amount of marketing that they would like to have though. So it works out better for them to drip feed the characters while still getting them out a bit earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom