• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mikey-

Was hoping I could upload a match that I just had on pc.

For some reason, I thought there was a built in system to upload to Facebook or YouTube. Guess that was just a built in system level feature on ps4.

Well, had an amazing set as Bison v Birdie. That character has always been a problem for me. His chains and dolphin dive seemed slower than season 1.

Bizazedo

Edit - BTW don't forget you can combo into Shadow Axe off a cross up j.MK so if you are gonna VTC off a cross up use that so you can get a s.HP after the VTC (into whatever you want from the s.HP cancel).

What would you suggest on that? I can't find anything that's better than st. mp, cr. mp xx medium scissors, VTC, l.stk, light scissors, ex blast, psycho axe (after the j.mk anyways)/

Was hoping I could upload a match that I just had on pc.

For some reason, I thought there was a built in system to upload to Facebook or YouTube. Guess that was just a built in system level feature on ps4.

Well, had an amazing set as Bison v Birdie. That character has always been a problem for me. His chains and dolphin dive seemed slower than season 1.

If it saved, you can see it in your match history. If it saved (on CFN).

Wallach

What would you suggest on that? I can't find anything that's better than st. mp, cr. mp xx medium scissors, VTC, l.stk, light scissors, ex blast, psycho axe (after the j.mk anyways)/

If it saved, you can see it in your match history. If it saved (on CFN).

That combo is 328D/545S, if you confirm j.MK crossup hits go for:

s.MP -> df.HP TC xx VTC, s.HP xx H DKP xx EX Blast, df.HP (335D/556S).

I really like the TC change in light of the reduced pushback on s.MP. It's easier to fish for s.MP CH as a follow-up s.MP will now connect after s.MP CH, allowing you to confirm the Shadow Axe TC (either into VTC or throw/LK guess).

Basically his st.mk, cr.mk and cr.mp are slower by 1 frame.

To compensate his normals have been buffed a little bit to still allow the same combos. He can still do the same combos but because the amount of + on hit for st.lp and coward's crouch was increased, it can combo into st.hp on CH leading to even greater damage. St.lp, coward's crouch kick now both can combo into st.hp on counter hit.

cr.mk is now +3 oB as compared to the previous +2. So it's a VERY good frametrap.

His V-Reversal is faster, he can combo into his moves without having to have charge when in V-Trigger (Think necalli with his charge move), His Trap stays out for 1/3 of a second longer (20 frames), cancelling his dash into his coward's crouch is MUCH faster and more ambiguous and auto-corrects direction, his EX Nishkiyu is overall better.

His throws don't have as much oki (Universal nerf)

His df.hp is MUCH better and is + oH.

Overall, he's gotten a pretty hefty amount of buffs which certainly cover the nerfs and then some.

That's more like it! Thanks for tutoring my ignorance. This seems more palatable, though I still wish they would have given him some big poison buffs like non recovering stun in V-Trigger, stacking, less damage scaling during V-Trigger, and so forth. There still doesn't seem to be a reason to really fear him at any point, poison wise.

I'm still throwing out that V-Skill every chance I get though.

molnizzle

Juri trial 10 seems even more impossible than ever (I was hoping it would be easier).

Does QCF+K even combo into LK.DP anymore? I can't get that to work... ever. About to throw my fucking PlayStation out the window.

Kalentan

I feel like M.Bison is made for people who want to get near perfect victories every game. I feel like when I actually land a hit on him it's cause I got lucky.

BiggNife

Did guile get any buffs? Wondering if I should try messing with him again but I don't see anyone talking about him one way or the other.

Same with gief. Is he still trash or is he at least somewhat viable now?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm trying the DInput support with my DS4, but there's one weird thing...diagonal directions on the analogue stick are very small areas. Like, it's tough to actually hold down-back, it's often down or back by accident.

Any idea if I can change that?

Zangief Lariat is SF4 awesome tier now...
Anti-Air improved hitbox better choice for damage over the jab..
Can't throw fireballs close range increase Lariat range connects..
Still discovering possibilities.....

wamberz1

Zangief Lariat is SF4 awesome tier now...
Anti-Air improved hitbox better choice for damage over the jab..
Can't throw fireballs close range increase Lariat range connects..
Still discovering possibilities.....

Seriously, it's incredible. The grey health nerf sucks but this honestly might make up for it.

Did guile get any buffs? Wondering if I should try messing with him again but I don't see anyone talking about him one way or the other.

Same with gief. Is he still trash or is he at least somewhat viable now?

Guile pretty much got buffed across the board. He definitely got some love in S2.

Gief got some good buffs but the biggest thing for him is that he wasn't hit with many of the "universal nerfs" that other characters got. As Nemesis just mentioned, Double Lariat is better all around. He now builds 1/5 a bar everytime he headbutts a fireball. His cLK and sMP are +2 oB which give him mixups now. You can confirm his CA from sHP, cHP, and sHK now. Still no real way to get in and the grey life change is his biggest nerf in this patch since it makes his v-skill all the more riskier and they didn't do anything to make it better. Hopefully it's enough to see Itazan or Snake Eyez get in some top 8s in S2. D:

...jesus fucking christ.

Capcom's incompetence is fucking incredible. This game deserves every bit of shit it gets. Ugh.

That's not incompetence. Incompetence would be forgetting about the trials altogether, so that a bunch of trials ended up breaking in S2.

My guess is that Capcom is simply not allocating a lot of resources to whatever remains of the team working on SFV, so that they have to prioritize what gets fixed or updated. That would also explain the slow improvements to the game and its online infrastructure.

Onemic

Man, how can Capcom still not get direct input right? Now my stick doesnt work unless I map it to player 2, which still sucks because I cant do shit with player 2 since its only player 1 controller that can navigate.

Vice

Man, how can Capcom still not get direct input right? Now my stick doesnt work unless I map it to player 2, which still sucks because I cant do shit with player 2 since its the player 1 controller that can navigate and I cant even complete the remap because it forces you to enter buttons that most controllers dont even have. ugh.

I think I had a similar issue in the past with another game. Had to restart my PC, have you tried that?

molnizzle

Most of Gief's trials weren't even real combos in season 1. Capcom don't care. Just hit up the youtubes is what they'd probably say!

I've probably spent at least 8 hours on this one trial alone since Juri first dropped. All the youtube vids are just people (allegedly) completing the trial. I say allegedly because I'm not convinced that it's even possible to combo Juri's fireball into DP.

Yes I'm salty. Shit is fucking stupid.

Producer

Heard someone say that, in essence, it makes the window to pull off hold moves like Balrog's TAP on wake-up as a reversal timing easier.

That might have been something else, though.

Ah i see. I thought it was something charge move related, probably applies to hold moves as well then

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So I played like 10 different people tonight and 8 of them were Akumas.

Oh and Laura is the new Mika. She is stupid now.

Man, how can Capcom still not get direct input right? Now my stick doesnt work unless I map it to player 2, which still sucks because I cant do shit with player 2 since its the player 1 controller that can navigate and I cant even complete the remap because it forces you to enter buttons that most controllers dont even have. ugh.
Do you have another controller connected? How does it look in Windows?

HardRojo

...jesus fucking christ.

Capcom's incompetence is fucking incredible. This game deserves every bit of shit it gets. Ugh.
It's not about incompetence, why would they waste resources creating trials that comply with the Season 2 changes now, the mode is already there and there are much more urgent problems to fix, SF4 did the same thing and it was fine, incompetence would've been them making you try S1 trials with the S2 changes and not being able to complete them because some would obviously not work. If anything I expect more season compliant trials for all characters by Season 3.

I've probably spent at least 8 hours on this one trial alone since Juri first dropped. All the youtube vids are just people (allegedly) completing the trial. I say allegedly because I'm not convinced that it's even possible to combo Juri's fireball into DP.

You're talking about the last one with the lk dp into the super?

After you do the fireball, try HCB + F lk and then QCB for the super. It's a weird way of doing the DP that I learned from one of the KOF13 trials.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't they forget stuff like "dash" or "walk forward" in some of these combos? I remember that being a thing.

JayEH

video editing skills have come a long way.

Didn't they forget stuff like "dash" or "walk forward" in some of these combos? I remember that being a thing.

For trials? No. You just had to watch the video or figure it out yourself.

mitchlol

Anyone else think it's kinda crappy that we won't see any of the Season 2 characters (Not including Akuma) in 2017 Capcom Pro Tour. I don't see how a character released in say July will give anyone enough time to learn them for Capcom Cup. It might have been better to drop all characters at once and give people the most time to learn them.

Marvel

could never
Played Akuma all day, LOVE him. Though his speed is tough to get used to at first and he is quite difficult to win with compared to some of my other characters I play. Like my other main Dan in IV, you gotta work for that big payoff at times (maybe not quite as bad as Dan tho since Akuma's fb's are better).

Not really a bad thing, like Cammy he is teaching me better space awareness and hitconfirms.

The trials are all totally possible (did them all myself). When ever i have trouble i just watch the in game demonstration as there is often a mive forward or dash that it doesn't mention. After that its just muscle memory practise.

As for not updating the trials I personally have no issue. Its really single player content that is full if stuff you wont ever do in a real match anyway. I just find then fun to do once then move on.

This is prob the first fighting games trials i have ever 100% completed and didn't find most of them that hard. Other fighting games ones can be waaaaayyy harder.

Skab

4wwd4td0wx4y.jpg

Helen and Garuda

That middle shadow...I'm tellin you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom